• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: The Third War ORPG Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey everyone, so i am working on this new project called Warcraft: The Third War ORPG; if anyone has played WoW Reborn, it will be a similar game by the fact that the actual world of warcraft (the continents) will be used but the game will be situated into the Third War timeline, focused on both PVP and PVE.
Features:

-Killable faction leaders and city guards
-Outdoor Bosses, Dungeons and major end-game content
-So far, officially featuring Kalimdor (lvl 1-12), Eastern Kingdoms (lvl 1-12) and Northrend (lvl 20+) **will add Outland as a 10+ zone if i have enough space, if not i will re-arrange lvl ranges**
-Official Dungeons so far: Blackrock Spire (lvl 15+), Molten Core (lvl 25+) (wanting to add Dungeons of Dalaran as a Alliance-exclusive dungeon but I can't think of a Horde-exclusive dungeon)
-Alliance Cities: Lordaeron, Silvermoon, Ironforge, Dalaran
-Horde Cities: Orgrimmar, Echo Isles
-Neutral City: Booty Bay
-Game will be played 5 on 5 (10 players max, preferable to have 5 to do end game content)

**I'll provie you guys with screenshots of Eastern Kingdoms and BLackrock Spire tomorrow, promise**

Now, I really want to make the game as epic as possible in terms of hero play content so i was wondering if you guys had any ideas for hero classes, especially for horde, that would be special/original/out of the box, im opened to all ideas. So far, here is what I have:

Alliance: Human Soldier, Human Paladin, Dwarf Warrior, Night Elf Druid, Night Elf Demon Hunter, Night Elf Archer, Elven Frost Mage, Elven Fire Mage, Elven Priest, Elven Beastmaster, Elven Paladin

Horde: Orc Soldier, Orc Blademaster, Orc Shaman, Orc Warlock, Orc Beastmaster, Troll Shadow Hunter, Troll Priest, Tauren Warrior, Tauren Druid, Ogre Mage

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Iknow Night Elves and Humans weren't officially allied during the third war, but for the sake of PVP i allied em, same thing for putting Orgrimmar for Horde so they would have a capital

Level 1
Anyone would have a few ideas ? I know it's not as interesting as a map ready to test but i really could use some of your inspiration guys for hero class ideas, that's all I'd need really

and for those who spit of this project thinking its just another WoW-wanna-be-copy, well it's far from being a WoW copy and you'll see when i release alpha soon enough

Level 8
Well I think the fact is there's many of these maps already out there, and released and many that were tried to be made and failed, so people may be a bit disillusioned, but this should not put you off, rather motive you to make this original. I'd suggest making heroes fun, and cool, maybe items change the way they look. It would be nice for you hero to be able to pick the spells he gets rather then get pre-set spells. If there's two sides, small missions like raiding trade caravens and ambushing merchants to hinder the enemy capibilities would be pretty cool, so you could starve enemy forts which would give the guards in that region some negative buffs, making taking it over for your side easier. Because this is Third War, have you considered making Humans & Orcs allies against the Burning Legion and their allies? Rather then another Orcs v. Humans you could perhaps make Humans, Orcs, Night Elves, High Elves, Dwarves, Jungle Trolls, Dark Trolls, Furblogs, Ogres and Goblins all on the side team against the Burning Legion and the Undead. That way the map could be set only in Kalimdor, making it bigger and better for a ORPG, while staying true to warcraft lore and not just being "Another ORPG" map.

Hope these ideas helped, and good luck with your map regardless of if you follow this or not.

Level 1
Well I've made sure to make each hero unique in terms of gameplay so everytime a player will try a new hero, he will enjoy a diffrent gameplay experience. I've made some heroes slightly more focused on pvp and some on pve, but all heroes can do both dungeons and perform in the PVP aspect of the game. I'm trying to stay as true to the lore as possible with the dungeons and quests. What will be interesting and diffrent from ''the other WoW maps'' is that the terrain was really shapped to be like the pre-third war; so alliance will be able to enjoy travelling in three major cities the WoW lore doesn't allow, those cities being Lordaeron, Silvermoon and Dalaran; alliance will also have an end-game base camp on the shores of Northrend, where they can complete higher level quests (featuring Muradin Bronzebeard). Horde is a little bit more complicated to do but I'll manage to make it original.

Also, i like the idea of putting all races on the same side but i really want competition between the two factions (and i will make it worth it with PVP quests and rewards being buffs (good idea) and unique items)

But hey, I've been putting a lot of hours into this project and i still will. I'm a passionated warcraft fan n ill make sure to make it as realistiic as possible. I'm not focusing on having skins/models but rather focus on the gameplan and game content. The game will feature a lot of fun dungeons sticking to the Warcraft 3 Lore, some being multi-bosses dungeons that will take a little more time to complete while some will be original one-boss encounters (not to mention the many outdoor bosses killable for quest rewards). Players will also be able to obtain rare and unique items to their factions by killing the opposite faction players (and leaders), as well as collecting items from specific creatures to create one great item.

I know i promised screenshots but I've been really busy but I'll make sure to provide you with some eye candy very soon.

Level 11
The hard thing about making ORPGs with factions is that its hard to get a game where 5 players have a saved Hero for one faction and 5 others have for the other faction. And even if most wont play a full house (some might just want to get 5 people to do end-game content) it will be hard to get 5 people who have Heroes of the right faction. Just because the fact is that there are not alot of people playing Wc3, however, like posts above, let this motivate you to make a great map instead which many people will play to counter this negative side of factions :)

Good luck with this project, I will try it out if it is finnished :)

Status
Not open for further replies.