• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] War3map.i (custom items?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Good evening dear Hivers!

I have this map (which is not mine) that I want to edit, and by that - I'm talking about the ''custom items''. I tried some ways, such as taking out war3map.i and opening with WorldEditor which CLEARLY didn't work (lol).

Opened the map, I didn't find any trace of custom items there as well.

Some information about the map;

About 10MB

In order to play, one pack is needed, while the other is optional.

Modelpack.mix (~400MB] - Required
Soundpack.mix (~400MB] - Optional

I investigated both packs, no trace or sign of custom items there as well. Does anyone have any idea, or have I done the correct way, but overlooked something? Whatever it is, I'll check the thread daily, so please help me out! Oh, and move the thread if in wrong topic, thank you!

Quick Summary: How to edit other map's custom items and put back in.

Best regards,
null

EDIT:

Managed to find a solution, thank goodness! Took me hours.

Now in WorldEditor, I really can't see an option to change what the item really does
vTSSv85.png

Description of what the item effects are, while
LF8YYx1.png

I can't see an option of reviving when receiving a fatal error by 35% chance anywhere, including the additional stats it gives (or the active). Where do I change all these? I tried looking through Hive and google, but I find so many other things which doesn't answer the question, advice needed (a link to the answer is fine itself too, as I just need an answer to my issue right now ;p).

PS:// Ignore the (REMOVED) part. And the only thing I wanna do with this item, really, is to remove that 35% chance to revive.

Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks for the fast response! Went ahead and checked the available triggers

wBD4YXR.png

Completely empty, any idea? I'll do my best to google around meanwhile I wait for an answer

Level 7
I see, I know the original map creator still has access, but if it gets destroyed once I open up the map, nothing I can do.

I'll settle with rawcode, decimal -> hex in jass then, thanks for help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.