• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi people!
Just want to share this awesome mod that i recently discover, it's the thing i always want to see and it's finally being made.
Warcraft 3 Reborn try to change all old originals models of warcraft 3 for the new ones of WoW and Heroes of the Storm.
here are some images from modDB

45.png

40.png

50.png

The mod is actually on alpha phase and it's looks very promising, the original mod is in Russian, but they are also planning to do english version soon.
Just wanted to see what do you guys think, and show some support to the authors.
If anyone is interested check this link
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wc3r

aclaration: i'm not the author of this mod, just sharing. sorry for my bad english :p

I gotta say I'm impressed how true to the original art style this is...

It's neat that they don't try to add realistic looking models to it and instead fully embraced the comic look.

But I want to be honest here: the WC3 remake in SC2 makes much more sense from a technical point of view than the WC3 remake in WC3...

imo it looks nothing like the original art style aside from both being cartoonish. wc3's art style was high contrast and angular, whereas this mod looks way too soft and rounded. it was also somewhat dark and grunge-y, not to warhammer levels, but much moreso than this mod's hybrid wow-dota2 visuals. the sc2 mod looks closer to wc3 in terms of art style

on to this mod though, ehhh i think it's redundant. nobody that plays wc3 cares about graphics, and nobody that cares about graphics will be attracted to play wc3 by this mod (which does little more but add a few hundred polygons per unit)

Level 8
I hope this (w3reborn) its a joke. It can see clearly in those picture the models the texture looks like a stupid ''Age Game Squares''.
realy they don't care about the story ,they have so stupid decision they just want to crash the older W3 ,also W3 don't need a reborn.
I hope this thread will not succeed.

Level 22
I hope this (w3reborn) its a joke. It can see clearly in those picture the models the texture looks like a stupid ''Age Game Squares''.
realy they don't care about the story ,they have so stupid decision they just want to crash the older W3 ,also W3 don't need a reborn.
I hope this thread will not succeed.
Please do not speak ill of something just because you don't like it.

Level 8
I know i was a little hard but can i tell you my friend something.
It's not better for us too keep the older version ??
If will be changed, doesn't mean it's good .Should we really need a ,,reborn" version just because we got bored with the older version?
Should we my friend?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
MURDER KING said:

1. Your attitude has been quite bad and insulting lately. Watch your tone.
2. Neither the creator of this thread nor anyone else here is responsible for this mod, so be careful whom to insult. Or, even better, don't fucking insult anyone.
3. You are allowed to have your own opinion, but others, who disagree with you, are free to have their own opinion as well. If you want your own opinion to be respected and to be more than just mindless babbling, you should respect theirs as well.
4. For fuck's sake, if you don't like it, don't waste yours or anyone's time with your bad behaviour. Seriously.
5. I don't give a damn about this "WarCraft 3 Reborn", but your behaviour is insulting my intelligence.

Level 8
In the first time :
1.I apologized when I said I was too hard with this Warcraft Reborn mod.
2.I haven't insulted no one from the Hive(i'm not that stupid).
3.I hope Shar Dundred next time we meet we find ourselves in is not the same posture.
4.I Apologize Again to the Creator of this Thread and to the other users for my insult angain this thread and for my behavior.

Level 11
I'd much rather have the lowpoly original models than these lame cartoonish shits blizzard just shat out. Blizzard is not what it used to be...

Not really Blizzards shit they are putting out...
Unfortunately two things sell nowdays when it comes to gaming:

1) Cartoonish Graphics. (Because you can't really fuck that up)
2) Ultra HD realistic Graphics. (Because todays gamers are spoiled.)

Any other art style receives so much bashing and hate by today's 'gamers' that it's almost impossible for developers. People's expectations for graphic quality are insane; because of this you see cartoonish art styles from devs because it's more easily accepted and if your art style is cartoon, well people just accept that.

Gone are the days when games were good just because they were fun to play... Boy do I miss the N64 Days.

On topic, this is a pretty cool thread. Thanks for sharing.

I'd much rather have the lowpoly original models than these lame cartoonish shits blizzard just shat out. Blizzard is not what it used to be...

Gone are the days of normal graphics that were neither too realistic nor too cartoonish. Warcraft 4 will be a great example of children cartoons, I hope I'm wrong.

Comparing older Blizzard games with newer already makes a huge difference in art style, everything is much more saturated and cartoony.

For example Diablo 3 was cartoony with (million effects on the screen (flashing magic spells)), the story however was dark. And it put me off to see dark story told in a cartoony light art style of the game. Dissapointed.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
God damn it I want this so badly..

@graphics
I think Blizzard is doing a wonderful jobs with their art. I play WoW, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm they all look great.
Blizzard games are somewhat simple (compared to most new games), however they are so well made.
Saying that it's bad is bullshit. You maybe prefer one art style over another, but saying that the quality itself is bad.. as said.. bullshit.

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Wow, I can't wait for these kinds of resources will be uploaded. Keep going!~

Level 4
Wow, I am really interested in this mod, for two reasons.
1st it features High quality textures and models that allow other modelers like me to create new models with "ingame" textures which would greately reduce the filesize for quite detailed models.
and 2nd it has one model style, it differs a little bit from the original art style, with a little more saturated textures and such (Even though that difference litterally just comes from the tools blizzard had 2003 in comparision with the tools you can use today. Look at the textures, they are cartoony, very cartoony, and the saturation comes from the render engine and the way these low detail textures are processed)
But all in all these models are in one consistant art style. And that is something most HQ models and textures don't have. And I see it a lot with mappers and terrainers that use a broad mix of standart models, models with standart textures and models from HQ model packs. Most HQ character models are based on the WoW Characters, and so they have these slanky physiques and animations, that even though being HQ don't work in WC3.

I hope this pack gets finnished and released and does not end as many promising wc3 mods and maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.