• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn mr.goblin i knew you had skills by your released works and all. but i didnt know how talented you really are at this shit.. nice showcase man.. +rep

EDIT: the shaman right. is that for the starcraft 2 mod, legacy of the damned of will that be in warcraft 3 mdx file as well?? shaman looks great

nah, the shaman was made for a concept art competition here at the hive, never managed to find the motivation to finish it, beside I got much better at making skin texture, so this ''concept art'' will never be finished, :D

but i'm keeping the concept, for some other day and what not.

and thanks for the kind words.:goblin_yeah:

That Goblin is gonna be arrested by the Azeroth Police for not wearing any clothes, but still its looks great and all those pics man!
You were busy and do you like to doodle for purposes, like art and then color them after?

not at all, most of these are simple scribbles, I make these when I try to come up with a nice concept, for example, you can see I've made over 20 diffrent ''robot'' concept, all that because I was trying diffrent shapes and looks to come up with something great, etc.

I rarely paint a doodle over with photoshop, honestly :p, since these are mostly just doodles.

That goblin looks really cool.
What is it for? :p

You'll all know quite soon! :goblin_good_job:

sketch_book_leek_1_by_mr_goblin-d3bv6i0.png

because you guys gave nice and warming comments, here's a small gift :D

SKETCH BOOK LEAK #1 :D,

Basically, you see the W.I.P of the Hibass (which were name Himas before) conceptualizing, the house, and the look of the face, (yes, it does can take awhile before coming with a final concept :D)

you can also see some ''possible concept'' that I will make, someshort of ''flower shaman'' (still need to work on the helmet concept, reminds me too much of Zelda)

and some other possible race concept (4 winged humanoid lizard aztec people)

Have fun... :goblin_good_job::goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Is the flower shaman guy also supposed to be Hibas?

not at all, the hibass are almost a primitive race, they are just weird-ish monkeys with the basic of ''tool manipulation'', they don't have any weapon, they don't wear cloths, they just know how to make houses to protect themselves, and know how to attack a prey in a logical way...

So, basically, the Hibass are just smart enough to be a dangerous enemy, but they are still easy to encounter when you are experienced dealing with them.

If you are curious about: ''how I came with the concept of the Hibass'', I'll tell you.

Conception of Hibass: The idea came to me, to make race that would be like monkeys somehow. A race that would be primitive and live in a dangerous area. The idea of making savage and dangerous monkeys came naturally, I always had a cult for monkeys and I wanted to create a creature that would represent the dark side of the monkeys.
(BABOONS!) those are sick, scary and evil monkeys that would kill a man if he gets too close, I really like the Baboons because of their prestige and scariness, even tough they are slime monkeys, their mane and their facial features makes them look highly dangerous and scary... that's how the idea of the ''Hibass'' came... Now, I had the IDEA but not the LOOK or the WAY OF LIVING of the Hibass, I had to develloped them further.

THE LOOK: yes I found Baboons awesome, but they looked too dangerous for me, I wanted to create a ''passive and gentile looking creature'' that would kill you in your sleep (If you know what I mean). Why that? because I wanted travellers to be fooled on their first a counters with Hibass. I wanted travellers to let their guide down even with all those warning...
So to come back with the look, I first had the Monkey ''Momo'' from the TV-program ''avatar the last air-bender'' in mind, but then I decided to change things a little.. I also had the ''Jawroz'' in mind too, I developed the Idea further on... A slimy looking monkey with big white eyes... The Look was evolving, but I wasn't there yet (see Sketch book leak #1) I than had the idea of creating something abit more creepy... adding some-short of skull formation, just like the drainei, or in my case ''Yoda (the badass goblin jedi)'' sketching went along, drew different kind of faces, never really liked any of them, there was something missing, the Hibass were too much like monkeys/humanoid... decided to go for something abit more fishy, ''Zogberg (the lobster-ish alien doctor in Futurama)'' came to mind, decided to go for some external lips... with a lot of toughs, came after-all with the look of the Hibass.

so basically ''Yoda + Momo + Zogberg + Jawroz'' = Hibass :D

oh and, I didn't came up with the name, a friend of mine did, thanks to Catherine for that :D

THE WAY OF LIVING: My mind was set, I always wanted Hibass to be really territorial, which would explain why they are soooo dangerous, so if they were territorial, they needed some-short of houses or fixed place to sleep etc. I also tough that just like Baboons, Hibass were dangerous animals, but far from being the most dangerous animal around, which is also the reason why Hibass stay together... Now because they were a stable and territorial creatures, I had to came up with a house concept... the idea of making some-short of nest, like a few birds make, or some insects, was highly appealing. But it wasn't still quite right, because if the Hibass were weak animals, how would they manage to create a nest if they are in danger every-time they go out in the jungle?
The idea of ''saliva'' came by itself strangely, like Komodo dragons, they would create their stuff with their saliva, beside that same saliva would be deadly dangerous if it comes in contact with a flesh wound or something. I really liked that idea and developed it further, if they had saliva like that, why not bringing the usefulness of it further? Why the hibass didn't had eags instead? just like frogs?! how do frogs take care of their eggs, they create some-short of compact translucent mud with their eggs in them... and lay their eggs somewhere in the wild. Well each idea came naturally, one after the other (it might look strange from your point of you, but when you are used to be creative and creating concepts, things like that always happens, I just know the concept before creating it, it's like doing a puzzle, you add different pieces of knowledge that you already know his look and shape, and you mix them together so it creates a solid and beautiful puzzle. :D)

