• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waiting for host in campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Yes, I know it sounds weird, but here's the problem:

I have made a testcampaign with 2 maps and 6 custom abilities which are added using a very simple jass system. You pick up a spell item and gain the item in your spellbook. Ofcourse, when you go to map 2, you want to store which abilities you have gained so far. Theoretically, everything should be working fine in my campaign.

But it's not. Even worse. Under certain circumstances, upon loading the next map, the 2 heroes spawn (there are 2 heroes preplaced on map 1 for testing purposes), and meanwhile a "Waiting for Host" message pops up.
I don't *always* have this problem, but I do have the problem 99% of the times that I take all 6 spells with the Paladin (or the Archmage). Purplepoot can confirm that the problem had existed, although since the latest version of the campaign, he no longer has the problem. I still have it, and I need it removed.

I've attached the campaign at this post, so I hope you have a look at it and try to fix it.

Among other things, we've already tried to:
- clear the game cache
- simply remove the game cache files from my hard drive (I cleared all profiles, just to make sure)
- Use waits at positions in the script that I considered "crucial"
- and more

Since it's known that newgen and campaigns don't go hand in hand, the campaign was created with the normal editor, and therefor the problem can't lie at 3rd party programs

Attachments

• Spellbook test4.w3n
    47.4 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.