• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mefhisto Warcraft III Tool 1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This tool originates from here

"Mefhisto Warcraft III Tool is a complementary application for Warcraft III gamers and map makers to make their life a little easier while in the heat of battles. This is not any hack or bannable application, as it makes no changes to the gameplay; The biggest advantage you will receive from this application, is the amount of time you will save in-game."

Current Version: 1.5 November 2009 Changelog

Features:
  • Simplification for Custom Keys
  • Advanced Game Configuration
  • World Editor Tweaks
  • Various Game Modes
  • Simple and Clear Interface
  • Easy Set Up with Configuration File
  • Multi Language Interface
Contains:
  • Backpack Helper
  • Hit Point Shower
  • Windows Keys Disabler
  • Replay Auto Saver
  • Builded-in Replay Charter

and more...

Visit website for more info Mefhisto Warcraft III Tool Web Site

Config.ini configuration guide Configuration Guide

Or if You like, post on hiveworkshop forum Hive Workshop Post
Contents

Mefhisto Warcraft III Tool 1.5 (Binary)

Reviews
29 September 2012 Magtheridon96: This is in need of an update. The HP bar feature is totally pointless, as that feature is actually built-in to the game. There are a couple of complaints in the comments as well. I don't know if those are actual...

M

29 September 2012
Magtheridon96:

This is in need of an update. The HP bar feature is totally pointless, as that feature is actually built-in to the game.
There are a couple of complaints in the comments as well. I don't know if those are actual problems, but I suggest you consider them.

Level 9
[Approval status = Pending ]

Except what Wolverabid suggested, the main thing I would suggest is to change the name to a more suiting one. This one is plain general.

Try to find a suitable, not too long name for it, or at least one that can be abbreviated in a decently long and easy to pronounce string ;). This will help it become popular, as it will be easy to refer ;)!

Read the whole PM I sent you and reply to it!

Part of my PM:

-----------------
1) "Warcraft III Tool" is too general as name, don't you agree?
You should try to set this straight early on, so you won't have to do so later or, when you'll have to turn "Warcraft III Tool v2.4.6" to "W3 New Tool Name v1.0", as if it would be a completely new tool.

Again, lack of uniqueness concerning the name

2) I would have asked you if you tested the behavior of all the settings combinations. But, looking over the ReadMe file, I'd say it would have been too much to do...
Optional

3) Specify the system requirements. At least, memory required, even HDD space.
Optional

4) Specify the software requirements. Does it need any specific driver or DLL in order to function properly? and such...

5) Specify the deployment license.
-----------------

Level 4
"Warning: Demonslayer anti-virus has detected a trojan horse in this file. Please download with caution!"

Yeah.. thats not good...

Level 3
omg dont you get why you get virus - it isnt the file, its when the download is on your firewall open to the link and you canmaybe get a virus importet - (it import at the same position as the downloaded file) therefore you get a virus it I NOT the file thats infectet, its the internet... -.-'

Level 1
Multi Languages?

Does it mean it is in multiple languages, or it allows wc3 to see/be able to write (no ?'s) in other languages?

Ash

Ash

Level 22
For people that believe this file could be infected;

No, you just don't understand the actual meaning of it.

It's perfectly fine, and I commend the fact that you've asked without flaming the shi- rubbish out of the creator.

The reason it'll be labled as a 'trojan' or 'virus' is because it interacts with scripts and the like, possibly from the network drive. The anti virus flags these as being 'harmful' because of that, even though lots of programs do it.

Sure, it could be a virus, so I'm going to ask the creator (if possible) for a version of his source code. I'll scan through it and have a look it at, and then I can tell you if it is a virus or not.

However, that said, I'm 99.9% certain that this file is clean, because this 'Generic' Trojan is one hell of a Generic issue. As a programmer myself, I constantly headdesk at the fact that my complied scripts and the like are deleted by my anti-virus for exactly the same reason.

Level 2
Icon Position

it changes only the hotkeys SHOW settings permanently
for example, instead of "Attack" it writes "(A) Attack"

No, it changes position AND name. There must be some way to reset this default? I tried Phrosen's way, but nothing changed. It's honestly very annoying how the icons changed.

Level 1
is there anyway i can cutomize wich hotkey each grid gets?? i hate scrolling with the mouse.. and the arrow keys is so far away from the hotkeys.. so i wanted to use like wasd to move the map and have spells on parhaps q,e,r,f... is this possible?

Level 3
Awsome tool!

I don't understand replay charter. It is glitching out on me and I need a guide.
Please direct me to a guide.

i got pretty good antiviris: Did NOT detect trogen as it did with stuff by shadowfrench.

BACKPACK IS ALT-Q/W/A/S/Z/X NOT CTRL

Last edited:
Level 7
For people that believe this file could be infected;

No, you just don't understand the actual meaning of it.

It's perfectly fine, and I commend the fact that you've asked without flaming the shi- rubbish out of the creator.

The reason it'll be labled as a 'trojan' or 'virus' is because it interacts with scripts and the like, possibly from the network drive. The anti virus flags these as being 'harmful' because of that, even though lots of programs do it.

Sure, it could be a virus, so I'm going to ask the creator (if possible) for a version of his source code. I'll scan through it and have a look it at, and then I can tell you if it is a virus or not.

However, that said, I'm 99.9% certain that this file is clean, because this 'Generic' Trojan is one hell of a Generic issue. As a programmer myself, I constantly headdesk at the fact that my complied scripts and the like are deleted by my anti-virus for exactly the same reason.

same thing

and almost anything freeware can be detected as a virus for the same reason

Level 2
I will try this out. But if my comp crashes because of a virus, well then all I can say is that I will not be too happy. But then again your explanation does seem logical.

Level 2
Good N Stupid

this was Good but.....u kno the HP thing isnt necessary
if u want the HP bar to show all the time go to Options and make it so u cna see it all the time DUH

Level 2
People keep saying this file is "infected by a tojan." Well, even if the file is not infected by a trojan, any time you download a file from anywhere you increase your risk of getting a trojan virus from just about anyone who knows how to use the port your computer is using to connect to the mirror that you are downloading from in order to do, well, things like give you a virus. (I'm not suggesting it's that easy to just hack a website download link to try and give people viruses, but face it, for some people in the world it is easy.)

Last edited:
Level 5
THERE IS NO DEFAULT BUTTON, sry for capslock, but still. I want to restore it to original because this fucks up tooltips on custom maps, and annoying like hell, and there is no restore or default button. I don't want to reinstall warcraft...