• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Bah go get yourself a water color set, a charcoal pencil, and some tea-soaked paper.

And you don't trolling in here -.-"

off enden______

Anyway its a realy interested project. It will be nice. some question:
is it have basic/ advanced build? or only simple?
are there heroes or avatars?
Are there meele maps, or only the story mode?

Thank you, and good work

viktor

Level 23
Well it will have only the "simple", however we might change that later.
Well first version of the project will basically be a mod only with melee maps and races.

Yes, there will be heroes, however they will be a bit different.

Level 23
JokeMaster, tell me more...

Cakekun, though the heroes will be in basis like in normal WCIII, they will be revived, they can carry items, can level and use abilities, but they also will have some unic features which I cannot reveal yet.

Level 9
As did I, JokeMaster. I think that we should definitely use some Native American music. I have a CD at home, and it's got some nice stuff.

Level 23
Well we cant take it. It was made by another mod.

The great codex of modmaking forbids to use resources made by other mods, even not completed. The only way to use resources of another mod allowed by the codex is using resources that were never released to the public and given to you exactly by their creator or leader of the never released mod.

Level 23
Actually its a mod. Yes, we are trying to make it look like if it was an actual addon to WCIII, like The Frozen Throne, however there will be some major changes.

Anyway I got something important for all you people out there...
I need your opinion on one of the FoD concepts:

Artifacts for Buildings

Level 9
Sounds pretty cool to me, lemme make sure I understand what you mean tho

An example would be like you kill an optional creature that really strong, but if you kill him he'll give you something like Artifact of the Mason and you bring it to your Great Hall/Town Hall whatever and all your buildings get +5 armor or something similar, right?

Level 23
No, they only work for the building in which you insert them.

Wait I have an even better idea! We may make some sort of artifact tower. A special building for each race in which you can put different artifacts to improve your army, resource gathering, buildings, speed of researches and unit production.

Level 23
Yes, however Draenorian eagles are relatives of kaliri.

Anyway, looks good. Because some units are needed for melee gameplay, but dont fit the lore, most flying units will only be in melee games.

We could even use the Hippogryph Rider system for all races.

Level 23
Good point... ok, only orcs will have that.

Anyway I got an important question for you people. I am remaking the FoD storyline to its final state and there is one thing that I need you to choose and without which I cannot finish it.

Who will be the main character of the ogre campaign?
  • Dentarg, apprentice of Ner'zhul
  • Cho'gall, Apprentice of Gul'dan
  • Mogor, Chieftain of Laughing Skull

Level 16
Dentarg. Ogres need to be less "Evil". Oh, Cho'gall is already an apprentice of Gul'dan? I thought he become his apprentice after the First War (Same Question Goes For Dentarg).

Level 23
Hey, actually I wanted to make that the fourth variant, but he plays a minor role in the story and is only in Auchindoun missions and ogre campaign as a secondary characrter.

So he wont be the main character, but he will be in the ogre campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.