• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warcraft 3 (classic) ; coolest mods (dead projects, and active ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings, all dear forum residents!

today, i wanna try make a post about warcraft 3 most interesting and coolest mods , which have ever been completed or which were planned to be completed.
Some of them , still available and playable, but some of them, no longer available , with any contact, and im very confused , why not.

Important: if each piece of information is incorrect, please help me to correct it.

let's get started.

1. Warcraft: reborn.

Reborn was the first mod, which was not just a total conversion, but is also contain a total graphical mod.
for me, it was one of the ones that piqued my interest the most during my research

( The mod is half-dead, can be found, but unfortunately cannot be downloaded.)

2. Return Of the storm.

Storm is a simply Modell modification, with better models.

( the maker is still working on it, so, it may not be discarded ).
it is worth mentioning to me on the list, as the models promise good quality textures

3. Rebirth.

Rebirth is a cool Modell, ground, mod.
Also worth mentioning in the list , a still good Modell modification.
( U can still found and available to download it.)

4. Dota allstarst Rebirth.

Since warcraft 3 includes the very first dota mode,
there is no question that over time a little embellishment would fit on it.

(I don't know the exact details of this mod, what will happen to it later, but it is worth mentioning, based on the pictures so far, how the creator (s) want to demonstrate their mod)

5. warforged mod.

warforged is the possibly one of the best, available mod, u can play it in classic warcraft .
Its not just a better modell mod,it contain very nice and beautyful spell animations , complete new in-game theme, ui, sounds, etc.
this mod have a "brother" version, claforged.
u need to know about this mod, its contain latin unit sounds, so if u doesnt know latin language , dont really need to replace the unit sounds.
warforged have a really nice community in facebook, im in this comunnity and im really enjoy how their do everything.

if u interested about ,how reforged modells lokking in classic, i can say u , this is the bossibly best one, which is await u to trying out.

Thats all for me now,because
if I were to start listing all the modes available, I could sit here until day and night 😄
I tried to list the most interesting ones, if there is anything you would like to add feel free to do

pyf

pyf

Level 32
3. Rebirth.

Rebirth is a cool Modell, ground, mod.
Also worth mentioning in the list , a still good Modell modification.
( U can still found and available to download it.)
Those who would want to give the latest version (8thRelease.rar) a try, should not forget to download cagefix.rar and CentaurArcherFix.rar as well afterwards.

** Update **

1. Warcraft: reborn.

[...]

( The mod is half-dead, can be found, but unfortunately cannot be downloaded.)
Care about some necromancy?
:grin:

- Деревья, тайлы и клиффы летнего Лордерона(wowstyle)
59703817.jpg

- Рыцарь(Wow style)
s93567566.jpg

- Пак женщин из WoW
22155753.jpg

- Стрелок Дворфов(Wow style)
s65405526.jpg

- Новая текстура воды
12388026.jpg

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
In case there are still any WC3 modding enthusiasts out there (considering how many people have posted / reacted so far), I suggest them to give Tiny Units a try. For the record, I know that one since 2015 when I first revisited the game, to see what was new and interesting to run it with.

It is best played with an extra modification that allows to zoom in / zoom out at will (like WFE for example), to hit the sweet spot between the size of the units and the one of the buildings. It imho gives the game that AoE 2 feel...

v1.4.8 works best with v1.26a, while the latest version was created with v1.27b in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.