• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch 1.22 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Those patch notes may not be final thus I did not post them (will be posted when it moves out of testing).
Also, please point out the bug instead of calling companies names as it is useful to know bugs, even if it is minor.

If you think Blizzard is bad, go play something from sierra or EA, then you will get a whole new meaning of "lame".

Level 15
The most simple way to return WC3 from hlalf dead is to give patches with best of the best players and modders ideas. Or models would be a nice addition to war3. They should release a patch with a new race, or units, but most of all: models icons and effects. Oh and editor extensions.

Level 12
No dummy, so you can use better graphics, this site has some serious modellers, but cannot do high graphics with war3's engine

Level 4
WTF! i downloaded the patch and now WC3 wont work it says "Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe. Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again" Ok? i thought the previous patch removed the need for the disc, also i dont have the original ROC disc so i cant reinstall

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hum guys, I strongly recommend you don't download patch 1.22 yet.
It seems someone found out that the patch is missing a file that allows Windows to read Warcraft 3, thus leading it not to work on thousands of computers.

Also, as expected, JassNewGenPatch is no longer compatible with the 1.22 World Editor.

I for one, will wait until this is fixed and only then will I download the patch.

Here is the changelog anyway:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY

Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- The game is now automatically saved in the event of a potential
disconnect. These saved games are placed in the "save" folder.
- Player color selection can now be limited by the number of players in
the game using an option in the "Advanced Options" screen during game
creation.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.
- Added a new in-game cheat "maxfps" to limit the maximum frame rate to
the given number. Example: "maxfps 30" will set the maximum frame rate
to 30 FPS.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.
- Fixed DotA-specific sound effects on Intel Macs.
- Fixed sound falloff on Intel Macs. Distant sounds should now still be
audible.

MAPS

- New maps from contest winners:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades
They actually fixed a DotA-related bug. And where are GUI/JASS changes? How selfish.

EDIT:
You can download the fix from this page, however, it is not an official page, so download at your own risk.

Last edited:
Level 34
New problem whoop di do: I play on Northrend, I log on, download the patch and then it says Restart. I click it, it exits and then.. nothing. It doesn't restart. I fire Wc3 up again and log in and guess what? ''Downloading Patch..'', ''Please press Restart game''. I already tried to restart my computer, I have downloaded&installed that vcredits program. NOTHING.

Edit: It has nothing to do with windowed mode. Tried non-windowed and windowed.

Level 4
wtf... how the hell did Blizzard just "MISS" that soughta thing? and im guessing i wont be the only person who is very pissed of at blizzard right now F***!!! How long til they fix it i cant play warcraft for the moment, huff

Level 4
If not fire them, slam their head into a filing cabinet numerous times (so as to never miss a file again), but seriously does anyone know how long it will take, also where do i download the patch from other than on wc3 before i sign in to bnet cause my wc3 just does auto updates when i sign in.

Level 3
Ive now lost basicly everything of my maps cuz of that sh*** patch , wtf am i to beleave that blizzard has nothing but some amatures working on warc3 for them?

on a anohter thing what am i now suppose to do?

Level 19
If not fire them, slam their head into a filing cabinet numerous times (so as to never miss a file again), but seriously does anyone know how long it will take, also where do i download the patch from other than on wc3 before i sign in to bnet cause my wc3 just does auto updates when i sign in.

Well google the last patch which I believe is 1.21b and patch the game manually.

Level 3
it wasnt a dota fix it had somthing to do with the optimizer program but still how long has it been 2 years ? for this =/ humans lol towers repaire cost wel it was to be expected.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I regret having updated to patch 1.22.
Battle.Net is super slow as I'm writing this (and I confirmed, it's not only for me). The balance of the game doesn't seem to have changed that much, and now I can't use JASSNewGen for who knows how long...

Level 34
Dude, I got a worse situation which I already mentioned but repeat again: I start up Wc3, try to log in, download the patch, it says Restart, I wait for it to restart.. Zippo, nadda, nothing, not even a message or readme stuff. After a reboot and a reinstall, I am utterly lost now. My version is stuck now at v1.07, no 1.22.

Can someone help me out before I just go NUTS OUT HERE?

Status
Not open for further replies.