• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warsong Clash 2 Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
ALPHA MAP RELEASED
Version 1.31

informations
i am currently remaking my map Warsong Clash AOS type . I think about implementing elements from "Eye of the Storm" (WoW)
This project takes me like forever...

I don't know if I release it as an update or as a new map.

These screenshots are up-to-date: Link

What do you think about my new terrain?
What can I do better?
How can I do it better?

Attention!!!
The attached map has the purpose to show the terrain!
The gameplay is not final.

my request threat

Attachments

• Warsong Clash 1.31.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Level 21
I'm liking on how it looks as well, but yeah. Some of the tiles are out of place and don't really look good at all, and the ideas are perfect and I like the lava holes around the map as well in the barrens and the forest.

Level 13
thanks for your replies. But I cannot see the problem with the tiles.
I am using the nothrend base because I like the water most.
this are the tiles I use.
tilesset.jpg

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Not the tiles by themselves that are the issue here, rather how you combined them.
The color transition is very abrupt.

Take for instance your first 'Horde WIP' picture and notice how it starts out barren with orange gradients and abruptly transcends to dark red and green bricks.

Last edited:
Level 23
Yes, what fladdermasken says definetally is right. Right now the colours are very clashing, and it looks more like a landscape that would be used in an old 2d game, but with 3d models and textures with many different colours in it, it looks missplaced. You should try working something better out there. For example getting rid of the sunken ruins tile in your orc base would help.

Level 13
I had to relealize that 2D arts are not one of specialties, so I removed my blue citystructure skin. Now I use a more famous one.

Here are some new screenshots from the alliance base.

Left spawn point

Middle spawn point

Right spawn point

Hero revive and buy zone

Due to the fact that I have no ideas for the new horde base, I will concentrate more on the lanes for the next few weeks. This is how they will look like.

Left Lane

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.