• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager Girls Re-Reforged

VILLAGER GIRLS RE-REFORGED

Unique model for villager girls. The model was fully developed by myself for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. When using this model, it'd be great if you linked or credited @InsaneMonster's project as well.

INSTALLATION
The villager girls come with three variants: Girl1 (uses two custom diffuses), Girl2 (uses two custom diffuses) and Girl3 (uses one custom diffuse). All three models share the same custom Normal and ORM.

To import any variant (IMPORTANT):
  • Import the normal and ORM textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: girl_normal.dds, girl_ORM.dds.
To import the first variant (Girl1)
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: girl1.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: girl1_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: girl1_diffuse.dds, girl1_skirt_diffuse.dds.
To import the second variant (Girl2)
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: girl2.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: girl2_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: girl2_diffuse.dds, girl2_skirt_diffuse.dds.
To import the third variant (Girl3)
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: girl3.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: girl3_portrait.mdx
  • Import the texture to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: girl3_diffuse.dds.

WE PREFERENCES
The models are able to speak and use the villagerkid soundset.

Hope you like the models!

UPDATE:
Thanks to @Insanemonster for adding a cinematic walk animation on the 3 models.
Previews
Contents

Girl1 (Model)

Girl1 icon (Icon)

Girl1 portrait (Model)

Girl2 (Model)

Girl2 icon (Icon)

Girl2 portrait (Model)

Girl3 (Model)

Girl3 icon (Icon)

Girl3 portrait (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. Very cute addition for civilian models and perhaps less war like maps as well. Textures and general looks variety is good, plus of course there never was a girl villager model before. As we spoke before eventually someone should make a...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The problem with that is the stupid facefx. I guess I could add minor normal differences, but girls and women are incredibly smooth. Any ideas?
I think replacing their heads with some other model's and then tweaking the facial/head geosets might work. Of course, I'm talking as a Classic model enthusiast since Reforged is on a godlike level for me.

Reminds me of Molly, Polly, and Dolly @ My Time at Portia
Poor creatures. Keeping balance must be so hard with such a wrecking ball head.

I think replacing their heads with some other model's and then tweaking the facial/head geosets might work. Of course, I'm talking as a Classic model enthusiast since Reforged is on a godlike level for me.

Poor creatures. Keeping balance must be so hard with such a wrecking ball head.
Any small tweak on a face means that the model will be unable to speak, due to using facefx. With creeps it's not relevant, but with humans it's quite difficult to make it work

Approved. Very cute addition for civilian models and perhaps less war like maps as well.

Textures and general looks variety is good, plus of course there never was a girl villager model before.
As we spoke before eventually someone should make a mega-pack of all civilian models, since quite a few are being made recently.

Level 11
The problem with that is the stupid facefx. I guess I could add minor normal differences, but girls and women are incredibly smooth. Any ideas?
I think the face mesh is fine. you don't need to tweak that if it's going to break their speaking animation. I could suggest a different face texture for each. like adding freckles, dirt or skin color to make things a bit easy.

I think the face mesh is fine. you don't need to tweak that if it's going to break their speaking animation. I could suggest a different face texture for each. like adding freckles, dirt or skin color to make things a bit easy.
They have different textures as well, but perhaps I should make the differences more visible