hope it helped :D

Last edited:
I know, double posting, but honestly, who cares, it's my thread and I'm not flooding the hive or anything :\

here's a remake of an old drawing, maybe you guys can find which drawing it was :D, the one who finds it first gets + rep :D (pff, what a loosy competition)

anyway been working on it for a few days so far, about 5 hours have been spent on it already... (lots of trials at trying to make different textures :goblin_cry:) anyway, so far so good, that's what I made, still a lot of work ahead and stuff to fix :goblin_boom:

enjoy!

Attachments

• ID.png
    ID.png
    498.2 KB · Views: 238
soooo NEW SKETCH BOOK LEAK! #2

have nothing else to show, sorrah D:

all made with a INK pen.. so please, consider the freaking shadows and perspective/proportions..

Attachments

• DSC03393.png
    DSC03393.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC03403.png
    DSC03403.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 19,880
  • DSC03407.png
    DSC03407.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 226
  • DSC03410.png
    DSC03410.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5,314

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

soooo NEW SKETCH BOOK LEAK! #2

have nothing else to show, sorrah D:

all made with a INK pen.. so please, consider the freaking shadows and perspective/proportions..

Liking the last creature a lot, the one with the wings and all. :p

yeh at first I thought those fingerprints were from clay, but hell that's amazing, any works for the colors? :D

Thanks mate! annnnnnnd new WIP..:goblin_good_job:

Attachments

• Auh.png
    Auh.png
    468.2 KB · Views: 137
That's cool, is that creature for the sci-fi world?

I knew my marine head would confuse people! :D

nah this is one of the new races of my Fantaisy world, The Auh

it's m fishy fish people, you can see the sketching process for them in a previews post...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Looking pretty cool. I can't help but think of a treant when I look at the face, though, for some reason. :p

226998_10150595943925697_563425696_18222760_4153493_n.jpg

I PRESENT YOU! my last photography art project, the goal was to present the ''inner demons'' that every human has.

this is a picture made out of something like 40 diffrent emotion pictures... reconstruted together, took me about 2 hours to build :3

---------------------------------------------------
I have a question, would you guys like me to create a thread about my Fantasy world I'm working on? So that way it might push me to work more on it and to polish more the world etc?, I might not update it frequently, but what ever..

Last edited:
I have a question, would you guys like me to create a thread about my Fantasy world I'm working on? So that way it might push me to work more on it and to polish more the world etc?, I might not update it frequently, but what ever..

so.. let me quote myself again..

Great, than I'll make it, just need a name for my fantasy world.. :O

something quite cool yet easy to remember.. that awesome to say :D

like, Newerth or Dilogus or what ever..

any suggestions? (I won't use any of the names you gave me, cause I want the tittle to be 100% personnal, but your ideas might inspire me to create a name :D)

Level 11

so.. let me quote myself again..

Do it. :>

There is already lots of names in the earlier posts, so I shouldn't try to tell any name. :p

Because I haven't gave you guys enough love since the creation of the thread, here's a new WIP, the concept comes from a friend of mine on DA I pimped it up to my likings.. :D

toko_wip4_beast_concept_by_mr_goblin-d3h9w2f.png

:goblin_good_job:

For more information about that beast, check the World of Henault thread!

Last edited:
Do you draw the details of its skin manually or do you use specific texture brushes? 'Cause if you DO draw them freehanded, then that's a hell lot of work. >_>

It's a mix of both..

I create myself a patern of like a 100 circles (scales) next to each other, and than I smiply Copy and Paste it, and create myself a decent sized patern of scales.

Than, with that new patern, I copy and Paste it again and change his shape with the ''Free Transform'' tool, and apply it by myself on the drawing, which gives the ''shape'' of my creature, due to the wave in the scales..

so yeah, I do drew the scales myself....:goblin_good_job:

It's a mix of both..

I create myself a patern of like a 100 circles (scales) next to each other, and than I smiply Copy and Paste it, and create myself a decent sized patern of scales.

Than, with that new patern, I copy and Paste it again and change his shape with the ''Free Transform'' tool, and apply it by myself on the drawing, which gives the ''shape'' of my creature, due to the wave in the scales..

so yeah, I do drew the scales myself....:goblin_good_job:

Yeah, I meant drawing them one by one. That would be insane. Your strategy is very useful for filling big parts of your drawing. I am not familiar with those various tools PS and other (expensive) programs offer, I try to get as much out of GIMP as I can without going nuts. xP
What's the overall image size of this piece?

Yeah, I meant drawing them one by one. That would be insane. Your strategy is very useful for filling big parts of your drawing. I am not familiar with those various tools PS and other (expensive) programs offer, I try to get as much out of GIMP as I can without going nuts. xP
What's the overall image size of this piece?

1335 x 1238 pixels :goblin_yeah:

and I'm sure you can do my technique with Gimp! Cause I used Gimp before, and I think you can do what I do with it, might not be as easy and simple, but it would definatly give you more time to work on other details etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.