• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for anything WC2 related...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I'm looking for Warcraft 2 related models (and skins) posted online, or you may have and want to share. (I'm not going to request you do one, but just sharing the ones you may have... although if you are a modeler, and you happen to feel like doing some WC2 models won't say I wouldn't appreciate it).

I have about the most I could get around, but could use some more.
I don't need Icons though, because I've reused almost every icon from WC2.

I also saw once the model for the WC2 Temple of the Damned around, and would love to get my hands on *THAT* cause it looked pretty neat, but haven't found it yet (nor the name of the author).

Also what happend to "Red XIII" (A user that did quite a lot of WC2 based models)? I can't even find him in the member list.

I'll thank you for anything you got for sharing. In fact, I'm already thanking you for reading and wasting your precious time on me.

LIST of the models I HAVE so far (I've collected from different authors):
*Structures
- Great Hall/Stronghold/Fortress (Great Hall looks great, but Stronghold and Fortress kinda sucks).
- Town Hall (Supposly is the Town Hall... doesn't resembles it too much though).
- Keep (Resembles the Keep, but re-uses the human barracks entirely and feels cheap).
- Human Church
- Human Barracks
- Chicken Farm (human farm)
- Orc Blacksmith
- Orc Barracks
- WC2 Altar of the Four Winds
- Troll Sawmill (the one that looks EXACTLY like WC2).
- Stables (not exactly a WC2 stable, so could use a more accurate one, but its ok).
- Gnomish Inventor
- Dark Portal
* Units
- Elven Destroyer
- Gnomish Sub
- Giant Turtle
- Elven Archer + Ranger
- Human Oil Tanker
- Ogre Mage
- Eye of Killrog
- Death Knight
- Orc Transport (ship)
* Heroes
- Alleria
- Tauer's Heores pack (Grom, Kagarth Bladefist, Zul'jin, Guldan, etc...)

Last edited:
Level 15
Regular WC3 ballista and catapult look very much like those from WC2, imho
same goes for footman, grunt and some kind of forest troll for axethrower

Level 7
Level 3

Yeah, but those aren't really big chances worth it (the ballista would, but it lacks of team color :/ plus the wc3 ROC ballista is not that bad). And the catapult is better for a Warcraft 1 rendition. In WC2, it actually looks more gory (WC3 ROC version is more accurate imo than that one):

Catapultwarii.GIF

I mentioned the models I had from outside WC3, but I know I can use some of the WC3 stuff that respects the classical design.

But keep 'em coming :D !

Level 7
I would suggest editing your first post to state what you need.

It would make it easier, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.