• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is warcraft 3 dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I just want to know if warcraft 3 is dying,is it worth learning map making with the warcraft world editor?

Level 5
Yes it is dying and coming so late to learn war3 - nope, not worth it... SC2 can do much more things and better.
Personally i like the story of warcraft and not that future shit(excuse me) but since i hate wow,i guess, but hten i would be making medieval campgains mostly.

Level 5
It's never too late.

Yes, it's dying, but only because it already went through it's Golden age.

Still, there are millions of players. ~100 million in total (including active and non-active players), about a few million active players and some hundreds of thousands online every day.

through that golden age i was enjoying the maps, not map making, too bad =/

Level 17
Slowly and surely it is losing it's populace, but it won't ever die. People still play Diablo 1 + 2 and Starcraft 1 with their respective expansions.

The only way I see it dying completely is if someone beats them at their own game - make a fantastic RTS that's really easy to mod for anyone that knows nothing about modding.

Level 11
Warcraft 3 can't die because it's like this blizzard makes few games but those games are top of the line I mean people still playes diablo 1 and that thing is anithent.
And look at let's say Lara croft or somethin people play the latest and when the companie realease a newer one all people buy that game and forget about the first or second and so on but personally other comapanies make awsome games but people want the newest and best.
See I still play diablo 2 and the 2nd lara-croft they are very weak grahics but I enjoy them still.

Level 5
I'd rather learn to use the Galaxy Editor, since it's more advanced and up-to-date.
Besides, with the release of Blizzard Dota there will be lots of new medieval models.

hmmmmm, the galaxy editor does have some simulations i guess,no? also, can you make campgains in the galaxy editor?

Level 6
Lol what Blizzard DotA? O.O
And oh, BR is so old XD (But somehow, I manage to play it with friends, and I keep pawning them because they are "new" there XD.)

Level 5
Its just your mind saying its dead(God damn it I still play Battle Realms and there are still a big forum for it so how can be a more popular War3 be dead?), its still worthy to learn the World Editor and its also worth to learn Galaxy.
Yeah, gonna buy sc 2 soon i think, just that my country has only credit cards and debit ones which i dont use, waitin for paysafecard.
Lol what Blizzard DotA? O.O
And oh, BR is so old XD (But somehow, I manage to play it with friends, and I keep pawning them because they are "new" there XD.)
Blizzard Allstars will be a game representing dota 1 in starcraft 2,its heros will be from diablo ,starcraft and Wow franchises

Level 10
I was about to open a separate thread with a similar subject.
Some now and then I come back to the Hive to look how things are going - and almost want to start modding WC3 again.But then, I remember SC2 is just better.
However, for some reason, the fun I have with SC2 will never equal that of modding WC3.

I wonder if there's still an active community like some of you mentioned during WC3's "Golden Age" or it's just going to be me, myself and I... and nobody else.

Level 5
I was about to open a separate thread with a similar subject.
Some now and then I come back to the Hive to look how things are going - and almost want to start modding WC3 again.But then, I remember SC2 is just better.
However, for some reason, the fun I have with SC2 will never equal that of modding WC3.

I wonder if there's still an active community like some of you mentioned during WC3's "Golden Age" or it's just going to be me, myself and I... and nobody else.
Hmmm, well i wont miss sc 2 golden ages,just need paysafecard here bcs all my country has is credit cards which i cant have one....
as for the active community i will try to make a blizzard-like campgain, but my terraining is really horrible i think.

Level 2
Starcraft II took away a pretty sizable chunk of people, but if this site alone is anything to go by WCIII is still at least in positive hitpoints. To this day, people are doing things with the editor and the custom model count is ridiculous and growing.

Level 11
Die?? hmm it depends how you understand the word. If you mean Die = 0 players, than you are wrong Wc3 will never die but if you mean small amount of players than it will die because Sc2 Editor or Galaxy Editor is far more powerfull but also harder to learn. But if you learn him you really enjoy working on him because with the new patch 1.5.0 you can change allmost everything in the map its like making game not map.

Level 7
I don´t think the game is dying or is close to it. It´s Golden Age has passed but still there are many good maps, awesome projects and a huge community behind it.
The World Editor has been almost always "unlimited", you could and you can do anything you want if you had an idea. Of course new editors are coming out, enterprises are aware in what gamers expend their time. But this is like buying a good computer, it will be surely be outdated in a year or so and that is no reason for not buying it.

Let me give you two examples (This video and the image at the bottom):

Those projects are Dualism and Requiem. At first sight no one would say that is warcraft III. This is just an example so you notice that with effort and dedication you can do anything in warcraft III. Hope this helps you!

Attachments

• 86859933.jpg
    86859933.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 141
Level 11
I don´t think the game is dying or is close to it. It´s Golden Age has passed but still there are many good maps, awesome projects and a huge community behind it.
The World Editor has been almost always "unlimited", you could and you can do anything you want if you had an idea. Of course new editors are coming out, enterprises are aware in what gamers expend their time. But this is like buying a good computer, it will be surely be outdated in a year or so and that is no reason for not buying it.

Let me give you two examples (This video and the image at the bottom):

Those projects are Dualism and Requiem. At first sight no one would say that is warcraft III. This is just an example so you notice that with effort and dedication you can do anything in warcraft III. Hope this helps you!

Thanks but i know both projects auctually im following them. But to make big project like Requiem its better and more difficult in my opinion from Dualism you need people or if you know everything it will take you some years... and in years companies make games.

Level 8
if its dead how come i still see ppl who just bought it today;?

i luv wc3 less laggy

dousnt need all that high graphics shit ur computer dousnt get a error and crashes cause its to overloaded by graph card and all sc2 maps i played are faked from wc3
and they arnt even that fun in there i got sc2 but still play wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.