• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
@Peppers, no worries. I know how infuriating it is when someone copies you and doesn't credit you. To back up Grom though, I myself created a spell (Inferno Incarnation) similar to this idea although mine was a single-target spell, not an AoE, similar to the Dreadlord's Doom. But you can see my point, it's a fairly good and fairly easy premise to replicate.

@Everyone else. It seems to me Shattrath'll be a fairly important part of FoD:
-It's the heart of Draenei society
-It's in Terokkar Forest, next door to Sketis, so it's in Arakkoa territory.
-It creeps in to Nagrand, the homeland of the Orcs
-Ogres...get around a bit XD and Blade's Edge isn't that far away really, just Zangarmash between them

So it makes sense to me to have the main screen involving Shattrath City in some way.

Level 4
I reckon the main screen shouldn't involve an Arakkoa, Draenei, Orc or Ogre personally. The whole project is essentially about Draenor so I think using any of the main four races would subtly put focus on one of them. In the same way I assumed Reign of Chaos was all about the Orcs and the Humans' conflict based on it's main screen. We could possibly use a Sporeling? If they have any appearance in the main campaigns.

Level 17
Why not a good/evil screen? One side is lush, for example, the Fields of Farahlon or Terokkar Forest and the other side is desolate and corrupted.

Level 1
Hey I have been following this thread for awhile I just wanted to say good luck! I am going to DL this when it comes out for sure. As for title screen why not a shot of what really sums up all that was lost after Draenors corruption, you know? Like a shot of Nagrand with the sun rising or something like that? Just a thought. ;)

Reactions: dab

dab

dab

Level 10
Hey I have been following this thread for awhile I just wanted to say good luck! I am going to DL this when it comes out for sure. As for title screen why not a shot of what really sums up all that was lost after Draenors corruption, you know? Like a shot of Nagrand with the sun rising or something like that? Just a thought. ;)

This man somehow hit the nail for me. With Ogre buildings too, and good terraining generally :D

Level 23
Hm... man, this is hard. Persoanlly I think that Oshu'gun is the best variant now, however we may want to show some more falling.

Ok, I got it. First we have to decide wheter we should see something natural and normal or should we see corruption and falling?

Level 17
I think something that really captures the feel of Draenor before its cataclysm. A scene that really defines its magnificance. It gives the corruption a bit more flavour. Something that makes the player grasp the severity of the corruption.

Level 1
You know Oshu'gun would be great, have it in the foreground and looking out across the plains of Nagrand with a herd of clefthoof or something. Making multiple title scenes is doable but I think it would be cooler to use the pure/corrupted motif for the orcs. Like use the same background shot for their 2 campaigns (if they still have two I haven't read a lot of the recent pages) one uncorrupted and the other corrupted.

Level 1
Here is a layout idea if you are interested. For the uncorrupted version have shaman standing at the edge of a canyon with a view down on the valley floor below with like a traditional semi-nomadic orcish camp next a river. And near the shaman rocks and like knee length grass. For the corrupted version same shot but replace the shaman with a warlock. The river in the valley below is dried up into a ditch and where the camp was is now a fortress in the architecture of Hellfire Citadel. Just a thought.

Level 4
You know Oshu'gun would be great, have it in the foreground and looking out across the plains of Nagrand with a herd of clefthoof or something. Making multiple title scenes is doable but I think it would be cooler to use the pure/corrupted motif for the orcs. Like use the same background shot for their 2 campaigns (if they still have two I haven't read a lot of the recent pages) one uncorrupted and the other corrupted.

Hellfire Peninsula would be good for that, I think.

Level 17
Nagrand, in my opinion, is probably the worst area of Draenor to use for the corruption. Though, you could probably have (in the distance) floating violet rocks and a tiny view of Stormspire.

I think, for the uncorrupted screen, the Greatmother of the Mag'har next to Oshu'gun, and in the distance a field of clefthoof grazing and then a mag'har settlement laid out like a Native American camp.

Level 4
Nagrand, in my opinion, is probably the worst area of Draenor to use for the corruption. Though, you could probably have (in the distance) floating violet rocks and a tiny view of Stormspire.

I think, for the uncorrupted screen, the Greatmother of the Mag'har next to Oshu'gun, and in the distance a field of clefthoof grazing and then a mag'har settlement laid out like a Native American camp.

True, Nagrand never gets corrupted. It is actually the only region of Draenor to remain, for the most part, practically unscarred by the destruction of the world and the rise of the Horde.

And the use of the Greatmother and a Orcish village would once again put too much focus on the Orcs.

Level 17
Perhaps a draenei village? And in the distance, black storm clouds are beginning to form, symbolizing the coming of a great shadow.

Level 4
Perhaps a draenei village? And in the distance, black storm clouds are beginning to form, symbolizing the coming of a great shadow.

Like I said before, any of the four playable races on the opening screen would subtly put focus on one of them.

I personally think just a piece of scenery would be good or an non-playable race of some kind.

But it's ultimatly up to Alagremm.

Level 17
It might put focus on them, but really, the main conflict in Draenor was the genocide of the DRAENEI by the ORCS. How about this, Oshu'gun is a place of shamanistic worship for the orcs and it is sacred to both draenei and orcs. Respectively, that puts focus on those two races, no?

Level 23
Well actually I wanted the screen to look like this:
Nagrandcrystal.jpg

But I like the idea of Oshu'gun, but without an orc and dark clouds behind it.

Level 4
I quite like the idea of JUST Oshu'gun.
And true, the main conflict on Draenor was primarily between the Orcs and the Draenei, dexm and Wolfe, but to put focus on those two races would make the relevence of the Ogres and Arakkoa and their campaigns seem a little pointless really.

Level 1
Alagremm you were right about the architecture I totally spaced on that one I kept thinking of Hellfire Citadel which was the only fortification prior to the second war to be built in that style my bad.

I got into modeling :) just to tell ya! sorry about before....let's just forget about that...

I'm still experimenting at the moment, but I needed to get into it for my own campaign project which I have yet to unveil, if I stumble upon anything, I will donate it kindly, but all I have so far is a WIP model of Warsong Hold. I doubt you'll want it as it isn't for an outland setting. It's for my map, but maybe takakenji could make some adjustments to it... Whatever the case, hope you guys are doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.