• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Visual Studio 2015 RTM is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think this is the link for it. For those not aware community edition is completely free for private developers (and small businesses).

For those planning to use it for C++ development (it is the recommended C++ IDE for windows) this will interest you.
In this release, the C++ compiler and standard library have been updated with enhanced support for C++11 and initial support for certain C++14 features. They also include preliminary support for certain features expected to be in the C++17 standard.

Additionally, more than 500 compiler bugs have been fixed, including many submitted by customers through Microsoft Connect *— thank you!
This should mean that you can now use the portable C++11 threads. No more fumbling around with OS specific thread manufacture (Windows SDK) or standard libraries (pthread).

It also should come with the support needed to use Windows 10 features (eg DirectX 12) however it seems that such functionality might only be enabled come 29/07/2015 when Windows 10 is released.

I am personally holding off installing it until Windows 10 is released as I do not plan to do much with it in the near future.

Level 23
well you know, if you click on the name of the reddit thread, it brings you to that too.

and they not only fixed a lot of stuff, but they added a lot of stuff too. Constexpr(excluding C++14 relaxed constexpr) are among the biggest one.

I dont plan on going to win 10 so I will download as soon as possible :D

Status
Not open for further replies.