• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Violent video games affect people in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the kind of violence. I've read about rape games that are made in Japan, and games where you torture and hack limbs. These games are nonsense, they are not games at all but graphic simulations for people with serious mental disorders.

Also games which have a lot of cuss words, sexual and mature content should be simply kept out of children's reach. A majority of the current generation of parents are unaware about the amount of detail there is in video games. They probably have picture of super mario or car racing games in mind. But times will change, in a few years most of the members who have taken part in this discussion will become parents (well,hopefully) and I hope will be more response-able in choosing a title for their young ones. hehehe!

Watching rape or torture in a videogame still won't make a normal person rape or torture people. The thing is that people who enjoy playing games where they do that sort of thing tend to already be fucked up in the head. I'm not saying that's a good thing to buy for your kid; that sort of game is awful and I wouldn't even want to play it myself. I'm just saying that the kind of audience rape simulations attract tends to already be composed of people who are ready to do terrible things.

As for the second part, hearing curse words or seeing violence in videogames won't scar a child. People need to wake up and realize what's important and what's not important. When you were a kid, you probably heard plenty of curse words. You probably even started using some of your own when nobody was listening. We all did. I doubt that turned you into a psycho.

Seeing a pair of tits on a screen won't scar a child, either. Let's face it, we all saw tits before we were adults. Most of us even saw someone of the opposite sex nude in real life before we were 18. We weren't damaged by it. Why would you think your child would be? I'm not saying to have penises and vaginas all over the house, but if you're watching a movie with your kid and a pair of tits walk past the screen for a couple of seconds, it's nothing to worry about.

Look back at your own life and determine what you need to keep your kid away from. Don't listen to society's expectations and go out wanting to convince everyone else you're a good parent, doing what looks good on the outside instead of doing what's actually important for your kid. Some parents spend so much time conforming to society's demands that they don't even bother doing what's most important: spending time with their kids.

Level 11
A majority of the current generation of parents are unaware about the amount of detail there is in video games. They probably have picture of super mario or car racing games in mind. But times will change, in a few years most of the members who have taken part in this discussion will become parents (well,hopefully) and I hope will be more response-able in choosing a title for their young ones. hehehe!
This was in relation to the earlier posts that some kids get bad because of bad parenting. My point was that probably some parents don't realize what is inside the colorful looking disc. Also, rarely but chances are that some parent can be illiterate.

Watching rape or torture in a videogame still won't make a normal person rape or torture people. The thing is that people who enjoy playing games where they do that sort of thing tend to already be fucked up in the head.....................I'm just saying that the kind of audience rape simulations attract tends to already be composed of people who are ready to do terrible things.

These games are nonsense, they are not games at all but graphic simulations for people with serious mental disorders.

Like I said. Same thing :)

You probably even started using some of your own when nobody was listening. We all did. I doubt that turned you into a psycho.

Let's face it, we all saw tits before we were adults. Most of us even saw someone of the opposite sex nude in real life before we were 18. We weren't damaged by it.

Firstly, you generalize a lot. I would refrain from doing that in any public forum. Neither of these things have had happened to me. I don't belong to your society and from where I come from customs and traditions are different.
I have heard a lot of cuss words but I don't like using them even in joking. Because most of cuss words involve disrespecting women, especially mothers.
We have a high regard for women, and our last name is name of mother. No, N.knight001 is not my real name ;)
Perhaps it is hard for you to understand but it is same thing like kosher is to a Jew.

Seeing a pair of tits on a screen won't scar a child, either. Let's face it, we all saw tits before we were adults. Most of us even saw someone of the opposite sex nude in real life before we were 18. We weren't damaged by it. Why would you think your child would be? I'm not saying to have penises and vaginas all over the house, but if you're watching a movie with your kid and a pair of tits walk past the screen for a couple of seconds, it's nothing to worry about.

I come from a tribe and nudity is no big deal for us. More importantly we don't consider nudity as something sexual. Also, for me Tits are breasts. I don't call them tits. As far as breasts on TV is concerned, we see them in the open on regular basis. If you consider nudity (human form) same as sex, that is because you have been bought up on western ideology.

Look back at your own life and determine what you need to keep your kid away from. Don't listen to society's expectations and go out wanting to convince everyone else you're a good parent, doing what looks good on the outside instead of doing what's actually important for your kid. Some parents spend so much time conforming to society's demands that they don't even bother doing what's most important: spending time with their kids.

In general, I think that you took my light hearted post too seriously. Although your arguments are valid but I simply don't fit into the generalization :)

Generally, I don't like conflict and would have refrained from replying. But, I had to give this long explanation, only so that you know that the world is not same everywhere.

I have heard a lot of cuss words but I don't like using them even in joking. Because most of cuss words involve disrespecting women, especially mothers.
We have a high regard for women, and our last name is name of mother. No, N.knight001 is not my real name ;)
Perhaps it is hard for you to understand but it is same thing like kosher is to a Jew.

You claim that most curse words are against mothers, and that using them is wrong.

I don't know a single curse word that refers specifically to mothers. In fact, I only know a few words that even refer to women specifically at all. I'm not going to sit here and list them, but the list of curse words which refer specifically to women, let alone mothers, is significantly shorter than the list of the rest of curse words in general. Most of them are pretty generic and not really offensive to anyone unless used a certain way, like "shit, hell, ass," and "damn".

I don't think hearing things like "shit, hell, ass" and "damn" is going to scar a kid for life.

I personally know of only 1 curse word that involves mothers (directly)... 2 for direct + indirect...

Also ESRB exists for a reason... If only parents who buy games for their kids or kids who asks for money to buy games know to read, understand and respect those ratings...

games that involves utter violence will almost always be at least 13+, so kids aren't even supposed to play those games... so if they do get scarred for life, that's because they haven't followed what officials/authority told them...

Watching rape or torture in a videogame still won't make a normal person rape or torture people.

I agree... because I actually do like to an extent to watch films etc, or play games with those themes... but do I want to do it? HELL NO... because I know that it's bad...

and that is also another thing about video games, they let you experience things that you cannot do in real life... now if you try to do what you see in games in real-life (which are obviously and know to general public, bad), then you seriously have a mental problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.