• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged PTR – Version 1.33.0.19010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
WARCRAFT 3 PTR PATCH 1.33.0 UPDATE

Blizzard just released PTR Build 1.33.0.19010. Here is their changelog:

Blizzard said:
And we’re done!

With the new PTR build that is now available for testing:

• Improved !Stats functionality to show the following [Battletag#1111] W:x L:x MMMR:x
  • Typing in “!stats” will now show your current stats.
  • Custom Games are now global and can now be filtered by ping from all regions.
  • Camera Zoom option is now added into the game.
    • Players can now update their zoom through their wheel up or wheel down or using PGUP and PGDN on the keyboard.
  • New slider option in the game menu which will set your camera height at the start of the game. Players also have the option to adjust it higher or lower as they choose via mouse wheel or keyboard.
  • Fixed an issue with music not playing in the game.
  • Various localization and layout fixes in different locales.
  • Leaderboards has been updated with a friends filter.
  • Your account in the leaderboard will now be highlighted with a gold bar.
  • Player profiles have been updated to include more match history data.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not access campaign portraits from the player profile.
  • Added an error message in the editor for Players that that have custom fx baked on an older version of popcorn.
Looking ahead, we expect to close the PTR on July 18. Thereafter, we will do additional internal-only testing before the final release of the patch.

These look like really cool features. I am impressed. But I am still concerned they have not gotten the message from my recent conversation with Grubby. They did mention one single editor related thing [...] Added an error message in the editor [...]. On the other hand. They said that now they will start testing it. Perhaps every single modding related regression will be fixed now. But I do have my doubts.

Source

mlk-jr-05-1130x580.jpg

One day, i had a dream where all Wc3 players could enjoy the same server, where all players would be judged by their favorite game instead of what version they play. I had a dream where Wc3 shall be in a unique version, where all maps would never need to be adapted to fit all the previous ones. I had a dream where all wc3 players won't have to pick a side and to select a community, because they would be all gathered into one strong nation.
Yeah, repost of an old one

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Zoom feature. nice. They should add a trigger for map makers so they can disable it, in case it breaks their maps.
I guess currently, the workaround is to fix the camera with triggers, lock it to some unit or region, have a periodic event that keeps it on a specific height, distance etc. but that kills the possibility of using rotation through the specific keys if desired.

Level 25
Global custom games may be a pretty good feature. Depending on the time I play some regions have not many players. Restarting the game is annoying. Zoom should be a player or game option which can be disabled for maps since some maps rely on custom camera systems. Just do not break existing maps or the game or anything and please do not let this be the only patch for another year. You can do it Blizzard! We can feed one single developer in the basement!

Level 18
And what high resolution!
That's really lovely. If they plan a proper remaster (with models and all), that's a really great way to wash their sins.
Although, I hope they're not just Classic ladder rank icons.
These are probably going to be used for ranked portraits, there's about 25 of them, they probably know that people are playing in classic only and wanna let them use classic portraits and pretend HD doesn't exist, unlikely for them to redo everything

Level 25
Does anybody know for sure/with sources how many people are working on updating Reforged? Does Blizzard have any open positions for the classic games at the moment and why do they focus so much on the melee part instead of custom maps? Is the number of melee players much bigger than the number of custom maps players?!

Level 3
Wc3champions already did that, and pretty nicely imo, anyway, guess that it will help to notice if a game hosted on europe suddenly moves the server to US and has 200 ping before it starts.
I fear the price that we are going to pay for this. Private games and invites are still broken, and they worked before

~El

Level 17
Wc3champions already did that, and pretty nicely imo, anyway, guess that it will help to notice if a game hosted on europe suddenly moves the server to US and has 200 ping before it starts.
I fear the price that we are going to pay for this. Private games and invites are still broken, and they worked before
"And we’re done!"

