• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlock 1.01b

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Warlock

by Zymoran and Adynathos

Dota 2 Warlock

Warlock's successor can now be played in Dota 2!
Play now | Details | Steam group

Community

If you want to be a part of Warlock and its community, head over to WarlockBrawl.com, where you can discuss updates, post suggestions and report bugs.

RGC

You can find Warlock games to play on RGC, a Warcraft III client. It supports stats-tracking ladder (ranked games) in Warlock (and DotA), which will record your stats on the ladder leaderboard.

Videos

Use the tabs to switch between videos.

099 Promo

Rare Cases

Mad Skills

Scourge Unlimited

by Sleek
by Nikosar
by Sleek
by KoliS

Screenshots

Click for full size.

Changelog

A small maintenance update.

Changes:
- Updated titles/tokens for tournament winners!
- Changed name of Phantasm to Arc
- It is now possible to to toggle Arc between clockwise and counterclockwise
- Fixed a visual bug where suicide would not show any death effect
- Fixed a potential desync issue
- Improved visuals on Arc and Bouncer Recharge
- Made of Money death effect is now the only cosmetic that can be purchased without any tokens (costs 1 gold)

Keywords:
Warlock, warlock, brawl, warlock brawl, Warlock Brawl, warlock, Warlock, warlock, Zymoran, Demestotenes, Adynathos, PvP, arena, warlock, Warlock
Contents

Warlock 1.01b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/29 22:50:45 Comment: [Approved] After 4 years in development Warlock has definitely improved and thus deserves a higher rating - Rating changed from [4/5] to [5/5]. Resource Moderation - Rules 12:32...
Level 1
I just wish that this map featured AI, but it's just not possible..
For all those who would want AI unless you're or know a very dedicated who would want to make one for warlock contact Zymoran. Otherwise it won't happen because of the complexity of such an AI.

Level 3
The Hotkey for phoenix skill description says : C , but the real hotkey is R
When i want to buy phoenix skill and use it , i keep pressing C just like in the description but no wonder it doesn't work , the hotkey for thrust is R in the description , but the hotkey for phoenix in description shows C , pls change it .

Pls Fix this thing as soon as possible http://www.warlockbrawl.com/index.php/forum/7-bug-reports/119-sword-sell

Last edited:
Level 1
The Hotkey for phoenix skill description says : C , but the real hotkey is R
When i want to buy phoenix skill and use it , i keep pressing C just like in the description but no wonder it doesn't work , the hotkey for thrust is R in the description , but the hotkey for phoenix in description shows C , pls change it
If you want to ask for changes go to http://www.warlockbrawl.com/index.php/forum/index

Level 1
Command list where ... ? I don't understand why you have to restrict the commands to word of mouth. How was I meant to know -league existed if it's not in F9 nor in the map ini text?

The only posts I can find are changelogs ... no idea how to use the Terrain Editor, no idea how many features I'm missing out on either.

Basically, the map's got everything difficult done, but everything (and that's not a lot left) easy, are not done. The 'General Discussion' forum in your forums is where change logs are posted ... err?

I'm not being an ass, just criticizing. Am I being constructive? You tell me.

A sad panda Warlock fan.

Level 1
Command list where ... ? I don't understand why you have to restrict the commands to word of mouth. How was I meant to know -league existed if it's not in F9 nor in the map ini text?

The only posts I can find are changelogs ... no idea how to use the Terrain Editor, no idea how many features I'm missing out on either.

Basically, the map's got everything difficult done, but everything (and that's not a lot left) easy, are not done. The 'General Discussion' forum in your forums is where change logs are posted ... err?

I'm not being an ass, just criticizing. Am I being constructive? You tell me.

A sad panda Warlock fan.
New version make it easier to choose modes for new players.

Level 7
Thanks to those involved in the update of map description/review.

Those who may have suggestions/feedback for the map should post it on www.warlockbrawl.com. Warlock will actively be updated based on community suggestions and feedback.

I heard something about game based on this map ? Any news ?
There have been two major stand-alone warlock projects.

The first Warlock project (by wizzler) was cancelled at alpha stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nay80npOig

The second project is currently active and is being run by Jakob. I can't make any further announcements on this right now, except that it hasn't reached the alpha stage yet.

Level 6
This map is the most awesome custom map on WC3!! :D
The new version "099" got lots of new features including new warlock models with unique scourge abilities(scourge is a default spell which all warlocks have from start, hotkey "F"), new spell toggles, a simplified way of choosing game modes and much more

The new version got lots of new features which are being balanced and "fixed", but next version is allready in progress and it might just have some more cool surprises, so stay tuned ;)

This map is highly reccomended, it's still got an active community which you can get a hold off here: http://www.warlockbrawl.com/ it's also reccomended that you post all suggestions and bug reports etc. on that forum
[5/5]

Last edited:
Level 4
Warlock has always been a long standing favorite map that I like to play.

I have one question though: Have you folks ever considered disguising the patrol command as the fireball spell and the hold position command as the scourge spell? It would be a very easy way to get an extra 2 button slots for new spells.

