1. The mythological era has spawned some interesting characters around. Check them out and be sure to vote for them in the 30th Poll of the Texturing Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans REMAKE

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LordPerenoldeII, Jan 7, 2010.

1. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a project i started to work 5 years ago. It took about 3 years to be complete and it's hence ready by 2 years. I got personal problems that kept me away from sharing it but here i am at last.

As the name says, this is a pure remake of what the glorious Warcraft: Orcs & Humans used to be and is. For all of those who would like to play back Wc1 with the style, the graphic and the interface of Wc3.

Download here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warcraft-humans-157714/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warcraft-orcs-157703/

Features:
    - Dual Single Player campaign: Play as Orcs or Humans and unveil their respective plots in 12 missions of real old Warcraft atmosphere.
    - Old original warcraft music brought back and plaid stage by stage as the original soundtrack order was set.
    - Old spells recreated. From the Necrolytes' "Unholy Armor" to the knee-dropping Warlocks' "Cloud of Poison".
    - Accurate remake of the old levels' geography. Every single corner of all maps has been pasted to the wc3 engine!
    - Artificial Intelligence perfectly re-created comparing the old ones. You'll incredibly feel exactly like playing against the original AI!
    - All old units recreated. Raiders, "imba" catapults, Spearmen, summoned units and more!!
    - Every units' stats same as how they were in the old game: from the "Crystal-fragility" of the Skeletons to the "Tank-resistance" of the Daemons.
    - Intro briefings displayed as in-mission cinematics that will display a brief preview of your forces and some of the enemy.
    - New plot explanations. Indoor stages have the addition of a longer intro-briefing displaying interesting(non-canon) chat between characters. Also, hit the "mission objective" button in each mission to read more curiosities about the storyline.

.....and more.

Thanks to ALL of the authors from whom i took models by:
    MC!
    Olofoleman
    Callahan
    Darklord_Avalon
    Mechanical Man
    Dan Van Ohllus
    Alreadyused
    Urkdrengi
    Phoenix-IV
    GreyArchon
    Syroco
    General Frank
    low_kwaliti
    Happy Tauren
    ChevronSeven
    BlackrockClan
    Blizzard Entertainment
    evilwart-dragon
    WD40bomber7

.....plus other authors whom i miss the name(their models aren't no more found anywhere :( )

Whenever there's something new to add in the project(you can also co-operate with suggestions alongside you feedbacks), the campaigns will be updated every monday.

Here are some in-game screenshots next to their relative comparisons with the original game:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

And to the bottom you can see more screenshots of a general view:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    So.. Any download link?

3. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Download link of each 3 missions DEMO-CAMPAIGN will be put-up in the main post soon.

4. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You need a road system like wc1's.

5. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To be honest, i never managed to accomplish that. However, there's a trigger that does not allow you to build too far from your "starting point", that mostly is your town hall. Town hall building buttons pops up when the structure get destroyed, as the old wc1 system did, but the "starting point" will stay where the town hall was. In other words, you can't build another town hall anywhere on the map by destroying yours first, since the starting point will stay always there.

6. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh well. You need to improve the terrain big time, I don't care how bland it looked in warcraft 1.

7. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sweet idea, atm I think it lacks good terrain and the dark atmosphere (bloodthirsty orcs, fierce looking humans). Good luck with it, if you need feedback, you can ask me.

8. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what do you mean by "fierce"? And what do you mean by "bloodthirsty"?

P.S. since the download link heads up into A.C. section, i ask gently to the staff if they may take here those files since i can no more do it.

9. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , in warcraft 1, in potraits of human units, the units look angry/serious and fierce http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/original/2008/12/Special_Warcraft_1_Warcraft_Orcs_and_Humans_1994.jpg and here a human peasant http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s4yaF0W2Dis/SOW_LbIf6dI/AAAAAAAAIHw/odSLRHDv_0Q/s400/warcraft-pc-game-dos-dosbox-1.JPG who looks pissed off. The orcs in Wcr1 had blood coming out of there eyes. Now warcraft 3: peasant http://classic.battle.net/war3/human/units/peasant.shtml.

10. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know that but what you want from me? This is Wc3 interface, not wc1 ones. And besides, christmas was last month, not this one. I'm not a model/skin editor/maker. Every person i gave this proj before(by spamming on youtube) didn't complain about anything. They knew what was wc1, they knew what they would have plaid.

@ Linaze: If you know a way to build roads BY the Town hall, be my guest and show me how to.

@ Spectre: If you know where i can find those "fierce-looking" portraits, show me. If you don't fence up your village in time on advanced missions, when group of Raiders/Grunts will overwhelm you, you'll shall then call them "bloodthirsty"!

I can understand the terrain matter, but for the rest you guys seem a bit pretentious from my point of view. A bit of respect for who worked on a project ALONE for 3 years. Please.

11. Snarewave

Snarewave

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im seeing lotta potential.

12. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My recent-most comment was about the terrain, not about the lack of road system.

13. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for my outburst. Didn't meant to flame.

Anyway, DEMO-CAMPAIGNS have been uploaded in the top post. Enjoy this little demo.
    It's not all i've got to show. Be it clear. ;) The complete version is hundred times funnier, i can tell you.

14. signoftheend

signoftheend

Resources:
    Resources:
    Funnier, or "funner"? Which, actually now that I think about it, isn't a real word...:slp:

Because funny Warcraft I doesn't really make much sense... I'm assuming you mean more fun :grin:

Anyway, when are you posting the full versions of the WCI campaigns?

15. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , I don't want anything of you, I only gave you a tip of how you can recreate warcraft 1's atmosphere better.

, than I just type: "Whoseyourdaddy", and yeah victory ;D! But now to go ontopic again, if you want some bloodthristy orc models, I can link you some if you want. Offtopic; do you know what the definition of "fierce" is?

16. Trilby

Trilby

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    EDITEDITEDIT: Nevermind D:

17. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, if you just look at the walking animations of every foot soldier in wc3, what kind of fierceness do you pretend to see? lol
    For how much of blood fights and for how much seriousness wc3 is composed of, always a "semi-cartoon" style graphic it will be. Sure, if you look at wolves, you see fierceness, if you look at knights, you also see fierceness. But footmen, peasants, peons....they're just raw meat, easily-disposable character that can't play a well-defined role in the story. Footmen may be fierce, but until a certain point. As Grunts do. You want fierceness? Look at the Raiders or at the Knights. However, i'm constantly searching for new stuff with which improve. There were good Raider skins, and besides i think i got a couple of them somewhere around...

Yeah, sorry for my little bit weird english xD. I meant "more fun" of course. :)

In a week ^^

18. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You really need to improve the terrain. And make those roads too.
    It is far from the picture to the right.

19. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Suggestions.....

I don't think so. Roads are the only thing that difference the two pics.

20. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Scheduled for monday the dual full campaign releasing.