• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC2 or WC3?

WC4 gameplay more like WC2 or WC3?

• WC2

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • WC3

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know WC4 won't come out for a long time, but I will ask you anyway. What do you want it to be more like in terms of gameplay?

WC2-building larger armies with a cap of at least 200 while focusing more on resource management; fast paced action.

WC3-slower paced action, focusing less on resource management and instead the gameplay revolves around heroes with smaller armies.

Please don't assume that I'm saying if you want WC4 to be exactly like WC2 or WC3. I'm just wandering what you want it to be more like. I would like to see Blizzard make more of a fast paced; bigger armies type of Warcraft game, however I like how they told the story in WC3 through cut-scenes and cinematics; thats what I would like them to do with WC4. Of, course I would also like them to add new things to the RTS Warcraft games that we haven't seen yet.

Level 24
WC2 gameplay had its charm, but for example casting spells was horrible, and all units having the same food cost made the tier one units worthless end-game, compared to WC3, where sometimes, tactics including tier one units can actually be better than ones with heavy tier three units. But well, I think the charm of Warcraft 2 combined with the better parts of Warcraft 3 is how Warcraft 4 should be.

Level 6
WC2 gameplay had its charm, but for example casting spells was horrible, and all units having the same food cost made the tier one units worthless end-game, compared to WC3, where sometimes, tactics including tier one units can actually be better than ones with heavy tier three units. But well, I think the charm of Warcraft 2 combined with the better parts of Warcraft 3 is how Warcraft 4 should be.

I agree, they should combine the good points of both, but overall I would like a faster paced game with more troops. I don't want the game to revolve around heroes. However, I wouldn't mind having some missions were you get to play as heroes only; kind of like what they're doing with SC2. It's like two games in one.

Level 6
And you said more like. You could easy add naval warfare to WC3 style game.

Well, the engine wasn't built to make the AI use transports and perform sea combat like it did in WC2. Your right that it can be easily added- multiplayer speaking, but not single player. In WC4, I would prefer they bring back naval combat and try and make it a faster paced game with more units like it was in WC2. However, WC3's gameplay was very good as well. I have no complaints about it. I just want WC4 to be more like it was in WC2, but I want to see some new things as well. Like some more interesting missions which believe me I know they will do after what I've read about SC2. For example, enemies only attack at night and during the day you have to go out and destroy as much as their property as possible. Something like that. But you know what, if they like what they have with the gameplay in WC3 and want to continue it than I'll be fine with that. I'll be satisfied either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.