• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

W.I.P Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Needing to get more experience in modelling I decided to model Sonic since im experimenting with making a sonic related map right now. So far I just got his feet down. I thought I would post new screens everytime I got a newer main body part finished. EX: Feet,legs,torso,arms,head.

I'll be submitting 3 screenshots each time. One Very Low Poly,One low-poly, and one high-poly.

*Alright I lowered face count =P*

------The hands aren't final. Im still experimenting with different looks.------
They sorta resemble more of human hands, I'll fix them within the hour, im hungry again ugh lol. *I'll touch up the chest to, it looks alittle box shaped*

Finished touch-up. Looks slightly better for now.

1st Entry 11/23/07 8:46 AM
Foot with ankle cuff
2nd Entry 11/23/07 11:57PM
Torso,Arms,Hands,Legs

Relating threads of mine
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43640 Sonic Map Idea
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43526 Chao Model

Attachments

• Sonic Feet Very Low Poly.jpg
    Sonic Feet Very Low Poly.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 432
  • Sonics Feet Lowpoly.jpg
    Sonics Feet Lowpoly.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 366
  • Sonics Feet HighPoly.jpg
    Sonics Feet HighPoly.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 301
  • redone sonic.jpg
    redone sonic.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 289
  • redone sonic2.jpg
    redone sonic2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Level 7
Thanx, i like the high-poly one to. Its got like this smooth-creamy like texture to it Lol. I was going to finish this today but I just got this sudden wave of tiredness and got real spacey and lazy.

So I fixed my problem with No-doz and a MT.Dew and I should be set for a couple hours. Hopefully another update soon.

Level 7
I'll try but for some reason the only thing I can really do well is feet lol. It goes in line from best to worse at --Feet/Legs/Arms/Torso/Hands/Head--.

Uploaded new pic. Just the head left now and some editing of the hand when I get a style down.

Level 7
Yea I've been looking at different references on google and some have him with longer legs or longer arms and stuff so i ended up with both longer arms and legs lol.

Yea his hands still look weird lol but i think their proportional, every image of sonic seems to show huge hands haha.

Uploaded couple new shots. Mostly going to come down to how the head looks I think. I think that will probably be the tuffest though it could end up being the hands.

Level 7
I'll make the chest and legs more round and the hands more width and it should look more normal than. I won't be updating this model in awhile though. I'll be workin on the actual map to see if my idea can work ingame and i'll use an open source sonic model I got till I get mine modelled so I can start the map earlier.

Level 2
I'm sorry ,but I think it seems too... what's the word I'm looking for... skinny... It nees to be a bit more rounded I think for it to work. Also Sonic does have long legs. whoops dind't see what you posted above me sorry ignore my words... except for the long legs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.