• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

There is no Campaigns folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i recently updated to patch 1.30.2 and the campaigns folder is gone so i can't play custom campaign, most of the instruction i read tell me that i should just make a folder with "Campaigns" in the Warcraft III directory as name but doesn't work.
i have tried typing "campaign/Campaign/Campaigns/campaigns" also don't work

what should i do?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You can install the game to any directory you want. But starting with v1.28, some of the data of WC3 is now to be found elsewhere. This allows to circumvent file/directory permission issues with modern OSes. It is also part of the best practices in programming since the 2000s.

Level 21
As others have said, some things are now stored in the Documents folder since patch 1.28. I'm using patch 1.29 and I'm also having problems with custom campaigns since I don't see another Campaigns folder in there; if I create a new one and place campaigns in it, none of them show when I start the game. All custom campaigns that I once had are gone; even the standard Exodus of the Horde campaign (aka DemoCampaign.w3n) can no longer be found inside the old Campaigns folder (or anywhere else for that matter).

Did anyone test if custom campaigns work on the newest patch?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] All custom campaigns that I once had are gone; even the standard Exodus of the Horde campaign (aka DemoCampaign.w3n) can no longer be found inside the old Campaigns folder (or anywhere else for that matter).
DemoCampaign.w3n used to be unavailable at some point on some installations of the game...
Bugs and Issues - Missing Maps/Demo Campaign/Custom-Keys

... but this has been fixed afterwards afaik.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Level 1
It's a good thing that I copied the whole file of warcraft 3 before updating to 1.30+ since I've had a bad feeling about it...

Well there are problems that did appear but all I want to know is where do I find the cinematics folder for the campaign and where to put it?

Status
Not open for further replies.