Level 7
It is my impression that Warlock is already complicated enough with fully equipped spell slots.
We want warlock to be balanced (thus making the game competitive). More spells could end up compromising this aspect.
Besides, we already use H (hold position) for allied link deny, and patrol has practical purposes. S (stop) is commonly used for fake-cast.

Also, there might be technical complications on why it may not even be possible.

Level 6
^That is probably because your favourite combo is the most annoying combo out there :p It's all about getting that link to hit, requires very little skill, but is able to kill someone in one hit...it is not reccommended to play like that against pros, you will get first blooded :p

Level 8
this is one of my favorite maps too
Are you going to make any different modes in the future?
like players vs computer bosses or players vs zombies

some other ideas:
-summoning spells
-random item spawns: 1-2 random items spawn on the ground per round and are removed after the round ends. Items could be like throwable stuff, small HP potions, ability items, runes, etc..
-every 5 rounds a special arena is generated. Instead of a circle surrounded with lava you could have like a spiral, islands, etc..
-set the default gold a bit higher

Level 7
this is one of my favorite maps too
Are you going to make any different modes in the future?
like players vs computer bosses or players vs zombies

some other ideas:
-summoning spells
-random item spawns: 1-2 random items spawn on the ground per round and are removed after the round ends. Items could be like throwable stuff, small HP potions, ability items, runes, etc..
-every 5 rounds a special arena is generated. Instead of a circle surrounded with lava you could have like a spiral, islands, etc..
-set the default gold a bit higher
Engine limitations prevents us from adding excessive amount of objects - it is therefore not possible to make any kind of 'survival' / 'player versus invaders' kind of mode. However, this has been up for discussion in the stand-alone version of Warlock currently being developed.
I do, however, intend to implement a new mode (which will NOT include any AI objects).

As for your other suggestions:
- We generally avoid making AI's, as an AI cannot truly be considered a competitive opponent.
- We avoid making random-events of any kind. Nothing in Warlock is random (other than environment-based features).
- Item based abilities and consumables are not considered as viable features in Warlock, since the hotkeys of these are located on numpad.
- We already have some peculiar platforms, e.g. square and circle 'donut' (see host settings). However, the default circle arena is considered the most competitive.
- The gold is set so players cannot purchase multiple spells at the first round. The current gold settings is considered viable for competitive play, but feel free to suggest otherwise on our forum.
www.WarlockBrawl.com

Level 2
Awesome, unique and Fun map.
Alot of possibilities and great competetion.
Good balancing and nice spells.

I only wish there were a some more model/skins to the characters.

Some items needs some rework to balance the map better.

Otherwise great map 4/5

Level 11
hiho,

do you have any plans to escape from the silly borders of the Warcraft III engine by making this game stand alone with another engine like Unity3d or a self coded engine?

I think it could be made with a little team of developers as there are not so many graphical details required for this game. =)

This map could be even more popular if grounded on a newer engine!

Robbepop

Level 4
However, this has been up for discussion in the stand-alone version of Warlock currently being developed.

Seems like something is in the making. The last words are up to Zymoran though.

Level 10
I didnt tested this last version, but i noticed something i previous version....

Maybe i am wrong, but did you changed speed of Homing Missile? Speed when you launch missile or anything?? I know that you changed missile model, but did you changed any other thing?.....becouse it looks more powerful than before....Before spell was looking balanced to me, but now.....maybe to strong for so noobish spell.....It look like now players pick this spell more than lightning or Boomerang......

I will test this last ver later.....Btw great map guys, one of best on wc3... 5/5

Level 6
hiho,

do you have any plans to escape from the silly borders of the Warcraft III engine by making this game stand alone with another engine like Unity3d or a self coded engine?

I think it could be made with a little team of developers as there are not so many graphical details required for this game. =)

Robbepop
a standalone is being developed in udk

Level 7
actually my point was why did you suddenly want to improve so much protections, after the removal of hardcore protections previously?
it was rather the amount of protections Zymoran added in compared to the amount of gameplay that was updated in 099c :3
The MPQ map protections have been removed because Mac users would otherwise have problems playing the map.
When that being said, Warlock is still considered one of the best protected Warlock maps.

i've seen a crushing-wave like spell wich freezes the warlock when it hits him, i cant find this spell ingame? was it removed?
Freeze was removed long time ago because it was overpowered and impossible to balance.
We decided not to have any spells which completely disables the control of the Warlock.

How about AI?
It is extremely complicated to make a proper Warlock AI, and it will therefore not be done.
If you wish test dummies, you can write "-test" in setup and "-bot 1", "-bot 2" ... for each dummy

ToraxXx is currently developing an almost exact replica of the WC3 warlock map in UDK.
We have some pre-alpha footage on our forums.

Level 7
what does "New two-spell combo: Lightning + Magma" this mean? can i combine spells? if yes, how can i do?
Warlock has many 'special combos' which implies two or more spells to be used together in a special way to create a special event.
For instance, you can shoot lightning on fireballs to trigger an explosion.
This new combo works by lightning electrifying the magma missile. This electrified magma will launch a lightning when ending its range.

and what is this crushing-wave - freezing spell? i cant find this spell ingame o_O? was it removed?
Freeze was removed years ago.
We cannot accept spells which disables both movement and spell cast capabilities. 'Stun spells' are not a part of Warlock.