1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. Our apocalyptic vibes have reached their final breath. Choose who should get first place for the 6th music contest on the poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Gothic has taken over at long last! Take part in the 26th Texturing Contest to see if you've still got the mettle for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose a model and craft your spell in Zephyr Contest #15!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter. May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The Modeling Mini-Contest #5 - Familiar is up! Compete to design a pet companion to a lonely WC3 Hero of your preference.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III Art Tools 1.0

Submitted by Blizzard Entertainment
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Comprising a set of plugins for Discreet®’s 3ds max®, these tools allow advanced users to create, modify, and quickly preview models and animations, including particle and ribbon effects, that can be used in custom maps created with Warcraft III’s World Editor. Please note that Blizzard does not directly support the Warcraft III Art Tools, and the technical support staff will not be able to respond to any related inquiries. However, detailed and illustrated instructions on how to use the software are included with the download.

A valid license for Discreet®’s 3ds max® 4.0 is required in order to use the Warcraft III Art Tools. We highly recommend that 3ds max® version 4.26 is used, with the service pack 1 fixes. Windows® 2000 or XP is suggested. Note: The Warcraft III Art Tools do not include a means for creating textures. To create textures, a paint program, such as Adobe®’s Photoshop®, is required.
Contents

Warcraft III Art Tools 1.0 (Binary)

1. Megaerathia

Megaerathia
    w00t there already was a war3arttools... tool :twisted:

Edit: NVM what i sayed :roll:

2. Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon
    but where can i get 3ds max? (free)

3. lllLSDlll

lllLSDlll
    3ds max "free" good luck this programe is version expansive, im not sure how much it cost but its over 3000$ i think, yes :shock: 3000.00$.

But its easy to find it for free online, "Win-MX" "Kazza" ...

4. Darky29

Darky29
    no Hack/free stuff questions please

5. lllLSDlll

lllLSDlll
    k sorry :oops:

6. Cha

Cha
    Where do i get 3dsmax?

7. pVt.AP{}C@LYP$E

pVt.AP{}C@LYP$E
    why cant i how do i put this on world editor AND WHA WEBSITE CAN I GET 3DS MAX FROM even though im confused ill put this in :idea:

I LIKE CHESSEY POOFS

Edit: How do I get an icon
    :evil:
    I like chessey poofs

8. ToWinIsToKill

ToWinIsToKill
    WHAT THE F*** IS “3ds max"!!!!

9. Max160

Max160
    G max ?

10. Amro

Amro
    guys if you don't know then this isn't for you!
    I'm sick of people wanting to be able to do everything there is... it takes AWHILE to learn 3d modelling so if you don't know how don't post here until you do. BTW if you are not serious about 3d modelling (as in making commercial stuff) don't buy 3dsmax. (www.discreet.com)

11. re4mazn

re4mazn
    oh hey... my first time on this forum. i like this format where the text box is at the bottom of the screen. it might be better at the top so u can see the last comment you're responding to.

despite what alot of ppl on forums say, 3d modelling is not that difficult. don't be afraid to try it because other ppl say it is. most of em havent even tried. but if you do, be prepared for a lot of work. if ur not willing to shell out the effort, go do something else, as mr. amro suggests.

in regards to silly questions.... i.e. what is gmax.... ummm... google it bro. if ur not willing to research this stuff on ur own, don't bother trying 3d.

it's alot of self motivation... looking up stuff on the net, buying books, taking classes...

speaking of classes, if u don't have a version of 3ds max, that is wat i'd suggest that u do. go to a community college that has it. u can work on ur project from there,

while learning things from ur teacher and other students. from my experience most of these classes are pretty laid back, and the teachers will let u work on watever projects u want to.

a few links:

www.wings3d.com --- the best modeller, aside from MIRAI possibly, today. forget max. make ur models here, export as .3ds, and import into max, to animate and optimize.

spiraloid --- google the site. it's not spiraloid.com. alot of ppl post their work here. it used to be a better site, but it's still not bad.

bay raitt, who did the facial animation for gollum, owns this site. he visits between projects i think.

www.cgtalk.com --- there are some free models in the news section u can use for reference.

www.3dtotal.com --- some tutorials. free models also

www.3dbuzz.com --- downloadable video tutorials

there was an .mdx exporter they were doing in milkshape 3d awhile back as well. i don't know if it is still around. ask the mods or admins. i think it was republicolas...

if u can't do the community college route (which is the best option) try the milkshape 3d exporter.

--rvin

12. Tech-Less

Tech-Less
    does this stuff work for G-Max?

13. blade_boy11

blade_boy11
    Alot of ppl dl this for gmax and think that thay cant use it with it cus it wont instal but the truth is you can use it! this is what you do you dl QMPQ and use that on the installer and it well extract all of the files out of it into a seprit folder. you go into that folder and export all the stuff inside to your gmax deritory and there you have it! im not shure -WHARE- you put the files but you have the files!

Edit 1: seems like the plugins for it dosint work

Edit 2: the .max model files dont work you might need to find some type of converter for it so it well turn .max into .gmax

Edit 3: probebly the only thang you wold want this for if you dont have 3dmax is the texture files thats in it

14. Megaerathia

Megaerathia
    www.turbosquid.com some good models man

15. war40k

war40k
    umm well just download the trial at the dicreet or whatever it was (its a 30 day trial)

16. Gump

Gump
    Will i get spyware from downloading the stuff from here :?:

(cool pic)

17. Zeal

Zeal
    I cant download it to my computer

18. Megaerathia

Megaerathia
    You gotta have winrar www.rarlabs.com

19. Sever.2

Sever.2