• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ubuntu Development Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

With the new Ubuntu 16.10 out, I'd like to throw another shot at Linux programming. I love Visual Studio, it's #1 reason why I'm on Windows, but I'd have to seek for replacement for it on Linux side.

I'm interested in following languages; if you have IDE suggestions give them here:
  • JavaScript
  • Java
  • C (Would like Win32 API support some way or another)
  • Intel ASM x86 x64
Also I'm planning on using the vanilla one with Unity but if you feel like another flavor servers the environment better tell it as well, thanks.

Level 29
I could never quite replace Visual Studio back when I used Linux.
I know that people think that things like Code::Blocks are on the same level, but that's because they are Linux fanatics and/or never used Visual Studio.
For Java you can probably use Eclipse like most people.
Atom looks in general interesting, but I never used it.
And of course, if you search online, you will always get to the crazies saying Sublime is the best and why do you even use a mouse, but I never tried that either.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Well I won't be doing C development on Linux anyway, I actually like the Win32 API a lot.

I just recently heard of this dirty cow vulnerability, is there Ubuntu .iso with patched kernel or how do I upgrade kernel?

Status
Not open for further replies.