1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Art Tools 1.0

Submitted by Blizzard Entertainment
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Comprising a set of plugins for Discreet®’s 3ds max®, these tools allow advanced users to create, modify, and quickly preview models and animations, including particle and ribbon effects, that can be used in custom maps created with Warcraft III’s World Editor. Please note that Blizzard does not directly support the Warcraft III Art Tools, and the technical support staff will not be able to respond to any related inquiries. However, detailed and illustrated instructions on how to use the software are included with the download.

A valid license for Discreet®’s 3ds max® 4.0 is required in order to use the Warcraft III Art Tools. We highly recommend that 3ds max® version 4.26 is used, with the service pack 1 fixes. Windows® 2000 or XP is suggested. Note: The Warcraft III Art Tools do not include a means for creating textures. To create textures, a paint program, such as Adobe®’s Photoshop®, is required.
Contents

Warcraft III Art Tools 1.0 (Binary)

1. MoonWolf3

MoonWolf3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard is stupid for releaseing ther tools for 4 when they should rerelease em for 6 or 7 because you CANT FIND 4 OR 5 ANYWHERE NOWADAYS! i own 6(im very spoiled) im also quite good in it but id need the source code for the plugins to be able to converts it im sure there are ALOT of people who want it for 6 or 7 too d@** you blizzard!!! btw anyone know how i can get in contact with the blizzard art team? or the ones wqho compiled these plugins?

edit: Im sure Blizzard must be useing 4 over at thier studio or they wouldnt have compiled the code to work with 4

2. Pink

Pink

Resources:
    Resources:
    |CFF8CB3ABP|CFFADE22Ai|CFF1903B9n|CFF5456B1k

3. MoonWolf3

MoonWolf3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pink....WTF is that stuff i need the SOURCE CODE for ir not some random letters and #

4. vcxjrchino

vcxjrchino

Resources:
    Resources:
    First Of All U can Get 3ds max from programs like kazaa and 2nd of all this program cant be suckin its b/c its by Blizzard Entertainment.

5. MoonWolf3

MoonWolf3

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL if you have to resort to Illegally getting a prgram like 3ds max you dont deserve to use it plus if you go get lessons in it you can get 3ds max 7 for like 600 AND also i have looked because i was curious and there ISNT 3dsmax ANYWHERE including Kazaa freakin noob

Edit: Wow, that shut ya up huh? lol

6. MoonWolf3

MoonWolf3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, that shut ya up huh? lol

7. BooK2

BooK2

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok this is **@p im trying to get it work downloaded 3ds max 7 and it keep comeing up with errors. :twisted:

8. MoonWolf3

MoonWolf3

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read all of the other comments!!!

9. Gandalf2349

Gandalf2349

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pink
    Is that what you wanted? ^

I suggest not using those color programs unless you know what you're doing. This isn't warcraft.

OK People. You can't get 3ds Max Free unless you go to kazaa.

If you don't know what modeling mdx's, and mdl's are, don't even post here. If you just want to make your own model for warcraft and you have no clue what you have to do, the signifigance of polygons, verticies etc. Don't post here. This is way advanced.

Don't complain about this being advanced either. This is advanced stuff. You don't just color your model in MS Paint. It takes alot of practice and skill. This isn't childsplay. Your not going to do this on your first map.

Don't post something like:
    THIS IS STUPID,
    HOW DOES THIS WORK,
    I CAN'T DO THIS,
    I DON'T HAVE 3DS MAX HOW DO I USE THIS IN WORLD EDIT

Don't Post the same thing twice, three times, or even four times in a row.

Post if you have a comment, something useful to contribute, or at least a bug.

10. MoonWolf3

MoonWolf3

Resources:
    Resources:
    first off I know what im doing with 3d modeling second i didnt mean to post taht twice before i hit the submit button twice bvy accident 3rd its better to ignore the retards who dont know when they are getting inover thier headds

11. vicky2004

vicky2004

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me too!! :twisted:

12. Larkas

Larkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm having a big problem with the Art Tools. Whenever I try to export my models, the exporter merges all the Geosets in a single one and deletes all the bones except one (or not: it happened to me once that the bone that remained was, in fact, a mesh!). This is really getting to my nerves. The version of Art Tools I got is 1.01, disponible at BNet. Is this happening to anyone else? I got 3DSMax 5.0 . I will try to export with this version later, but I doubt it will help.

EDIT: Just like I thought, it is the same.

13. Gill-Gallad

Gill-Gallad

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have 3d max6 and it doesn't work :(

14. johan

johan

Resources:
    Resources:
    :shock:

15. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    MoonWolf3, NOBODY here is willing to pay 600 ****ing dollars for 3dsmax, it isnt worth it..

16. RaVn0s

RaVn0s

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i got the 3d modeling tolls (all for free on eMule) . These arto tools are just excellent i cant see why so much people give up on searching free sources. I think its even woth to pay for it (if u know how to use them and really want them). Just think about it afronight 8)

17. RaVn0s

RaVn0s

Resources:
    Resources:
    And pay attention: Vgsatomi already said that any gmax higher than 5 WONT WORK WIth TheSE ART TOOLS.

So plz stop saying that u have blahblahblah and it dont work.
    sorry for double posting

18. MoDeLMaKeR

MoDeLMaKeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    how to get a warcraft3 moddel in the program so i can change and learn thinks from it???....please tell me and i can try to make my own moddels ass wel :D

19. eXciTe

eXciTe

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I am having problems with MDX Importer/EXporter for 3dsmax ... i cannot find the option "Import MDX"

20. error0024

error0024

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what is this!?i cant even install:
    Code (Text):
    3ds max® is not installed at this location. You must install the Warcraft III Art Tools in the same folder as 3dsmax.exe.
    anyway can anyone teach me how to use jass?