• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War3TFT_127b_English Update Failed/Error (+rep for help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello guys, so i was downloading a map for warcraft 3 but the map itself says file too big. I ask the author for a solution and he directed me with patching my warcraft 3. and the current title of this thread is the name of the patcher (which i got from this site: Patching Classic Games) im using. but whenever i open it shows an error where i am missing war3x.mpq (the errors would be shown in a picture) i tried to run it as an administrator. he also directed me a solution to fix this problem at this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/15701235303

PS. i dont have an installer of warcraft 3 i just copied it from a friend.

Attachments

• war3(1).png
    war3(1).png
    8.5 KB · Views: 102
  • war3.png
    war3.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 152

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] PS. i dont have an installer of warcraft 3 i just copied it from a friend.
I would highly suggest you to please legally buy a copy of it. Warcraft 3 is not a free video game.

You can buy the retail version of the game as CD-ROMs. Or you can buy the digital download version of it directly from Blizzard.

Last edited:
Level 11
While I'm highly in support of piracy, it's true the easiest way to fix your problem would be to get a legal copy of the game. I picked up a RoC cd a year or so ago from a second hand store for a dollar.

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.