• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I may have mentioned this before but I would really like to see the Chaos Orc Peons/Kodos in the RoC orc campaigns fixed.
At the moment, the kodo is a worked and the peon is not. This make Grom's mission really annoying and makes the last chapter considerably easier because the AI wont attack with the kodos even if provoked.
There are also some annoying things like the footmen in the second to last mission being neutral isntead of enemy.

Also, voice acting in the demo/prologue campaign >:C
Its already in the demo game, so it would make wonders!

Level 12
Ok, this is gonna be a long one, one after the other..

Undecided:
* functionality full of the function native: SetUnitScale(unit, X, Y, Z) -> Enable Y and Z.
Hm, apart from some nice visual effects this is not of too much use, right?. (that's right, but what do you think about this suggestion?¿)Not worth the effort, will not be used often and breaks a lot of old maps visuals unless a new native is introduced.

- Control full of Missiles in warcraft 3 to through triggers (Needs: More Attacks Event "begins, launch, finish" , detection of damage in triggers for all units, also detection of launches projectile and impacts, etc)
The attack events and the getdamagetype proposals are already in there, which enables a lot in the realm of projectile detection. As for complete control over projectiles, I thought about this but it's just an huge amount of work to create a whole projectile API which can be done easily with a projectile system by the mapper. (ok then simply, detect missile launch, Impacts and remove missile. Through new triggers)Missile launch and impact can be detected with other suggestions already in the list. For a simple remove missile native you would need new event natives, a new native type, and so on. So either one builds a full missile API or none at all. None at all is my current choice but I will put a point in the list in "undecided"

Unfinished:
- Needs: A function or spell that does see the controls and skills of a unit allied/enemy, not touchable.
Hm, this should probably be an alliance setting and would be rather easy to implement.. hm hm (yes, One way to observe the movements and the cooldown on spells of some ally / enemy units , equal to Dota 2.) It would be even more useful if one could do it per unit, not only per player. Shifting this to "unfinished" while I think of the best proposal, as for example showing/hiding other ui elements with this native too would be even more awesome..

- Stacks Customizable for spells, aura and buffs, (Example, orb lightning + barrage, Wind Walk + Wind Walk doble Stack, etc.). Also Customizable Aura equal to Channel.
Sorry, no. This undermines all hardcoded mechanics and should be left to the mapper as it's not that hard to do. (okay)

- Buffs with Events and Trigger Control. (Add custom Buffs equal to Channel in the world editor)
I do not see a big use for this. (For buffs system equal to http://www.thehelper.net/threads/buffstruct.130069/) Srry, in my opinion this is not worth it.

-Correction and update of objects, of type image. Update of lightning effects and triggers.
Ok, the image API is not finished, but can you specifiy what exactly you want updated (except probably that images no longer need an alpha border). And what should be changed about lightning effects? (Image: rendering an image on a larger scale, also the memory leak "http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-263410.html". Lightning effects: Add other effects not equal to NoiseScale, as circular rays, zig zag, etc. Lightning effects not have a native function to scale. "Optional: Each of the ends of the lighting effects are conical. This option can be changed?" )Rendering an image on a large scale? Thats totally possible as far as I know. Memory leak of images? Eh no, I won't suggest to just remove image memory leaks. Memory leaks are a overall problem and removing one of them does not help. As for lightning properties, I would again say if one wants something very special he should resort on modeling. These are good suggestions, but there are just too many other points that come before improving the one thing which is lightnings

- Detection and customization of Cheats in single player.
Who wants to cheat in such a game should do so imo. Such an addition is also not worth it as players can simply change the script file.(true, but even, no way to capture the trick strings. XD)Ye I know..:nw:

Other:
- Change the effect (birth,attack,walk,etc) of launch SFX model how a normal model.
Do you mean that special effects should be able to play animations?, (Yep)This is a very much requested feature. I'm searching for a way to get tinkering with models at runtime in wc3 to the next level which as small work as possible. This is only a small step but I guess easy to implement

I want Blizz to :
* enable support for textures greater than 512x512 dimension
In the list
* enable support for single animated texture layer in a material
I'm not a modeler and not exactly know what that means but animated textures are supported. Could you explain the difference?
* enable support for texture masking
Hm, if I understand right the most basic use of texture masks is similar to an alpha channel? As I said I'm a modeling noob and I would really need someone to wager what is most beneficial..

