• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warp-Walk 1.0.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi!

This is my first upload!

I created a Spell that teleports an unit to an random angle (+- 45°) out of his normal move -line. It is an passive ability, so dont try to click it :)

Why should s.o. use this? Well if you want to create a possibilty to evade an arty shot!

Further important info:

-33% if your unit is walking(45°+-)
-50% if your unit is attacked and walking away (directly in move-line)
-if you want to climb up cliffs, but target point of movement must be in range of 400 from triggering unit.

give credits if u use it in your map, thx!

FIXED:

- MUI works now!
- Trigger depends now on Ability Warp-Walk
- Leaks removed! Thx for comment - Forgot it :)

Keywords:
Teleport, Warp, Evade, Jump, Climb
Contents

Spell Warp Walk 1.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 10:30, 31st May 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: You got some leaks here. Set EW_Points[1] = ((Position of (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash)) offset by (Random real number between 225.00 and...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

10:30, 31st May 2010
The_Reborn_Devil:

You got some leaks here.
  • Set EW_Points[1] = ((Position of (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash)) offset by (Random real number between 225.00 and 255.00) towards ((Facing of (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash)) + 45.00) degrees)
The location Position of (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash) should be stored in a variable and then destroyed. You got several of these. You also got a leak here:
  • (Terrain cliff level at EW_Points[1]) Equal to (Terrain cliff level at (Position of (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash)))
And why do you use a region here:
  • (Terrain cliff level at (Center of (Region centered at (Load EW_int of 0 in EW_Hash) with size (1.00 1.00)))) Not equal to (Terrain cliff level at (Position of (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash)))
When you could just use the location directly.

Rating: N/A

PM me or another mod once you've updated this to get it reviewed again. Have a nice day!

Level 9
this is not MUI it works only for one unit per player, per instance(0.8-1 seconds)
also i think the hashtables are not needet, arrais would have done the same job.

i gues noone would recognize its not mui ingame because u dont see if a unit doesnt warp :D
but rules say it has to be MUI.

also the hashtable clearing stuff and and the attacked unit stuff is not correct, because it checks the unittype.
they should check if the unit has that warp-walk ability

Fairly simple;

• All of these Center of's leak. You need to store them inside a variable then destroy them. Anything that looks like the two actions below need to be fixed.
    • Unit - Move (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash) instantly to (Center of (Region centered at EW_Points[1] with size (1.00, 1.00)))
    • Unit - Order (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash) to Move To (Center of (Region centered at (Load EW_int of 0 in EW_Hash) with size (1.00, 1.00)))
  • Thats all I really have, the code is fairly short and only has a few leaks which I mentioned above.

Level 12
Fairly simple;

• All of these Center of's leak. You need to store them inside a variable then destroy them. Anything that looks like the two actions below need to be fixed.
    • Unit - Move (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash) instantly to (Center of (Region centered at EW_Points[1] with size (1.00, 1.00)))
    • Unit - Order (Load EW_int of 3 in EW_Hash) to Move To (Center of (Region centered at (Load EW_int of 0 in EW_Hash) with size (1.00, 1.00)))
  • Thats all I really have, the code is fairly short and only has a few leaks which I mentioned above.

pointed