• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chao =)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
*Updated a pic of what the evil when skinned right will look like.*
--Courtesy of http://chao.hippotank.com/--Maybe ill just post some pics of some of them and whichever is like best ill model and skin, idk. Its not really essential for my map but just something that I have to finish since I started .

*Newest Update*
I skinned the evil aligned chao but I was in a rush and accidently selected to many faces in certain spots and the skin came out messed up. It will look generally like that though when its corrected.

*Update*
Skinned the chao and uploaded an image.
Doesn't it give you that warm fuzzy feeling? Hahaha. The skin isnt final, its just something I made real quick and pasted on. I think i'll edit the chaos head alittle since his face seems alittle fat lol. That one is supposed to be the good alignment so i'll go and skin a evil alignment.

*update*
2 images for each model in high poly and in low poly, the one ingame is somewhere in the middle. Idk why, but i want to make a chao evolving thing where u get a hero and can feed it diff types of food and it evolves in one of the 4 types (fly,power,strength,swim) for fun. Maybe have them as secret pets in a map or somethin.

The low poly model is the lowest i could go before it lost its real form.

I got bored and made a basic chao critter. Idk i just like the little guys lol. Think it looks alright? Its not skinned yet cuz i cant get skinning to work with custom blps, only ingame texture blps.

Not sure what use they could be of but their fun to make lol.

(I export my models into gmax for getting it game rdy incase u notice its blender)

Relating threads of mine
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43640 Sonic Map Idea
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43660 Sonic Model

Attachments

• Display Chao model.jpg
    Display Chao model.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Display Chao model2.jpg
    Display Chao model2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 297
  • display low poly chao.jpg
    display low poly chao.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 253
  • display low poly chao2.jpg
    display low poly chao2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Chao skinned screen.jpg
    Chao skinned screen.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 222
  • evil chao online.jpg
    evil chao online.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Level 7
Yep sure can. I was thinking, if they were used in battle, give them the metamorph ability and make them turn into something like gremlins lol.

Still experimenting on what I can use them for and what animations I can add to them.

Level 7
Well I just saw them as little critters that hatched from eggs and while growing up ingame, their model changed to what you fed them and how they were aligned with good-evil.

Not sure really "what" they are but this is what wiki says.

A Chao is an artificially intelligent, virtually generated lifeform from the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series. (www.wiki.org)

Level 7
Aw come on. This is coming from a guy thats failed art Lol. But I wasn't planning on keeping the skins so its alright. I'll spend more then an hour doing them this time and hopefully make them better. Defiantly will change the white ones face, that smile makes me cheeze out everytime I look at it. Atleast its good for a laugh :p.

I'll check the polycount later but in the importer they come out to 61kb. Not bad for being subsurfed once or twice(polycount increase modifier for smoothness).

Status
Not open for further replies.