Some more suggestions:
-Fix the mouse-mash exploit (mashing the left mouse button (clicking/selecting it rapidly) on a building structure will make it build faster with each click)
As Dracolich said, this is non-existant
-Add AA (Anti Aliasing)
With full hd and especially 4k that is not so much of a problem. Also many graphic cards do support adding AA. So that's a pass.
-Add real-time shadows and HDR (better lighting FTW)
That alone is in no way gonna rescue wc3 graphics wise. If you are knowledeable, put together a list which modeling tinkering related stuff should be done at top priority and has a not too high implementation cost and post it.
-Make Warcraft 4 xD
Not part of this list ;)

I think when you load the game all levels of abilities in a spell book are reset. This should be fixed ;)
Tested and you are right, never knew this. Added to the list. If you know any more problems occuring in a loaded game please post them.
edit:
I also believe that some icon positions might be messed up when multiple icons have the same UI coordinates.
True, but that really can be the duty of the mapper.
And what about multiplayer campaigns, storing characters on a server?
Ralle brought up a proposal elsewhere, namely TCP natives, which is what you say probably. If you're for it, suggest some natives with explanation. How exactly should it work? Considering TCP has no security, syncing with other players, etc..
The best thing would be if you could join a game after it has been started. Then we would have real servers like in other games.
Indeed but this is against the very nature of so much code in wc3 that it should actually be on the "declined" list..

I wish they will find a way to traduce JASS to GUI. Nothing Else
Do you mean that GUI should be equally powerful as JASS? That won't happen. A little cleanup would be nice though. If we're putting a point in the list to clean up GUI, it should clearly state which GUI function should be changed and what GUI elements should be added. If you or someone can provide a list I would be grateful, as it's quite an extensive task. Putting this in the "unfinished" category meanwhile.

Ezekiel12 said:
Hi Draco. I know your struggle and what you are working on. I love DotA too and it's the reason I started this list. But thinking about it I came to the conclusion that I can not just make demands what DotA 1 needs right now. A list centered only on that would sound stupid to most map makers and only be of temporary use, as more things are going to change. So I'm trying to make this as universally applicable as possible, for the whole community.

map size limit should be completely removed. like why the hell it ever have to have any cap?
At the time it seemed reasonble as 4/8mb was quite something to download and to forbid trolls and file sharing maybe too? Now it can be larger. Wc3 crashes for mpqs/maps over a certain size though, well before the 2gb/4gb limit. Some fast tests showed that it's unsafe above ~700mb, maybe less. I will reformulate it a bit more diplomatic begging asking for as much as possible.

Things I've really needed so far:
1. Unit event "missile fired"
"release attack" event is on the list
2. Unit event "on attack - evasion count" (or any wrapper for evasion on any unit)
Too niche imo. There are quite many corner cases where an attack can be evaded. Trigger evasion with dds or 100% blind buffs on the attacking unit should be sufficient.
3. Native "EvadeMissiles(u,evadeMagic,evadePhysic)" (currently being used by Blink, Mirror image and few others)
Too niche. Hiding, unhiding and readding the unit to the selection if it was selected before should do the job, right? Either a full projectile API or nothing imo
4. Native "SetSpecialEffectXY(fx,x,y)", "MoveSpecialEffectAttach (fx,widget,newattachpoint)" (for ground fx and fx on widgets)
Thinking about adding it but moving a dummy which has the special effect attached is a workaround ofc
5. CD Natives "GetAbilityCooldownById(id)", "SetAbilityCooldownById(id)", "StartAbilityCooldownById(u,id)", "ResetAbilityCooldownById(u)";
In the list.
6. Silence Natives "SilenceAbilityById(u,id,silence)"
Not needed if one can set the cooldown
7. Natives "ShowAbilityOnPanel(id,boolean)", "ShowAbilityOnPanelSingle(u,id,boolean)"
Currently working on a formulation for this. I think one native for this is enough.
8. Fix broken "maximum speed" to allow movespeed over 522
In the list
9. Fix broken pathfinding algo or add a native "RecountPathingIfNeeded(u)" so units wont' turn around in case if jumps over next waypoint.
A new native is way too specific. You are probably hinting at the triggered movement over 522ms problems and similar things. It will mostly be gone when ms above 522 is allowed.
A general veeeeery slight improvement in pathfinding might is welcomed though. Many players coming back from e.g. sc2 complain about the stupid ways units run sometimes. Mind though that for compatibility to old maps and the general gameplay that involves the exact specifics of the pathfinding only very little must change. Taking it in the list

