• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Amigurumi's Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigurumi's Terrain Showcase

v 1.01

Mist Island

Mist Island is my side project, which consist mainly of terrain work.
I'm not 100% sure, what the gameplay/story will be, but I first do the terrain.
I know, most of the rocks look ugly, but on a top view, they look better,
and you are going to play with a view from the top.

attachment.php

Zombie Hunter Terrains

My cinematic I'm currently working on. It's about a small city, where
zombies come every night. There is one man who really wants to do
something against those zombies. The other villagers, think, that they
can live with that, when they hide in their houses, every night.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Random Terrains

These are my terrains, made without any purpose.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 508
  • Random Terrain01.jpg
    Random Terrain01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 484
  • ZHT01.jpg
    ZHT01.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 476
  • ZHT02.jpg
    ZHT02.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 463
  • ZHT03.jpg
    ZHT03.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 463
  • TerrainSkillTestWIP3.jpg
    TerrainSkillTestWIP3.jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Level 14
K, well the terrains are cool but the palm tree on the left in the second picture looks odd maybe if we could see it better? and the waterfall looks pretty weird seeing as how the water just kinda falls from no where into no where. what i would suggest for the first one is maybe a different rock and instead of using global weather use regions around the little cave and then give them the ashenvale light rain and put some props like a cage, fire pit, and some boxes inside the cave. maybe even an elven altar or naga altar, w.e you want. I think the best ones are the zombie ones especially like the open yet crowdedness of the last one. keep it up!

1. well that's the wrap of the palm tree I think. Old terrain :)
2. well it's not a cave. there are two stone pillars, where a big stone lies ontop of them.
so you can go under it, and on the other side out of it...
3. yeah, rocks look bad, I made them in a hurry, fitting to a mist island theme.
I will redo them I think.
4. thanks :)

Level 9
I like something in Zombie hunter ones, and I'm really confused, because there's not much to like. Perhaps it's lucky combination of smaller unnoticeable factors.

What you really should do, is *roars* DESTRRRRRRROOOOY!!! those damn houses you have there. They are... Flat. Way too flat. Coloured bricks, no more. Even the one in UTM ([framework]) are way better. Keep up with barricades (you can add barrels and crates, broken and empty to them).

They look good - though the deer model was never truly to be seen that close up, it's so stretched and odd looking. Here's the only deer model on THW, and I don't think it would fit well but just figured Id show you it anyways for further deer exploits.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/blackstagmale-47634/?prev=search%3Ddeer%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Also I've never seen a Purple deer in my life, and I've seen plenty of deer (never understood why Bliz has an obsession with purpleish deer)

Level 17
Nice thread design.

A lot of horribly stretched textures, but I suppose those aren't entirely your fault.
Weird angles for those first two zombie pictures, I wasn't really sure what I was looking at, at first.

Overall, pretty good.

Nono don't get me wrong :p I'm not mad at all.
okay, I just wanted to be sure, because there are sometimes some odd guys out
here, who are taking this serious like hell. Good you aren't one of those :)

They look good - though the deer model was never truly to be seen that close up, it's so stretched and odd looking. Here's the only deer model on THW, and I don't think it would fit well but just figured Id show you it anyways for further deer exploits.

BlackStagMale

Also I've never seen a Purple deer in my life, and I've seen plenty of deer (never understood why Bliz has an obsession with purpleish deer)
yes, that's true, I also dislike this deer model.
but I tried with different animals, and each of them didn't fit into the scene.
maybe, if I can find the map, I try to fix this deer problem ;)

A lot of horribly stretched textures, but I suppose those aren't entirely your fault.
well, it IS my fault D: . I first wanted to make some rocks, to fit my mist theme.
but the when I looked at the terrain I made, I wanted to use the map more for
terrain reasons. And I already placed those rocks everywhere, and it would be a lot of
work to make a high quality one, and replacing all those.

thanks for your comments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.