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Patch 1.30 - forced 30GB and gay Reforged.
Patch 1.31 - introduced more bugs.
Patch 1.32 - introduced more bugs.
PTR Patch 1.33 - added new features that introduce more bugs.
Seriously, using mouse wheel for zoom is probably the stupidest idea for one simple reason:

IT ALREADY USES MOUSE WHEEL FOR CHANGING ANGLE OF ATTACK FOR THE CAMERA

Seriously, how can they make more features without previously checking if a certain keyboard mechanic is already being used? Whose brilliant brain, mastermind of a person thought this one out?
This patch needs 1 year of preparation at this point, otherwise if it goes live, then:
I am done.
You are done.
He/She/It is done.
We are done.
You are done.
They are done.

Last edited:
Patch 1.30 - forced 30GB and gay Reforged.
Patch 1.31 - introduced more bugs.
Patch 1.32 - introduced more bugs.
PTR Patch 1.33 - added new features that introduce more bugs.
Seriously, using mouse wheel for zoom is probably the stupidest idea for one simple reason:

IT ALREADY USES MOUSE WHEEL FOR CHANGING ANGLE OF ATTACK FOR THE CAMERA

Seriously, how can they make more features without previously checking if a certain keyboard mechanic is already being used? Whose brilliant brain, mastermind of a person thought this one out?
This patch needs 1 year of preparation at this point, otherwise if it goes live, then:
I am done.
You are done.
He/She/It is done.
We are done.
You are done.
They are done.
How can you insult someone else's intelligence/knowledge when you say that 1.30 had 30gb and "gay reforged"? 1.32 is the patch with Reforged graphics (HD mode) etc.

Your comment is unhelpful and unnecessarily incendiary. This patch needs one year of preparation for what?

Level 18
Does anybody know for sure/with sources how many people are working on updating Reforged? Does Blizzard have any open positions for the classic games at the moment and why do they focus so much on the melee part instead of custom maps? Is the number of melee players much bigger than the number of custom maps players?!

I wanted to check the credits and compare them via live vs PTR but as far as I could tell they were all the same, they haven't put the new team members or studio working on it

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
1.32 is the patch with Reforged graphics (HD mode) etc.
I already lost count at this point.
How can you insult someone else's intelligence/knowledge when you say that 1.30 had 30gb and "gay reforged"?
You mean this?
And we're done!
While the release of Reforged wasn't on employee's fault, due to the pressure, time and orders from their superiors, these have been dealt with already. I can tolerate bugs before Reforged and bugs on release of Reforged. That's not the worst issue. The issue is that the bugs still KEEP coming even after the "grace" period.
It's been asked countless times not to break things, and when implementing new features, not to break existing ones. THIS is what i'm frustrated about. Zoom feature is a cool idea itself, but the implementation of mouse wheel is stupid for the reason I already stated.
Your comment is unhelpful and unnecessarily incendiary.
My comment is an accumulation of small hopes, excitement and disappointment at same time. I don't understand how you couldn't see through that it had comedic value, given by the hyperbolic and some banter quality in it. You had to twist it to be something it never was...
This patch needs one year of preparation for what?
For more detailed naga footprints, obviously. Haven't you seen those are missing?! :D

On a serious note, there's just too many small and major bugs, and they keep coming in this PTR. Look at other aspects of this zoom command while using it. Using DELETE to rotate camera counter clockwise doesn't work, it only works with INSERT. And if you use the latter it won't keep the custom zoom, it will return to the default zoom.
This is just scratching the surface of the patches have been coming, there's a lot more to cover, and it's not up to us to test every single little thing.
But...wait...StormKnight had a huge thread here and on their forum about the BIG DEAL issues that would make Wc3 stabilized again. This was the icy top of the cake, literally spoonfed Blizzard to the bone. And what happened? It got removed, because of some crappy excuse "need to make individual threads for each issue".
This is the part where I correct your question:
How can Blizzard insult fan's dedication and desire to get wc3 fixed by helping them when they completely shut down that thread for a lame excuse?
Now, that's what I call an insult.