10. Add alliance setting "SHARED_PANEL" which will allow allies to see unit's skills but won't allow to use any of them.
Working on that, maybe in combination with your point 7.
11. Add alliance setting "SHARED_CONTROL_SINGLE" which will allow to control units with new custom ability "Controllable"
Versatile suggestion, but too complicated. A single native would be better. My head makes me think I once knew a trick to do this but I can not remember right now. Will put it in the list under "unfinished"

Allow set upgrade level
should not be implemented, as the work to make this bug-free probably far outweighs the convenience benefits, which can also be reached by using a workaround
actually, according to source code of WC3, it uses a loop to increase levels one by one until required. there are no real reason to not have negative loop function as well, just oversight
I think it will bring ugly bugs to the daylight. Apart from that, the benefits are only to achieve some things easier. A new native to directly set widget fields would be the best thing but that's just crash crash crash probably..

I would like to hear suggestions to JASS the language itself. Is there anything of use? Keep in mind that we have vJASS, etc though. I can not think of anything too useful.
-increase maximum string length
-improve execution speed :hohum:

Last edited:
Level 19
there are dozen niche natives already in jass, can't see how few more hooks (they are small, i knew what to choose) will hurt.
about fx on dummies - I want non-unit fx 'cause I can spoof dummy's model into different one. For instance, space cow's Charge of darkness has visual indicator over the target. But its visible only if target is visible. Dummy unit - i'll spoof it and will know every charge's target. Moveable FX? Impossible. Got the point? It's niche as well, but since it's the same concept as normal widget handling, can't see why we should ignore it.

Basically Im trying to suggest things which required by the most popular map in the world so far. Its barely "niche", but ok, call it w/e you want.

Edit:
Just a note about TCP connections. Im clearly see where it's going but thats much worse than return bug. It allows to create a small bot-nets with unknown purposes simply by playing map. Such vulnerable mechanic not gonna hit the release anyhow.

Ok, this is gonna be a long one, one after the other..

//////////////////////////
---Under Construction----
////////////////////////

I would like to hear suggestions to JASS the language itself. Is there anything of use? Keep in mind that we have vJASS, etc though. I can not think of anything too useful.
-increase maximum string length
-improve execution speed :hohum:
Animated textures do work, but in a buggy way. Having a multi-layer material with one animated texture will result in either no layer moving or all layers moving, based on position of the animated layer.
And texture masking is the technique of making only a certain part of a texture affected by texture manipulation.
Imagine you want to paint letters on the wall, but you have only a spray can, so what do you do? You cover the wall with a plate that has letters for holes, and you spray over that plate to get letters on wall, and paint doesn't touch the parts of the wall that are covered by plate. That's how texture masking works.

Level 19
Oh, almost forgot. Properly adding sounds into the map.
Currently, you cannot add a sound into your map if you have its name anywhere in the script.
This happens 90% of the times I try to do so.
Even if you dont save the map, as long as there is a (for example) gg_snd_GoodJob in any of your triggers, regardless of whether it is in GUI or in JASS2, you cannot add the GoodJob sound into your map.

I do not know why that happens, and I do not know how to fix it (besides deleting/changing the used sound variable).
It randomly dissappears when I restart the editor but 90% of the time it doesnt go away.
I've seen this happen on different computers on Win 7/XP/Vista

Also, manipulating cliffs. Something like:
JASS:
native SetCliffType takes real x, real y, clifftype /* or integer, like armor types */ cliffType returns boolean // Returns whether it succeeded
native SetCliffHeight takes real x, real y, integer cliffHeight returns boolean // Returns whether it succeeded
native SetCliffTypeLoc takes location loc, clifftype cliffType returns boolean // For completeness
native SetCliffHeightLoc takes location loc, integer cliffHeight returns boolean // Again, for completeness

