• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can i ask what patch is reforged? I have downloaded Warcraft 3 the patch 1.30.2 but when i launched it, it was unexpectedly the reforged version of warcraft is 1.30.2 reforged?

Level 9
It probably auto updated after you launched Warcraft III Launcher.exe. You should use Warcraft III.exe in the x86_64 folder.

Where did you download 1.30.2?
Well i'm not exactly sure where this warcraft patch version was downloaded for i'm not the one who was downloading it. I asked a friend of mine to download my computer a 1.30.2 version of warcraft and he just said he'll try so my guess is he just searched it in google OR he might have downloaded it here in HIVE since i know that he is also a member here. Though not really sure if there is even a warcraft patch download here in hive.

Level 9
Hello again, @loktar. I really need help here. As you can see, i have redownloaded warcraft 3 the patch 1.30.2 (searched it on google myself) and then after it has finished downloading this folder named "warcraft 3 1.30.2 setup" showed up and when i opened it, it was an application with the same name, when i opened it, it was opening BattleNet and it was saying about accepting the terms and rules and all of that stuff and then it was installing. So i waited a couple of minutes for it to finish installing and when it has, i clicked "Launch" and it opened warcraft but, oddly enough it was the reforged patch again (i know it was quite funny as well) i was literally out of my mind after that. Do you got any clues of why it has done this?

Level 12
Through some trial and error I've concluded that when installing Wc3 over those official launchers it will detect any folders named "Warcraft" or "Warcraft III" and thus you will still have the newest version even after supposedly downloading an older one.

You can try renaming or straight up deleting those Warcraft folder and possibly clearing out some registry files.

I managed to have 4 different versions of Warcraft installed at one point at the same time, with little to no issue

Attachments

• wc3.png
    wc3.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 100
Level 9
Through some trial and error I've concluded that when installing Wc3 over those official launchers it will detect any folders named "Warcraft" or "Warcraft III" and thus you will still have the newest version even after supposedly downloading an older one.

You can try renaming or straight up deleting those Warcraft folder and possibly clearing out some registry files.

I managed to have 4 different versions of Warcraft installed at one point at the same time, with little to no issue
Really wierd for my computer to automatically update my warcraft 3 to the newest version though i have only downloaded version 1.31. I can try what you have said but i cannot really make sure if it will be successful but i will try atleast. Can you perhaps send me a zip file of the version 1.31 or 1.30 of warcraft. It's just a favor though, but i would be delighted if you can.

It probably auto updated after you launched Warcraft III Launcher.exe. You should use Warcraft III.exe in the x86_64 folder.
If you follow these instructions it should never auto update, unless you're using an installer that automatically downloads the latest version before installing (which it looks like you were doing), or if you try to enter battle.net and/or click "yes" when the game asks you to update.

If you already have the latest version installed, make sure you aren't using a shortcut to that, make a new shortcut to "Warcraft III.exe" in the "x86_64" folder.

You can download several zipped versions here: WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.