• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged (WORTH IT OR NOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys I was wondering with all the disappointed fans out there. Is warcraft 3 reforged worth it or it the classic better? I have not purchased it because I am still deciding.

Here are my concerns:

1. Graphics: I was expecting HD lighting and shadows like the one released in Blizzcon. Is it there? I have watched gameplays and they don't look the same. Is it editable in World Editor?

2. World Editor: This is my main concern. What can you do better in its World Editor? Is the file size limit increased to a high level where you can import massive amounts of HD models? Are there new or updated triggers? Can you play multiple sounds at the same time? Amount of doodad limits removed? Can you form Water by using triggers?

I mean I know they can still update it and stuff but I just really wanna know if it's worth it or not.

Let me explain it in simple terms
the origional warcraft 3/tft will no-longer connect to battle.net

If you want to play warcraft 3 online. you are doing it with the reforged Client (or a private server, but lets not get into that)
This can be done however WITHOUT purchasing reforged. I believe (someone correct me If I am wrong) that the non-reforged version is now 'free to play'

The ONLY difference you are getting for reforged, is better graphics, and maybe the campaign content

The editor is exactly the same, the battle.net integration is exactly the same, the new lack of clans is exactly the same.

In sumation
If you already owned and played warcraft 3; you recieved an arguable forced feature downgrade

If you already owned warcraft 3, and purchased reforged; you recieved an arguable forced feature downgrade, WITH a graphical Upgrade

If you never owned warcraft 3, and didn't buy reforged to play; you recieved what is essentially still a good game, with some antiquated systems (unit movement is still just as awkward and clunky, for example), and antiquated graphics

If you never owned warcraft 3, and purchased reforged; you recieved what is essentially still a good game, with some antiquated systems (unit movement is still just as awkward and clunky, for example), and somewhat modern graphics (that are still nothing to write home about)

Level 7
Aww the editor is still the same? including the limits? Like the game adds permanent leaks for creating units and doodad limits? No added features to world editor? How about shadows do all units have a shadow from the in-game or custom lighting?

There are editor improvements, I dont know about specific issues like the fact that unit creation caused a leak. though you could always clear that leak pretty easily with a line of custom script.
Shadows (In reforged) have improved and are actual shadows, instead of blobs. I would imagine most limits are still the same only a handful (map filesize IE) have been removed.
I dont think they are 'custom light' shadows (though I havnt tested if a torch can cast shadows or not) though I would Imagine No (since it is the warcraft 3 engine were dealing with, it will always be graphically worse than starcraft 2)

Also a note to modders, now blizzard 100% owns your map and anything you do with it, This includes trying to make the game in a new engine like unity (they dont want the next dota to slip out of their hands)
also 3rd party IP is banned, so no LOTR themed games :(

Level 8
Worth uninstalling it, and installing an older version ;) Go for 1.26 or 1.27 or any version that has a private ladder hosting bots.

Level 2
I'd say that Reforged in it's current state is NOT worth the 30 bucks it asks for it due to the false advertisement leading to missing features and all of the current glitches and bugs and performance issues currently plagueing the game.

I'd say wait a few months and hope that the game goes on sale, highest i'd probably pay for it would be bucks

Level 2
I'd say that Reforged in it's current state is NOT worth the 30 bucks it asks for it due to the false advertisement leading to missing features and all of the current glitches and bugs and performance issues currently plagueing the game.

I'd say wait a few months and hope that the game goes on sale, highest i'd probably pay for it would be bucks

They do such things? Lower the price of games? Blizzard I mean.
In such case I should wait some months!

Hi Btw first post I write in this website.

Level 2
Guess Reforged did something right. It brought people together for better and worse.

I mean yeah, they managed to unite a fanbase and turned them into (mostly) a hatebase.

I, myself am working on archiving Warcraft 3 Classic on my Cloud and distribute the original RoC and TFT Installers (Which still require CD-Keys to install)
On top of that the people on the Discord that i primarily archive my copies on have recently provided me with the actual MacOSX Versions of Warcraft 3 1.27b which blows my mind honestly because i never knew there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.