Level 19
My suggestions to this:
abilities:
-Allow configuring which spells does magic resistance block
-Allow channel to become an aura (why not?)
-Fix all the abilities that do nothing when leveled up/break when leveled up (such as item abilities, cloud, burning oil, and others)
-Allow for item abilities to stack when added to a unit(such as the attack claws)
-Allow stacking critical chances, evasion changes, lifesteal and others of the kind.
-Fix mana siphon (right now you can't transfer mana to allies, or health to that matter)
-Fix incinerate (the damage accumulating just doesn't work)
-Fix incinerate arrow (does this even do anything?)
-Fix defend (I know that you know...)
-Fix Inferno Locust bug (you can't give locust to the summon of inferno)
-Add the Item add permanent damage ability to the list, and not just hide it.
-Add Item add permanent mana/defense/life regen/mana regen/attack speed/movement speed ability (so a tome ability for each stat)
-Add a spell that allows to change the damage/armor type of a unit without changing the unit
-Add spells that use the damage of the caster

Jass:
-Add a way to detect the main stat of a hero
-Add item orders for units/heros
-Add point comparisons and conditions (if target point of ability being cast is == your point variable, do actions)
-Add a way of adding buffs via triggers
-Add a way of giving expire time to items
-Allow for new shape regions to be created using points (triangles, ovals, irregular figures)
-Allow the detection of damage and armor types of units and heros easily.
-Allow the detection of a unit's/hero's damage before attacking.

Stats:
-Increase the maximal speed of units
-Remove the bonus of ability to defense and replace it with something else that makes more sense (because when you become faster you get more armor right?)

Editor:
-Remove the limit to destructibles and complements
-Double max map size for LAN/battlenet
-Make cliffs look more decent or add a special sight blocker for slopes

Level 19
you can, check game constants
way too niche and easily doable with basic trigger

1. Really? it was in game constants? o well
2. I was mostly talking about removing items created via triggers, not to remove the remains of hero tomes. I know you can do that, but you can't for example have a spell that creates items with duration, unless you delete all the items at the same time. An item expiration timer would allow for each of those items to expire individually.

Level 19
Previous part:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-27-wish-list-257163/index10.html#post2782665

JASS:
Add native GetObjectData(integer objectID, string dataname) (maybe vaious GetObjectDataInt()/GetObjectDataStr()/... for diferent data values?)
Basically this will allow to get object's properly like movespeed: GetObjectData(GetUnitTypeId(u),"spd"). dataname - exact match for values from SLK tables. "spd" - 35th column of Unitbalance.slk

Objects:
increase item tooltip length from ~512 to 1024 symbols
Fix but when adding items/units for selling to the shops didn't attach proper hotkey for them (no binds whatsoever, only for units which sells there from the start)

Level 9
This thread is really interesting, but if you want my opinion, I doubt Blizzard will ever implement any of the things requested here. I'm not even convinced that they will actually release a new patch, but if they do, then probably they will not make any changes that would "break compatibility" (i.e causing maps for the new patch to not run on previous patches). Maybe they will make balance changes and fix a couple of bugs, but that would be all. (I'd love to be surprised though)

But if you guys still have hopes for new features, then I suggest that you post everything you want, even if it's something that's already possible to implement with some hack or trick (and to those that are quoting people's posts saying "this is already possible to do", stop it!). I say this because Blizzard is not going to implement anything by themselves if they find out that it's somehow possible to do it now.

Level 19
adding new natives won't break old maps. only extremal cases with name spoofing by natives, but that's all. and bugs which causes fatal errors or undefined behaviour cannot bt used anyhow by mapmakers and therefore free to fix. but, of course, we don't expect simple bugfix.

I'd like to keep sceptic as well, but if I'll be silence and Blizzard actually do something, I'll blame myself for missing features. On the other hand, I can blame them for ignorance. So, it's win-win.

Level 25
Did anybody already suggest natives for changing the minimap? When you change the camera bounds the minimap stays the same and won't be zoomed in to the specific rect.
So either something like:
JASS:
native SetMinimapForPlayer takes player whichPlayer, string texturePath returns nothing
native ResetMinimapForPlayer takes player whichPlayer returns nothing
or support for zooming in to a specific region but in that case the resolution might be very very low. An alternative would be to precalculate or calculate specific Minimaps for small rects dynamically and support auto changing of the minimap to the camera bounds.

