• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So the Holidays are over, winter has come, so it's that time when most people get into depression, which lasts pretty much untill spring time. And since I've been the one to spread negative energies here ever since Blizzcon 2019, I thought to redeem myself a bit, and for a change try to spread some possitive energy in times of depression.

Now, let's imagine that Warcraft 3 Reforged was a success and that we're getting a DLC!
What would you like to see? What do you think would be the most likely thing to see and why?

I personally hope for some new races! I know Starcraft II didn't get a new race, but let's be positive!
I think it's most likely to expect some WoW playable race as a DLC's new race. But it has to be some race that's not already heavily prominent in Warcraft 3 Campaigns. I think it's unlikely we'd be seeing any prominent faction in the Campaigns as a new race, cause than it wouldn't fit with the Campaigns. So that means no Humans, no Dwarves, no Orcs, no (Darkspear) Trolls, no Taurens(all of these are already present as parts of alliance/horde factions), no Night Elves (already present with some of their allies), no Blood Elves, no Forsaken, no Kul Tirans. Also no prominant non playable WoW races, so no Burning Legion, no Naga, no Satyrs, no Fel(Chaos) Orcs, no Broken Draenei.

So what does that leave us with? Well if we're looking at WoW playable races: Goblins, Gnomes, Gilneans(Worgen), Draenei, Pandaren and pretty much any allied race except Kul Tirans.

My thoughts is that the most likely DLC would be "Goblins vs Gnomes".
Why?
As of now Hearthstone is by far the most popular Warcraft game. And to my knowledge, some 60% of cards in Hearthstone are Gnomes and Goblins(though I haven't played Hearthstone much, in years in fact, cause I don't find it fun). Also the first ever Hearthstone expansion was "Goblins vs Gnomes"(just checked it on Hearthstone pedia). And some Reforged models(like female satyr) obviousely use Hearthstone's concept art.
And I would actually like that very much. I find it really fun to have mechanised races fighting eachother, and other races. I know that Gnomes in Hearthstone have an increadably annoying voices(like a hundred times more annoying than the ones in WoW), but nothing is perfect.
I would also love to see a DLC with the Nightborne.

What do you think? Imagining that Reforged is a success(possitive energy), what would you like to see in a DLC? What do you think would be the most likely thing to see?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 13
Wow, you just helped me realise that some 90% have a psychical disorder(SAD).
maybe even StarCraft and Diablo stuff.
I wouldn't actually like that, the ones we already have are there just as a joke/cross game promotion atempt. I mean OK to get more of these for the credits or stuff, but as a playable race(s), no. Let the universes stay seprate outside of HotS(though I know some people will argue that Warcraft RTS, WoW and Hearthstone all come from different universes, but let's presume they don't)

Level 13
Take StarCraft II as reference for new paid content: Skin packs.
I am pretty sure that will come, just look at the bonus for the special edition of Reforged.
Oh yes, yes, we are all pretty certain they're coming, and that the ingame shop for microtransactions will most probably be available seconds after release. Though the pace of the skins coming out will depend on how successful a game is, we're all pretty certain they're coming.
What I meant with the thread is if we get a large(expansion like, like Legacy of the Void for Starcraft) DLC, you know the ones that acctually give us extra content, what do you hope to see in it, or what do you think we'd most likely see in it? Those won't come unless the game is successful.

Last edited:
Level 13
Check this:Ultimate Battles.Everything you wanted has already been made by fans(for FREE).

Maybe Blizzard would steal some ideas of our modders to make its own DLC in the future,who knows...
Yeah, I know about that. But it's only for Classic. They only use custom models. And at least to me they won't look good with Reforged environment. I mean at least to me they'll look like Betty Boop(chartoon character from early 1930s and late 1920s) in the middle of Arendell(setting of Frozen).

Level 6
at least to me they won't look good with Reforged environment
Are you expecting Blizzard or Lemonsky Studio to make more HD models as DLCs?Well,I'm not sure if it's a good idea.Such a bold move could stifle our willing to share our works for free,which in my opinion was the very foundation of Wc3:Classic 18 years ago.

Level 13
Are you expecting Blizzard or Lemonsky Studio to make more HD models as DLCs?Well,I'm not sure if it's a good idea.Such a bold move could stifle our willing to share our works for free,which in my opinion was the very foundation of Wc3:Classic 18 years ago.
Well, yes. If they release new content, they'll release models that go with them. Naturally.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I wouldn't actually like that, the ones we already have are there just as a joke/cross game promotion atempt. I mean OK to get more of these for the credits or stuff, but as a playable race(s), no. Let the universes stay seprate outside of HotS(though I know some people will argue that Warcraft RTS, WoW and Hearthstone all come from different universes, but let's presume they don't)
I'm particularly referring for custom games so we can make our StarCraft/Diablo campaigns/maps if we want to since for instance Diablo has no map-campaign editor. Actually, neither does StarCraft II have a campaign editor or section within it.
Or at least, have them make an easier way for us to port the resources from those games to Warcraft III.

Status
Not open for further replies.