Level 18
I'm not gonna criticize a patch before it's even out yet, and IIRC PTRs usually hold back some of the bigger new features before its ready. Even still, it seems like with everything new added, it still isn't enough to get the game back on its feet yet. My hopes are pretty low until the Microsoft deal is finalized and Kotick is gone.

I'm sure the team working on the game now are nice people, and they've already done some impressive stuff. But it seems like the mission to fix Reforged is above their pay grade. The amount of effort its taking just to get the game almost back to the level of quality it had before Reforged is mind-boggling.

~El

Level 17
I'm sure the team working on the game now are nice people, and they've already done some impressive stuff. But it seems like the mission to fix Reforged is above their pay grade. The amount of effort its taking just to get the game almost back to the level of quality it had before Reforged is mind-boggling.
yeah its almost like firing the team that had been building up expertise with wc3 for 4 years wasnt a very good idea
hmmmm

Level 18
yeah its almost like firing the team that had been building up expertise with wc3 for 4 years wasnt a very good idea
hmmmm
There's a simple solution too: hire them back and give them the time and resources they need to actually fix stuff.

But, again, under Kotick? I doubt that will happen. Once he's gone? Much better chance.

~El

Level 17
There's a simple solution too: hire them back and give them the time and resources they need to actually fix stuff.

But, again, under Kotick? I doubt that will happen. Once he's gone? Much better chance.
i dont think many of them are willing to come back at that point

the best blizz could do in this state is opensource the whole thing and just leave it alone

Level 18
i dont think many of them are willing to come back at that point

the best blizz could do in this state is opensource the whole thing and just leave it alone
Only problem I have with that idea is that people are already struggling about what version of WC3 to use. If it becomes open source there'll be more versions and source ports than anyone could handle. Like Doom before everyone just decided to use ZDoom 90% of the time.

~El

Level 17
Only problem I have with that idea is that people are already struggling about what version of WC3 to use. If it becomes open source there'll be more versions and source ports than anyone could handle. Like Doom before everyone just decided to use ZDoom 90% of the time.
that's still better than the half-assed 'effort' from blizz at this point
besides, we already have a platform that everyone flocks to for melee - wc3champions. they could just maintain their own fork and im confident most people would use it by default
assuming a good development approach, multiple people could work on improving that one version instead of creating a bajillion of custom forks.

Level 11
Blizzard has never made any of their games open source, even the old ones. Maybe if Mike Morhaime was still around and in charge, maybe we could hope for the source code release for The Lost Vikings or Blackthorne.

That said, I wonder if Patrick Wyatt still keeps any files from his Blizzard days...

Level 18
Blizzard has never made any of their games open source, even the old ones. Maybe if Mike Morhaime was still around and in charge, maybe we could hope for the source code release for The Lost Vikings or Blackthorne.

That said, I wonder if Patrick Wyatt still keeps any files from his Blizzard days...
Diablo became open source, but not by Blizzard's choice. People reverse engineered it.

Level 25
I do think that it would be the best to at least give certain well known modders access to the source code as a group. They could agree to some legal stuff not to share the code and only provide patches. This would help the game and Blizzard does not have to make it Open Source. I would prefer it to be Open Source but I doubt that Blizzard which will do that :( There is soo many things by now we want to be improved, they can and will never update it without a team and why should they use more than one person to patch it if they won't make money from the game. Either they sell DLCs with new content to make money and patch the game during the creaion of the DLCs or just let us patch it! Even with DLCs: Who will buy them now? Reforged has already been named the worst remake ever.

If you know the game Gothic III for which the publisher fired the team before they could release a big patch (simliar to Warcraft), the community had to provide patches and I think that worked pretty well. I think that they gave some people access to the source code.

For Jedi Knight II and Academy they made it Open Source: GitHub - JACoders/OpenJK: Community effort to maintain and improve Jedi Academy (SP & MP) + Jedi Outcast (SP only) released by Raven Software
I did not try it but I think that a mod like this Movie Battles II - Star Wars Multiplayer Game is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.