Level 19
Fix known gamebreaking bugs which used by hackers:
1. Imminent game sync on unpause event. Hacker can spam packets with this event to the server and it will force every player to sync. Do it 10 times per second and everybody gonna freeze, cause syncing disables player's control. Possible solution - add a check if game is paused or player had pause available before starting syncing.

2. Imminent game sync on alliance setup event. Same as before. Possible fix - unknown, maybe add a limit of how often you can change alliance per second (1 per second, really, why more?)

Level 19
One more thing:
improve all tooltips the same way as research tooltip:
Learn X - Level %d
So I can use %d in tip, tooltip and any other text field in order to input ability's level. Currently it's only availabe for researching. It wont break old maps 'cause nobody uses %d in tips anyway.

Level 19
Make items as manipulable as units by:
-Adding item groups
-Allowing to remove and add abilities from items
-Allow items to acquire buffs (in order to make buff spells that affect items)
-Allow items to be used by themselves and not just by giving it to a unit/hero (so we don't have to add extra lines)
-Allowing to lock camera on items
-Allowing to easily summon items with spells
Groups:
-Allow setting the limit of saved units/items a group can have before setting the actual group (so the variable that sets the group stops itself when reaching the limit)
-Add Hero group for hero only actions

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

A default option/ way to protect custom maps created in the World Editor from further edit.

Level 19
A default option/ way to protect custom maps created in the World Editor from further edit.

I support this with all violence, if it includes a system to allow certain people to open the map (your friends/helpers/minions)

On some extra notes:
1. Allowing to add/remove the upgrades a unit use (in order to mess up more with the upgrade system)
2. A damage type changing upgrade (so we can change defense type and offense too!)

I support this with all violence, if it includes a system to allow certain people to open the map (your friends/helpers/minions)
Guess the best would be to have an option when saving which wouldn't overwrite the basic map, so that you've got 2 versions of the map, one modifiable and the other non modifiable which you will share to the public. Maybe with a different filename (.w3p with p for protected ?), this way people wouldn't have to try opening a map to see if it's protected or not and would solve the problem of messing up.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Guess the best would be to have an option when saving which wouldn't overwrite the basic map, so that you've got 2 versions of the map, one modifiable and the other non modifiable which you will share to the public. Maybe with a different filename (.w3p with p for protected ?), this way people wouldn't have to try opening a map to see if it's protected or not and would solve the problem of messing up.
Except there is a flaw with that idea, quite a big one. How does one make a map "non modifiable" exactly? As long as Warcraft III can read it, it can read a changed version of it.

Level 3
What I'd like to see is being able to use all tile textures and all cliff types in a single map, regardless of chosen tileset. I don't even know why it isn't possible by default; seems like a completely arbitrary limit (don't think it makes a significant difference in terms of resource usage).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't even know why it isn't possible by default
Because only 4 bits are reserved for tile variation and another 4 bits for cliff variation. This gives a maximum possible variation of 16 tile types and 16 cliffs. Now you know the reason why tiles are limited to 16.

Why cliffs are limited to 2 though is just an arbitrary limit.

You can actually include all tiles and all cliffs in your terrain. However only the first 16 tiles can be accessed and only the first 2 cliffs will be used.

(don't think it makes a significant difference in terms of resource usage).
It made a huge difference back when WC3 was released and most GPUs had under 32 megabytes of graphic memory. They could not physically load all the textures at the same time.

Level 5
  • add clean up functions like (RemoveLocation DestroyGroup etc ....) directly in GUI
  • add 2D Arrays
  • a Debug function to estimate leaks directly in jass
  • fix wait bug or increase the accuracy of wait function like starcraft2
  • fix Terrain deformation`s Leak
  • add GetZ function directly to GUI and fix desyncs caused by using this function
  • add unit-Damage with checking the type of damage to Events (instead of using Damage detectors)
  • add vjass language to original Worldedit (instead of using Vexorian`s Buggy toy)
  • Remove 8mb map size limit (i hate this)
  • Remove Doodad and Destructibles limit
  • add a Third-Person Camera Function (instead of using vjass systems)
  • add a system to add buffs to units directly via GUI/Jass
  • add change Roll yaw pitch functions
  • add a Unit-removed and a Unit-Created Events
  • add a Dummy Unit to Units with special properties like don`t get counted as a active unit in Scores
  • add Special effect Duration function and get removed automatically after expiring
  • Fix Hashtables functions that currently cause worldedit Crash
  • Add a special ability like Channel for Passive abilities
  • Add GetHeroMainAttribute to jass
  • Add set/getUnitDamage Set/getUnitRange Set/getunitArmor functions to GUI and jass
  • Remove 525 cap from Unit-MovementSpeed
  • add a new and accurate Path checking system
  • add more functions related to SpellBook like change slot
  • add a system to access Upgrades in Triggers
  • add setUnitZ function to GUI/jass ( instead of lame Animation-Flying-Height )
  • add specific way to change scale of unit like Increase Z of unit or Y of unit

