• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager 255 Animations

I have updated the model mesh now i think it looks better, added some CUSTOM ATTACHMENT points the highlighted parts contains the new ones, now u can add a complete set of armour on the villger.
New attachemts points names are: Gold Left, Gold Right, First Left, First Right, Second Left, Scond Right.

I have tryed to add more animations and i get error and more then 255 doesnt save i dunno why, if so i can make a second part with other animations.

I wanted to upload a model that has many animations and i think the most useful model will be the Villager model to use in RPG maps or something.

I have noticed when played Attack - 7 animation the hidden objects are appreaing, they should be inv.

IMPORTANT

Use this to play any animation u want even the walk animations when u stand or any animation when u move:
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( unit name, number )
-the unit name is the unit name in JASS
-the number is the animation that starts from 0
-can play even the walk animation when u stand
-can play any animation even if the unit is moveing

Animation Guide:

Stand Victory 27-37 are animations when u sit on a stone bench: Dalaran->Props->Stone Bench
Attack Morph 27-30 are some shield attacks.
Stand Victory 22-23 are some mount animations for horse with no rider u will have to use some triggers to make them work good for now.
Attack Throw 6-7 are bow animations.
Stand Victory 41-66 are guns animations.
Stand Victory 67-70 are hang animations.
Stand Victory 71-76 are cross animations.

Keywords:
Villager, Peasant, Work
Contents

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Reviews
09:39, 24th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: amazing animations and you really put a lot of effort into this. but the mesh on the bag should be fixed and the model would really benefit from attachment points. EDIT: remove the imported blank "white"...
Level 11
To find the unit name in Jass to this:

1. Create a trigger
2. Action->Kill Unit-> and then select the unit u want.
3.Edit->Convert the trigger to Custom Text.
4.The name of the unit will be something like this: gg_unit_
5.Copy and paste the unit name in jass into the script.
6 U can delete the trigger or hit ctrl+z to unde the transformation in Jass.

Or u can to that with the variabile like i said u can play the unit walk animation even if he stands or if he moves.

I will add some swim animations that will be good.

this is a great model, 10/10 for model and 10/10 for animations, but you need to rework attachments and make them exactly like the ones at former Villager model. I can't fit helmets, beards, hair on it. Also, i can't give him any boots. Hand attachments are working, but the ones on the chest suddenly get smaller after few seconds, and they don't do that at any other model. Please, rework the attachments so i can use this model for my map.

Level 13
man add jump animations, some pick up animations, (pick up something from table etc, from ground, something higher then you...), add weapon draw animations, where unit draws his weapon from back, add some new and cool attachments (head, for neclaces, some bracer attachments, weapon on your back attachments etc etc...) I'd like to vote for DC... but it's impossible :(

Level 11
U cant just add attachemt points more then the basic ones, eh gold i sow also works as an attactmet but war3 didnt readed alot of names for attachments.

There is a pick up object from ground anim.
There is a Jump Anim man.
I did draw weapon anims but not for this model.

I will add some new anims like swim.

Level 13
oh, but you should add more pick up anims, like i said pick up something from table or with diffrent heights, and 1 more stuff, what you think about adding forms for this model, STAND , PRONE, CROUCH, LEAN, aim animation idk for what, but a aim animations would be great. Offtopic : I'd like to +rep you whole day, yey :D
EDIT : Why don't you add that draw weapon anims ?

Level 19
awesome model man!!but you got the custom script wrong :)
this is how you should do it:
  • Map Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = Villager 150 0006 <gen>
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_u,0)
what i did here is that i used a variable named u (unit) to use it later for setting the animation..
so the unit name is the u and the 0 is the number of the animation...
every number has a different animation (max 150)
have fun counting them lol

Level 11
Some pics form the next wave of anims.

Attachments

• Villager1.jpg
    Villager1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Villager2.jpg
    Villager2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Villager3.jpg
    Villager3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Villager4.jpg
    Villager4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Villager5.jpg
    Villager5.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Level 11
Fuck man i wanted to make some hanging animations and the model got fucked up and i "lost" all the new animations lol.
Now i have to transfer the new animations and adjust them 1 by 1 ffs.

Attachments

• Villager8.jpg
    Villager8.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Villager 9.jpg
    Villager 9.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Villager10.jpg
    Villager10.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Level 19
lol dude, im having some trouble using them xD
ofc since i don't use all of the animations i hope that you don't mind if i remove them with magos model editor :p
could you pls list the animations 1by1? :)

EDIT:
i forgot to critism :p
the animations are pretty good and they sure are a lot!!5/5 :thumbs_up:
good luck in adding more animations in the future ;p

-backflip (since you already added frontflip, backflip will be good too)
-swim (very good animation to be added IMO)
-run fast (another very good animation IMO)
-roll (not so great idea but i couldn't think of anything else xD)
-windmill (breakdance move,this will be awesome but super hard to make xD)

Last edited: