• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 Mod?

Would you like to see a Warcraft 4 Mod within Sc2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
SantaBla why are you always so negative? If a project gets on hold it doesn't mean that it is canceled... Starcraft II's editor will make it possible for us to do so. Perhaps you should import WoW models. They got high polly and are nice.

Level 25
So.. Just cuz you've seen a crappy mapper made a map, means every map would look like that?

Guess we should close the Map Section on this site then. :wink:
Warcraft 4 in the StarcraftII Engine could be fun, IF the engine is far different than the WarcraftIII-Engine (Graphics, physics, lighting, etc) but if it would be made, it should be balanced and creative. Combine those two and you'll get a cookie.

And Santabla, where should the time be used? On DOTA? :razz:

Level 17
I'll be working on such a Mod (or a similar other fantasy mod) myself if the starcraft editor has potential for heroes with leveling and abilities, and items don't matter to me. possibly joining into a team, but that will depend on how Starcraft II turns out.

I want to see non horde and non alliance as army choices. Burning Legion maybe, Illidan's independants, Forest Trolls, Ogres, Goblins, etc.

Hero based maps usually amuse me more than regular army maps(except I hate DOTA's gameplay).

Level 3
I've got a very beginnings of a project for a WC design using SC2's Star Edit 2. In other words, its all in manuscripts right now, units stats and plots.

Putting player made maps aside, I focused on Blizzard's design and made my judgement from there. I enjoy SCs game play vastly more than WCs; so I did something most likely unpopular...
My project designs speeds up WC ALOT. It also is a completely revamped and rebuilt game play design.

It throws in dashes of Total War, BfME and SC all together with the Warcraft theme.
On giving Ideas for Races/Factions, my buddies n I came up with 12 races seporated into 4 alliances.

Forsaken
Blood Elves
Naga

Orcs
Dark Spear (Trolls)
Tuaren

Sentinals (Night Elves)
Druids (Night Elves)
Draenei

Humans
Dwarves
Gnomes

Creep Factions-
Goblins
Burning Legion
Scourge

Creeps-
Pretty much everything from WC3 & TFT

Look up WoWwikki for information on the "Lore Conspiracy" that WoW caused. We based our ideas lore wise off a good mixture of the past Warcrafts, but please be noted that Metzen wrote in reply of the Lore issues caused by WoW. You'll see there that he simply forgot what he had written in the past games.
He declares WoW's Lore as the newest, most current and updated version of WarCraft lore. Thus was taken into consideration.
Thusly I'd like to add that this would most likely only work if the mod was based after WotLK, in which my future project is.

Level 17
I thought the naga also worked for illidan now. Don't they? And illidan only sortof works for the legion. I mean, he does, but he doesn't like it. And I'm pretty sure the elves that work for the legion are the ones who didn't abandon illidan and kaelthas as their leaders, and joing the horde (I think that's the latest WoW patch).

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
No.

See most of the blood elves joined Kael'thas and Illidan, who after failing his little task to take out the Lich King hid in Outland and did everything possible to battle the Legion and stop them from entering (since he knew he would lose in a full-scale war).

The other elves stayed in Azeroth until the Dark Portal was reopened. After they journeyed to Outland however, they found out that Kael had betrayed Illidan and didn't care for them.

So now it is Kael's elves who work for the Legion, abandoning Illidan's cause, and getting all mutated into Felblood elves.

The other ones have risen against him, and may as well (as Elenai would hope) return to being High Elves once again.

The naga (as far as I know) have stayed loyal to Illidan the whole time.

Level 17
No.

See most of the blood elves joined Kael'thas and Illidan, who after failing his little task to take out the Lich King hid in Outland and did everything possible to battle the Legion and stop them from entering (since he knew he would lose in a full-scale war).

The other elves stayed in Azeroth until the Dark Portal was reopened. After they journeyed to Outland however, they found out that Kael had betrayed Illidan and didn't care for them.

So now it is Kael's elves who work for the Legion, abandoning Illidan's cause, and getting all mutated into Felblood elves.

The other ones have risen against him, and may as well (as Elenai would hope) return to being High Elves once again.

The naga (as far as I know) have stayed loyal to Illidan the whole time.

ah. very explanatory. Thx.

Level 8
I would personally love to see a Warcraft 4 mod for Starcraft 2. Tons of new content would be sweet. Races I would like to see:

Playable Factions:

Human Alliance - Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes
Orcish Horde - Orcs, Trolls, Tauren
Night Elf Sentinels - Night Elves, Ancients, Furbolgs
Undead Scourge - Undead
Draenei Survivors - Draenei and Broken
The Forsaken - Forsaken
Blood Elf Remnants - Blood Elves
The Naga - Naga

Neutral Factions:

Goblin Cartels - Goblins
Burning Legion - Demons

Creeps:
Defias Brotherhood/Syndicate (Bandits)
Amani Tribe (Forest Trolls)
Gurubashi Tribe (Jungle Trolls)
Hakkari/Atal'ai Tribes (Jungle Trolls)
Sandscalp Tribe (Sand Trolls)
Drakkari Tribe (Ice Trolls)
Corrupted Furbolgs
Corrupted Ancients
Satyrs
Rogue Undead (Ghosts/Zombies/Skeletons/etc.)
Lost Ones
Animals (Wolves/Bears/Boars/Raptors/Thunder Lizards/etc.)
Servants of the Old Gods (Qiraji/Nerubians/Silithid/Elementals/etc.)
Other (Tuskarr/Wendigos/etc.)

Level 5
I think that the starcraft games is something for their own and shall not be mixed with warcraft games (too much) , However i would miss The heroes level up , but in starcraft 1 you can see this kills: witch they have .. maby units and hero get slightly stornger everytime theyr kills go up? And i Do miss the Upgrade your headquarter witch is in warcraft 3 ,:)

Level 19
I think that the starcraft games is something for their own and shall not be mixed with warcraft games (too much) , However i would miss The heroes level up , but in starcraft 1 you can see this kills: witch they have .. maby units and hero get slightly stornger everytime theyr kills go up? And i Do miss the Upgrade your headquarter witch is in warcraft 3 ,:)

You'll be able to turn on the leveling feature in the StarCraft II Scum Editor.

Level 14
Hmmm, ever notice that the Old Ones of Azeroth Look very similar to the Overmind. And they both have the same plan of taking over the universe. They both have a massive growing in size army. The Overmind has the Zerg and the Old ones have the Burning legion. Now what happens when the Old Ones break out of their prison and these two guys meet. Now THAT would be interesting. Anyway, I dont want to see Warcraft go dead like Starcraft I.
Overmind- http://metaverse.galciv2.com/metaverse/logos/Empire_The Big Eyeball_logo.jpg

Old Ones Relative- http://www.hostileguild.net/files/cthundown.jpg

~Asomath
"World Editor Trainee"

Level 13
The Old Gods(or Old Ones as you call them) are in no way related to the Burning Legion. And also that is just partial C'thun. From what I remember they are supposed to have humanoid forms (I could be wrong). Their only army as far as I know are the elemental Lieutenants.

Level 14
Yes I apologize, I got my lore all mixed up. I thought that the Old God's played a role in corrupting Sargeras, in turn creating the Burning Legion. But I got that all messed up. C'thun is the only awakened Old God, who is trapped underneath the Temple of AQ. He has the Qiraji under his command. The elemental lords are still banished in the Elemental Platue (except for Ragnaros). The Titans, Old Gods, and the dark titan Sargeras with the burning legion, (and the Overmind) are all on the same level of power. Hehe, 4 way battle!

~Asomath
"World Editor Trainee"

Status
Not open for further replies.