thats it but i don`t think we would ever have 1.27 patch

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If running D3D9 or higher with sRGB texture support then the shader display buffer should be made sRGB with gamma setting then acting as additional "brightness" adjustment. Many people do not understand how to use the existing gamma setting correctly so end up playing with distorted colors.

Screenshots saved by the game should automatically be gamma corrected to sRGB either by dumping the sRGB buffer content (if available) or automatically applying a gamma of 2.2. Currently they are in linear color space which is not preview friendly.

Image showing what I mean.
152519d1456288522-how-produce-high-quality-warcraft-iii-screenshots-b-comparison.jpg

Top left is uncorrected linear RGB screenshot. Top right is corrected sRGB screenshot. Others are corrected screenshot at different and possibly more bearable brightness.

Level 19
tumblr_nu3514cT131uaf1hpo1_1280.png

We just know this is gonna happen.
Anyway, my next set of suggestions:

1. Rewramp the skill system so you can easily detect who is affected by an area skill
2. Make Lure work
3. Fix Taunt
4. Create actually functional upgrade abilities (the ones that do nothing, know should do something)
5. NERF BLADEMASTER (YES)
6. Nerf stuns and slows
7. Allow for slows to stack up
8. Enable multiple water tinting colors
9. Fix the AI (if that's even possible)

Level 19
  • Add native to show natural "error" messages (DisplayErrorMessageToPlayer/Force) with optional boolean "play default error sound"
  • Fix moving text with DisplayText natives moves every other lines above it as well
  • Add client-side wrappers for every local error. For instance when player orders the unit he cannot afford by cost or food, it throws error and no traffic send. Basically we need a events which will trigger on such errors. Of course there are no need to make it traffic-able, just note that "all content here goes local only", just like with GetLocalPlayer() stuff

Level 28
There is this visual bug where if you play NE and load a game there will be small floating wisps/particles on some places. Warseeker are we talking about the same bug?

Maybe? Sometime a load-game can screw some praticles of your last saved game, E.g : I don't know if this happen to me only but Items spawn when you pick them then save and load the game you'll see there still some kind black shade just under the picked item spawn, I had to disable Units Shade option in order to fix this.
My problem with the NE or Undead building is : It start normal then after a load a saved game, the birth animation of those building is completely screwed.Even I'm using the highiest quality of Warcraft, I dunno the reason behind it.
Tho, Sometime a load-game can even infect triggers, E.g : Ruin the current difficulty level.

Level 19
Delusional desire: improve targeting system. Like dota2' one:
if you hover the target which isn't valid game WON'T highlight it and follow "no target" case. If spell could be targeted on units only, it will fire "select target" error. If spell could target land, it will fire on pointed land. no more "invalid target" case at all.

Level 20
Having heard that there's an incoming movie of warcraft and it will be release this year. Blizzard is showing us a hope that we must think of. I doubt they talked about it that they'll tackle about Warcraft Developments after their StarCraft 2 is finished ( which is nearly ) so it is very possible that our wish will be granted.

Level 11
Delusional desire: improve targeting system. Like dota2' one:
if you hover the target which isn't valid game WON'T highlight it and follow "no target" case. If spell could be targeted on units only, it will fire "select target" error. If spell could target land, it will fire on pointed land. no more "invalid target" case at all.

The only thing I want from the dota 2 targeting system, is quickcast. It doesn't even have to be an option change, which, upon ticking, casts the spell on the mouse hovered target.
I would just like a native GetMouseHover.

Status
Not open for further replies.