• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Game cache - "Waiting for host"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've creatad a game cache, which is supposed to save my hero and a quest. However, when the game finishes loading the second level, a message "Waiting for host" pops up and I get disconnected. Strange, the campaign is opened through single player.

Below are my triggers(unfortunately, some of it is in Polish. Not much, but still.)
What's wrong with them?

QuestStatus is Integer.
QuestCompleted is Boolean.
QuestCancelled is Boolean.
Player is my hero.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 158
Level 3
I tried running another map with cache and it worked. Will try to copy and paste triggers to another map. I've already tried to run it after some time, but all I get is waiting for host at the beginning of the game.

EDIT: It seems there is something really wrong with the map itself - whenever I move from another map to it - it works, but when I move from it to another map, then it lags.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you are running the maps in multiplayer...
Game caches do not work in multiplayer.
There is no way to get them to work in multiplayer.
There is no way to store data between games safely and reliably without reverting to save/load codes like RPGs use.

You can use the exploit (mentioned in site news) to save data people are reporting. However this may eventually be patched (in which case it will no longer be doable).

If you are running the maps in singleplayer, then you must have encountered some wierd bug.
I have no idea how you can get a waiting for host error in singleplayer. Unless the game always runs in multiplayer mode (with server and client config) but uses interal sockets for orders.

Level 3
I've pasted triggers responsible for creating the cache to another map and copied those which load the cache to my map- it worked and I could load the stored hero. I also found out that if I put "Game - victory" trigger with score table and/or dialog menu enabled the map works fine but nothing from cache works.

Both of those maps are in one campaign file, which I start through Single Player -> custom campaign option.

Google didn't help much, I just found about 5 topics about this error(all from 2006 year I believe). Probably the map is corrupted:)(), however everything else than game cache works as it should. Is there any way to save the terrain?

Level 3
Unfortunately this time I didn't make a copy. Well, I'll see what I can do about it, maybe I'll change some parts so that I can still use this map.

EDIT: Or I actually might have a copy somewhere in test folder.
EDIT 2: I have a copy:) Will try to make a game cache there and see what happens.

EDIT 3: Crap, it's still not working.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I found 2 problems, however these are probably unrelated to the waiting for host issue.
Problem 1 - FoodForCamp is overwriting Introduction's data in the game cache.
Problem 2 - Do nothing wastes time, triggers work fine without using it.

When does the save and load take place? I am not sure you can load gamecaches on map initialization for example.

Level 3
Saving takes place after entering a region and pressing "yes" on a dialog box.
Standard Create Cache -> Clear Cache -> store data -> save cache method.

I tried many ways of loading the cache. On map init, delayed one as well as one triggered by typing "-load". Still freezes right at the beginning of the map. No matter which option is chosen. And it only happens when I move from map A to any map, if it's from map B to map A, everything works(even on initialization). This makes me think that something is wrong with the map A.

I also made the game show what it does by putting "Game - show text" between selected triggers. Everything showed up, followed by the "Waiting for host" error. My cached hero was not restored. This error pops up at the same moment, every time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.