1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Time Warp - Revisited

Submitted by Bribe
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Basic idea by teuncreemers. Inspired by writing complex 2-D arrays, I made Time Warp a group spell by using 2D arrays within a hashtable. This spell is fully-MUI and heavily bug-proofed.

Launch this spell on a target area and you have them right where you want them! Units that attempt to flee will be attacked by the magic of the portal; units that stick around are at your mercy... there is no escape!

Video

A fleet of inter-dimensional banshees haunt the targets in a select area until the link collapses, thrusting each victim back through time, retracing their steps.

Magic lasts longer and has higher Area of Effect at each level.

Credits:
- Berb for Projectile, Knockback Lite
- Grim001 for AutoIndex and AutoEvents
- Anitarf for Vector

Spell requires Warcraft 3 patch 1.30, extensive modification for Projectile (to use Effect type instead of Unit) and slight modification for AutoIndex (player count increase) and Vector (replace null return value with 0).

Keywords:
Time, warp, travel, system, machine, original, spell, bribe, teuncreemers, vjass, Zinc, fun, high, performance, versatile, youtube
Contents

Time Warp (Map)

Reviews
11:11, 26th May 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: The coding looks very good and it's well documented. Many constants which allow users to change it too. The effects are neat as well. Status: Approved Rating: Highly Recommended
  1. Lambdadelta

Lambdadelta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok. The movement still is messy as you order stop order in callback.

Also, you may want to list JassHelper [0.A.2.B] as a requirement. Since you comment in the line, anything under will cause fail.

2. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Spell/map have been updated to 1.04. I think I've applied pretty much all the changes you guys requested, I have to say I didn't know about static if's so for suggesting that, thanks a lot!

Purge, I tried using that but JassHelper is not recognizing != and ==

3. Lambdadelta

Lambdadelta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Linking to the JassHelper thread is useful, in fact, linking to any required resource is usually the case.

Also, about the Forced Return Subskill, I think it is better if you add it once the hero learns it rather then having it instantly, and it's convenient slightly for the user to have it in the button position [1,1], so it doesn't take up the other skill's spot.

If target's level of 'Return' is 0, then add it [when they learn it].

4. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Ok, the map has been updated with that change, and so has the code, and the configuration layout should now be insanely easier to read.

5. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Cool, but I still think you should use a static if for each effect rather than a static USE_EFFECTS boolean. (you can still have that if you want though)

6. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks, yeah, actually I originally planned to do that but the configuration used to look terrible until I used Berbanog's layout :p

Now I can do it without any real problems. Actually, almost all of the suggestions I've so far received were ideas that I already thought of implementing but wasn't sure if it was needed (like the fade effect and the return-position).

7. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    OK, made those changes. I dare to say I am satisfied with this version :p

8. pick-a-chew

pick-a-chew

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahaha i love the spell forums for this!

Well it works for me, and that's all i need to know.

9. Itachi009

Itachi009

Resources:
    Resources:
    holy macaroni thats the sweetest spell since a long time...
    code is clean and efficient and spell is eye-candy

one suggestion would be: when the units fly back, make something with them so they look like time travelers (for example color them black like in dota, or let them fade for about 50%)

5/5

EDIT: and GetTimerData(t) does 100% the same like LoadInteger(table,GetHandleId(t),0)

10. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks. I can set the Vertex Color of the units, but I'm not sure what you mean by "make something with them"?

11. Itachi009

Itachi009

Resources:
    Resources:
    i meant: for example hide them, fade them, color them or something else when they fly back so its really seeable that the units are thrown back in time.
    but that was just an suggestion^^ its your spell

12. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just remember that vertex coloring isn't that friendly due to differentiating original vertex colorings. (Which basically means, not all units have (255,255,255) default RGB values) Well, unless you do some GMSI script.

13. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    "Spell" has been update to 2.0. It is now a system :)

Added a new video/screenshot.

14. Prince.Zero

Prince.Zero

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    For the first
    It doesn't matter what the name is as long as its private

it can be :

Code (vJASS):
    private struct g
       unit u
       static method create takes unit u returns thistype
           local thistype this = thistype.allocate()
           set this.u = u
           return this
       endmethod
    endstruct

For the 2nd

Depends on what code it runs.
    if it sets a variable to smth or move a unit to x,y its not big deal
    if it enums a group its heavy

For the 3rd
    i think you just hate the guy. This spell is neat. I may use it someday.

Well done bribe
    Kudos from me :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  15. x3GlikE

x3GlikE

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm going to test it tom not at home now ><!

16. peachypenguin

peachypenguin

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would be nice of you to make a simpler video of you using the spell once, because i'm having trouble understanding what is actually happening. I don't have time right now to download it, that's why i'm a bit picky. Just a thought.

Looks pretty cool though!

17. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah, about the video, as you can see my FPS is very low when I'm recording. I would be indebted to anyone who made a HQ video of this spell in action. (The current spell is WAY cooler than the one in the video).

18. LostFlip

LostFlip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cant understand how it deals damage.

19. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The damage is like this: if a unit gets out of (approximately) 240.0 range of where he was standing when the spell hit him, the missile bounces from the origin to the unit, dealing the damage each time it hits the unit, then returns for more. The further away he is from the origin, the more time the missile needs to hit him, effectively dealing less damage. The closer he is (but not within 240. range) to the origin, the more damage will be done only because the missile doesn't need so much time to bounce back and forth.

I'm going to be making an update soon to the Retro Library, so I'll be sure to update the description of this spell, too, with that info.

Thanks for the tip!

20. Warcraft_Tester

Warcraft_Tester

Resources:
    Resources:
    This model is very useful for a furture map, I'll rate 100/5 for tis spell if it works.

Man is it me or is there two banana's having a party on my avatar.