1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III Art Tools 1.0

Submitted by Blizzard Entertainment
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Comprising a set of plugins for Discreet®’s 3ds max®, these tools allow advanced users to create, modify, and quickly preview models and animations, including particle and ribbon effects, that can be used in custom maps created with Warcraft III’s World Editor. Please note that Blizzard does not directly support the Warcraft III Art Tools, and the technical support staff will not be able to respond to any related inquiries. However, detailed and illustrated instructions on how to use the software are included with the download.

A valid license for Discreet®’s 3ds max® 4.0 is required in order to use the Warcraft III Art Tools. We highly recommend that 3ds max® version 4.26 is used, with the service pack 1 fixes. Windows® 2000 or XP is suggested. Note: The Warcraft III Art Tools do not include a means for creating textures. To create textures, a paint program, such as Adobe®’s Photoshop®, is required.
Contents

Warcraft III Art Tools 1.0 (Binary)

1. nebikenez

nebikenez

Resources:
    Resources:
    can somone pls tell me how i can get free ware that i can model and edit skins for free!?!? :?

2. Tsuky

Tsuky

Resources:
    Resources:
    For a 30 day free trail of 3Ds Max. http://www4.discreet.com/3dsmax/3dsmax.php?id=403

Have Fun!!! ^.^

Edit: Strike That....

WebSite Note: We have discontinued the streaming version of the 3ds max 6 30-day trial. If you are already using the streaming trial, it will continue to function until August 15, 2004.

3. Uknown

Uknown

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey guys does this change color of spells, models and other stuff?

i have it but i have win98 i also have 3dsmax 6 i think

4. doua

doua

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can offer this version of 3DSMAX 4.2 for a limited time for $75 with a retail disc and box. For $55 only download version. If interested let me know doua@charter.net SERIOUS ONLY!

5. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You realize you can be put in jail for that?

6. doua

doua

Resources:
    Resources:
    cant be if you are a retail dealer reseller. sell at own price.

7. SUPA_BUU

SUPA_BUU

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok im mad... i have mpq veiwer milkshape, blp converter,
    wc2 art tools, we unlimited, wc3 tft,
    wc3 imager, wc3 custom skin modifier, BUT I DONT HAV 3DSMAX I NEED IT ILL DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!11

8. Elec

Elec

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty good but i need a program that make's mdx file's

9. AfTeRsHoCk101

AfTeRsHoCk101

Resources:
    Resources:
    :lol: LMFAO ROFL omg this crap cracks me up - I just spent like 8 hours waiting for the trial of 3ds max to dl over my dial up and now it's some uber expert program that's a pain in the @$$ to handle :!: and hell the stupid plugin doesnt even work on the current version...

Man this 3D modeling **@p is over my head... I mean the thing that's so great about the Warcraft 3 Map Editor is that it's so d@** simple! I mean it's easy for a newb to use yet you can get into so many complicated things later on once you get good with it. Then to just get entirely blown away :? by the complexity of these other modeling/mapping/editing programs that look like they were designed by "The Architect" from the Matrix it's just uncomforting...

Well, anyhow, good luck to all of you who have the self motivation to actually get into such a thing as 3D modeling and what not, but damn - if anyone at all knows of some easy to use simple program that can help you make 3D models that doesnt require 4 years of experience to finally figure out -_- please let me know...

10. Rad

Rad

Resources:
    Resources:
    it says 3dsmax i got gmax i guess theres a difference?

11. MapCreator

MapCreator

Resources:
    Resources:
    :evil:
    What for f*** is that f****** 3ds Max where I can get it how much it cost for g** d*** somebody tell me

12. Socrate-

Socrate-

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. TearfullAngel-StC

TearfullAngel-StC

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow very nice post. BTW i dont suggest downloading unless you have experiance w/3dsmax. It is not a simple program to learn either, it takes a very long time to master it.

14. liammcn

liammcn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have 3ds Max 7.0, but this program wont work with it, why doesnt it work with it? Is this program to old to go with it? :?

15. Draconix

Draconix

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Anyone please help me:!::
    I have 3DS Max 6.0 and i need a tool that alows me to open mdx or mdl files with it!! i will be greatful if anyone of you could tell me where to find such a thing!!! :?

16. NeoAngel

NeoAngel

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Art tools are for 3dsmax 4 (best with 4.26).
    They are not compatible with later versions of max; you will have to get max 4 anyway. If you have models in later version of max, you need to export them from the later version using a plug-in that saves the file as a max 4 file. Then open the file in max 4 to export it from there using the art tools plug-ins.

The Art tools should have been compatible with later versions. I know some programmers that could probably modify the code to work for the later versions of max, but unfortunately that breaks the ‘terms and conditions’ and copyright treaties. The only way to legally do it is to get written and signed permission to modify the software. If anyone can contact blizzard directly it would be a step in the right direction, however, with the amount of time it would take for them to sort out the paperwork, it would probably faster from their point of view to publish updated plug-ins themselves.

If the fan sites made a combined effort to persuade blizzard for a little of their time, you might get some results. Brand loyalty is key to the success of a games company; they work for you. It’s time to rally the masses…

17. abcdefghstuvwxy

abcdefghstuvwxy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    O, please, give us an adress that can download 3dsmax"4" there.

The "3dsmax free trial download site" gives us "7" only.

I need it very much!!I need it very much!!I need it very much!!

18. NeoAngel

NeoAngel

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can use the MDX Importer/exporter 2.0 by KMK (Republicola)http://republicola.wc3campaigns.com/impexpmdx_KMK.zipto import and export files in any version of max.

Go to
    http://www.wc3campaigns.com/showthread.php?t=45429
    for a tutorial on what you can do with it.
    To be honest it’s not very good. You lose all materials, it doesn’t animate. You lose the animation when you export…
    It’s not so bad if you need a starting point, but you need to stick everything together in notepad afterwards.

Beware to anyone that has a higher version of 3dsmax and manages to find 3dsmax 4. You wont be able to licence both of them. C_DILLA will send you to hell for it. If I get proved wrong on this; tell me, and tell me how?

19. abcdefghstuvwxy

abcdefghstuvwxy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    :( O, not enough tools to create a new model......
    3dsmax4, without it, the art tools are useless.
    what the hell of the "platform limit!"

I'm still seeking for someone who can tell me a place where can download 3dsmax4 there, even that 3dsmax4 is a trial ver.

I still need it very much!!I still need it very much!!

20. HardGamerDz

HardGamerDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol...When I se people that ''THINKS'' :roll: they got 3ds max I'm starting to laugh a bit...Becuse...It does cost so hell much money and some people ''thinks'' they got it... :)