• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 -> Warcraft 2 Conversion? [WC2 Remake in WC3?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello everyone. I've heard a lot of people mentioning recreating wc2 with wc3 but I haven't really found anything decent from looking so far. So I was wondering if anyone had succeeded in recreating a melee map or any part/full campaign since I heard discussion of both.

Thanks. So what decent wc2 recreations have you seen?

Level 39
That is because of end of the old Horde (Ogres). But now, New Horde (campaign Founding of Durotar) has Orcs, Ogres, Tauren, and Trolls.

The new Horde doesn't have Ogres.

All of them were in the horde already except the Tauren.

The Trolls in the new Horde aren't the same as the ones in the Old Horde.

Level 14
Actually in the wc3 campaign, the Horde gains the help of the Ogre after Rexxar won an Arena match with the Lord of the Ogres in the area. And upon assaulting Theramore Island, Ogres were in the Horde army.

Level 6
I had made some maps from the WC2 Campaigns. I made them multiplayer though. Like the mission where you have to attack Zul'dare. One player controls the orcs on Zul'dare and the other player has the Humans at Hillsbrad. I made the terrain for about 7 maps, but they got deleted.

It's not to hard to recreate WC2 in WC3; it just takes a lot of time. So, if you know how to use the World Editor than it shouldn't be too difficult.

If your looking for Wc2 models, Tauer made a bunch of orcs and there are some others scattered around this website. Other than that; you'll just have to substitute for what you can't find.

Some conversions out there right now are WC2 2nd Generation, but they never finished the Campaign. I didn't really like what they did with the gameplay, but thats just my opinion. I think there is another Wc2 campaign being worked on at the Wc3 campaigns website.

Level 6
I'm sorry buddy, but they got deleted a while back. I have thought about making them, but I just don't have the time right now. I got the models I want and everything, but just not the time.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Linaze is making an large campaign about Wc2, with naval warfare, gameplay style equal to Wc2, oil...

Also, you have to try Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness map series. The last one, Mystic Isles, has an full AI, naval warfare, ogres, paladins, Death Knights, etc.

There's too many more campaigns and maps about Wc2 scattered though the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.