1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Strategy / Risk] Warcast - Strategy Board/Card game

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sephalo, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcast
    Strategic board game

Warcast is a strategic board game combining the core of popular games like Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, Yu-Gi-Oh, Age of Wonders and Warhammer Fantasy into one multiplayer turn-based game inside Warcraft III.
    It allows players to create their own decks consisting out of a number of cards; leading into various tactical choices into the game.
    Trap aspects of MTG, HS and YGO work very well within a gaming board area like those of the combat in AoW (1 or 2). This combined with the army options from Warhammer and the player’s life (leading into a clear goal of the game) from the various card games gives the game various fun aspects; making it very addictive and fun to play.

Currently the maximum of deck cards is not decided yet, but there will be a variety of different cards available to be put into a deck.
    There will be units, heroes, items, spells, resources and structures to be put into a deck. Each of them will have a different impact on the game itself.
    Most unit cards will summon a regiment of the described unit allowing players to mass units; creating a big army. Those armies can be led by various heroes. These heroes can join the regiments to provide group buffs; resulting into stronger armies.
    Players can also chose to take other approaches like using more spells, items or structures to lead them to victory.
    The focus of the game is to defeat the opponent’s Grand Wizard.
    This wizard has a life pool of 50 life and will be the main character of each player. Grand Wizards are vulnerable to physical contact and are there for kept at special locations on the edges of the battlefield area.

Cards are divided into loyalties and elements.
    Certain units will only fight for a specific race and there for a player has to decide carefully which race he/she picks. An Orc Warrior might only serve an Orc or Troll leader and there for be unavailable for any Human Grand Wizard.
    This works the same for elements, as certain spells only work if a player masters the required element.
    A player can select only 1 race to play with but up to 5 elements. But for each selected element, the player will have to divide his mana pool by the amount of elements. A standard mana pool of 50 will become 25 when playing with 2 elements, or even only 10 when playing with 5 elements.

There are 8 races to chose from when selecting your Grand Wizard: Human, Wood Elf, High Elf, Dwarf, Undead, Orc, Troll and Naga. Remember that a unit can be loyal to multiple races and there for be playable in multiple totally different decks.
    There are 6 different elements to chose from when giving your Grand Wizard magic powers: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Life and Death. Life will only be available to Human, Wood Elf, High Elf and Dwarf players while Death will only be available to Undead, Orc, Troll and Naga players.

I have experience with playing with high success in Yu-Gi-Oh and Warhammer tournaments. Next to that I'm a multi-legend Hearthstone player and have recently started exploring the world of MTG on a side. Because of this I'm quite capable of creating a meta and expecting how a meta works. I already have typical rush, counter and control deck structures ready to be made for a first version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gb0LnA9X0o&index=4&list=PLpjPfm8bsKkKS0xehTxiq8y3oClp1JCKT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T94d9KAgn2Y&index=3&list=PLpjPfm8bsKkKS0xehTxiq8y3oClp1JCKT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQm5xVsEy1g&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxslAO-N0A&index=1&list=PLpjPfm8bsKkKS0xehTxiq8y3oClp1JCKT

Unit Examples
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its finally here! One of the most refined map of its genre(which is pretty rare on the first place). It looks very smooth but I have a question, will there be an AI?

3. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure yet about the AI.
    It would be great to have one in the end. But my focus lies on making this a thrilling game for players vs players.

4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    AI will be great for testing your decks. I will sure play this with my friends a lot when its out since I have no doubt that they will like this.

5. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I know what you mean. AI is really a good addition. But it's also something that's very hard to make and will consume a lot of time.
    Who knows. Maybe one day in a patch or something.

6. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, it doesn't need to be put out quickly. This type of map have many top priorities like flexibility of decks and cards, balance, creating meta etc.

Anyway, good luck on this one.

7. troylowyee

troylowyee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When will this be out?!?!? IM SO EXCITED!!!!!

8. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    When it's done. ;-)
    Can't start working with deadlines.
    For now I feel like there's still a lot to do.
    Have to be patient. :D
    But great to see you like it!

9. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just subsribing so I can follow this !

10. hiphop4eva

hiphop4eva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dammit, probably the hardest thing to do in W3 is AI. I probably will not play this till AI comes out because;
    1. Internet slows down fast. Because of that I can't play in Wepla.
    2. I only have 1 or 2 friends that play Warcraft, and I can't play with them often.

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wait, what... how have i missed this? This looks amazing!!

12. hiphop4eva

hiphop4eva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bumping this awesome game.

13. troylowyee

troylowyee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Upload something so we can test it out soon :D I'll play it many many times!!! SO EXCITED!

14. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been working a bit on the map again.

Conal and AoE spells have been added like:
    Breath of Fire (active):
    Allows the unit to breath fire on nearby enemies. The fire will hit targets in a cone up to 2 fields away dealing damage equal to the unit's attack damage. The damage caused by ‘Breath of Fire’ counts as if the caster has ‘Siege III’ and ‘Fire Strike’.

(Siege increases the damage against structures. Fire Strike makes the damage caused appear as fire which has effects against creatures that have fire weakness like treants per example.)

And now I've started on creating the Shop UI.
    In the shop you can buy yourself card packs with the money you have earned on defeating other players. A funny shopkeeper will assist you with quotes like "Hurry, I got things to blow up!". ;-)

[​IMG]

15. troylowyee

troylowyee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    where can i download the game to try? im so excited for this omg

16. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not available for download yet.
    I'll only release it as a beta when the game actually functions. Now the game is in a way too early stage to be released, but I'm trying to speed things up.
    Since I'm on my own, and not that good with vJASS I'm not fast at all, so it might still take some time for things to come around.

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let me know if you need any help with vJass, i'd love to see this project finished.

18. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Working on the deck editing menu.
    The Blood Elf Spellthief will be helping you out with sounds like "very clever". He's a nice guy after all. I just need a modeler to help me with removing the red glow from the unit. The red glow is kinda ruining the entire UI effect.

I decided to go for a minimum/maximum size of 40 cards per deck. It's easier for me, and in the end makes fatigue decks a real thing too since every player will have the same amount of cards in their decks.

Check this out:

[​IMG]

19. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Subscribing to this thread!

20. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Latest developments are shown in this movie: (uploading might still take around 20min from now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQm5xVsEy1g&feature=youtu.be