• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walk Animation {playing the walk animation on a dummy unit}

Status
Not open for further replies.
(This isn't my problem; it's a mates. He doesn't have a hive account)

Basically, he wants a dummy unit (footman model) that is a 'disguise' of another unit to use the walk animation when the normal guy walks. He knows how to do all the triggers, he's even done it all, but the footman doesn't walk - he just starts to walk, then just sticks. There seems to be no possible fix in sight, which is why he asked me to post here.

Thanks.

Level 8
i am assuming he is moving the dummy unit via coordinates or by location points(do not recommend).

if you are moving the unit with x and y coordinates then you simply need to add an animation index script to it so it will play the animation every time it moves. index number is different for each unit and has to be trial and error.

Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, index)

Level 19
Erm also instead of Moving an unit with Move unit
if you move unit within two actions (SetUnitX and SetUnitY) it wont lose current animation
but SetUnitPosition resets the animation I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.