• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft IV - The Edge of Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
As to why MD is releasing the client this early I have no idea.

MD, why are you doing that? Explain yourself. The people have demanded an answer.

Level 3
on the new client, i see a place for email and password, what is that for?

also, one bug is that whenever i open it, the default language is neatherland, i have to set it to english each time.
Please check if the file: "startup.isf" is in your directory, else start the application as Administrator, I'll check why Dutch is it's default language. Thank you for testing!

Probably to log in?
True

well yea, but what account?
do i use the account i signed up with from your old website or my battle.net account?
It's now not needed to put anything in it... Just press Enter Realm.

As to why MD is releasing the client this early I have no idea.

MD, why are you doing that? Explain yourself. The people have demanded an answer.
I had a promise to update this client often and had one last update promised last year, this time it's actually done. That's one reason. Plus, this would probably be the last version, and the last thing, I made for Brandon... I didn't want to agree with you, about the project being dead. But, yes, it is.

Level 3
Meanwhile at The Helper: Our music composer told me he stopped too. So, it is dying with only two active members... Too bad I have no contact info, nor the story board...

Level 8
MusicDemon we need to get into contact very soon, I think instead of using MSN we should use email. I'm sorry for the major delays and mishaps, it's just that the stupid timezones makes it so difficult to get into contact with you. Please don't give up, your help is as always much appreciated. You're talented, skilled, and above all commited. I've been very busy lately, but I don't have any intention to let this die. The team has around 5 active members by the way, much more than I've honestly been able to show you. :(

The website looks great, but I also intend to pay Nevo for the website. Don't worry. Again, thank you, just hang in there! Send me an email.

Level 10
oh yea, so i was making a sandwich and all of a sudden i thought, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to have the map to be shown on the loading screen?"
so i was thinking, what if in melee maps, you have the loading screen be a beautiful picture of the map, then at the corner have a minimap of the map's terrain when taken from a birds eye of the whole map?

Level 8
oh yea, so i was making a sandwich and all of a sudden i thought, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to have the map to be shown on the loading screen?"
so i was thinking, what if in melee maps, you have the loading screen be a beautiful picture of the map, then at the corner have a minimap of the map's terrain when taken from a birds eye of the whole map?

That's actually what we're already doing, however, the beautiful picture would be a fully drawn concept art by our talented artists :)

Level 10
nice, oh yea, nobody ever answered this question:
Since the undead will have a new building style(way buildings are built), then will any other races have it too?
Like i was thinking, if a human builds like a guard tower, mabey the peasent will be controling tphe tower(so the peasent cannot be used since he is manning the tower's ballista)

Level 8
Yes we are still very much alive. Yesterday, for the first time in ages, all members of the team gathered together and discussed the progress of the mod. This is a very rare occurrence because of each team-member's time zone, but we've really been pushing for overall team activity lately. So we create an IRC, and it has become the perfect solution. I would really love to show you what we've done. However, I just have to get this one assignment out of my way and then I'll have time to create an official article of our progress. I can say there will be at least 20-30 new concept arts, and 5 new model previews. Possibly some music, and an update to the Client.

Level 21
Good to see the project is alive still, and will you guys be able to give out your project models/skins to the locals?
Just asking this, because just a little curious if you would or not.
Its fine either way.

Level 3
No, we're not sharing the models to anyone, as far as I know.

@Everyone waiting for an update: Please wait, we're back on track, it will come.

Level 8
On post release we may make a small pack of models for public use, but most models will not be shared. There's no particular reason, we just want the models to stay unique to the mod so people recognize them as the "Warcraft 4" models rather than something publicly used in every single map.

Level 20
Just to clear-up... Models, we mean the MDX files... Etc. And again, as I understood, it's unshared to anyone

Same wavelength. :p

On post release we may make a small pack of models for public use, but most models will not be shared. There's no particular reason, we just want the models to stay unique to the mod so people recognize them as the "Warcraft 4" models rather than something publicly used in every single map.

Shame, but I do see where your coming from =)

Level 3
Umm, when are you releasing that media update you promised us a week ago?

Someone in our team has some personal issues. Therefore we're not able to release some information right away.

Please respect this, personal things have a higher priority than spare time projects.

Level 5
Hmm, I'm still alive people and am CEO of Zeusoft.
Code:
OT: MD ZeuAPP is going great! More than 2,400.000  downloads since January of 2010.
Plus I can provide you website and forum.

Level 21
Don't know what the hell he said, and people can view things like whatever they want. LOL....

Well anyway, would be nice to see previews of the project though.

Status
Not open for further replies.