• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Videogame Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
@peper, don't post the map publicly; anyone can just come and take it, modify it abit and then upload it later claiming that its theirs, then we'll run into trouble later for having the same terrain as "somone elses" so yeah, its not such a good idea. Oh and before you update the map, first wait for the go-ahead from everyone; just so that we don't all make updates at the same time, Example: I make V0.05, but at the same time Jaret starts making HIS V0.05, then Jaret posts his V0.05 before me, which means I can't post mine anymore because Jaret has already updated everyone. If I do, then we will have to trash somones work, and continue on with the other persons work.

But luckily I havn't done anything yet, so I'll just begin work on pepers update ASAP.

Level 13
Oh, sorry, I will send you the new version soon; I was quite busy today and couldn't get much done :(

But I did get some progress :)

Level 13
ok, I've done most of the terrain/trees in microsoft, I'm not quite done yet; so I'll have to PM the map to you later. But here are some pics of what I've done so far.

terrain.JPG

terrain 2.JPG

Last edited:
Level 13
Aww thanks peper :) hopefuly Jaret might like it too. Well, if he ever makes it back alive D:

Level 13
Well, we're only in the beggining stages of this map, and we have no gameplay yet. We have done some terrain though, and the screenshots of our progress are just a few posts above ^^

Level 7
@Zealon: That's kinda nice, but a little too monotone. The trees are placed a little too near one-to-each-other and the ground tiles are all... well, only vines.
@-Peper-: School's... killing... ME!

BTW: Bought the new Starcraft 2... Fuck. It is sooo cool. The graphics are awesome, and no problems with the floor tiles. It makes me sad that we only know how to use this editor. And btw right now I don't see any use in making this map. I think we should instead concentrate on making it available on starcraft2, but on the other hand, Starcraft 2 lacks custom models, and knowledge of the triggers'n'shit...

Last edited:
Level 13
@Jaret, well actually I am useing about 4 different tilesets in the jungle area. Maybe its just a bad screenshot? Oh and I hope you don't mind if i replace the snow/ice tilesets. I can't see how we'll use them, and need the space.

Also, I havn't been able to do much in a while, so i'll just hand it over to Jaret to fix up my mistakes and stuff.

@Jaret, and about starcraft 2, I understand what you're saying coz I have starcraft 2 as well. Now, me and everyone I know who got Starcraft 2; when we first got it, we thought "now that I have this awesome game with its awesome editor, lets ditch warcraft 3" That will be very regretable. The starcraft 2 editor is extremly complicated, and only the smartest nerds can use it. We all thought what you are thinking, but trust me; you'll get over this game in the next few weeks.
Jaret are you saying that you are leaving this project now?

Level 22
@Jaret, and about starcraft 2, I understand what you're saying coz I have starcraft 2 as well. Now, me and everyone I know who got Starcraft 2; The starcraft 2 editor is extremly complicated, and only the smartest nerds can use it. We all thought what you are thinking, but trust me; you'll get over this game in the next few weeks.
Jaret are you saying that you are leaving this project now?
My Brother got it too, 2 days and completed one campaign.
And the editor, i even can't make single map. The model and textures so cool, but NO CUSTOMS!
And this part:
when we first got it, we thought "now that I have this awesome game with its awesome editor, lets ditch warcraft 3" That will be very regretable.
I second that.
EDIT:
And this
We all thought what you are thinking, but trust me; you'll get over this game in the next few weeks.
Me too!
And this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/new-advanced-equipment-system-133727/
The features so cool and restrict units from equipping (So Sub-Zero won't use guns)

Level 7
I looked at the editor a little, and you all SOOOOO OVERREACT! It isn't that hard, believe me. Well, I don't really know how much has changed, but I know that a lot of things are still the same as with the old editor. It is nice how the tiles are now advanced and really 100000 times nicer and smoother. The roads are good too, the hill making is really good, and the depresion-making is NOT that bad anymore. Remember when you first open the World editor (War3)? I bet my money that you did not know shit to do. In a year (or so), I know there're gonna be a lot of people that'll master the editor (including me, I hope). I suppose the 8 mb rule doesn't count for Starcraft 2, since A custom model's gonna be at least 300 kb, because it's gonna be hq (High-poly) and so.
And when we all master this gift from blizzard, and when Warcraft 4 comes out, the same problem will be with that editor as well. It will be better and advanced, then the next editor, then the next editor... Woohoo, We just begun making maps, believe me.

And no, I'm not dumping (Stopping) With this project. But school's killing me, and Starcraft 2 as well, big tests coming up... I suppose the 1.0 end grade is finally gonna leave me... Which is bad...

Level 13
@Pandaren_God, the Halo charaters are definatly going to in this project.

@xX_Midnighter_Xx, Sure you can help, do you want to be part of the team?

(Global Ignore is a thing that happens to new people here, it stops all other members from seeing your posts. But it only lasts the first 10 days.

Level 7
Ok, guys, this is seriously important. I'm stepping out of development of this map. I just can't find time posting on Thw nowadays, not to talk about the world editor, or even considering using it.
1st is school, I just can't sit in front of the PC all the time.
2nd is, well, when this thread was created, the RP began shrinking and weakening. I'd better concentrate on the RP instead of this ORPG.

Level 13
The RP, and this, are two different things; he never joined this. But he can. And yeah, if you want to join, just tell us a lttle about your skills.

Level 13
Ok, so do you want to go as the discription guy, the storywriter, the triggerer, or all of them? :p

Level 13
Oh, the story should be taken from the RP, because this is based on it. We just take the fore-story of the rp, and make it a story of this one. The char-stories are another thing. Every dude here should have one.

Yeah, but we should also have other heros, not just the ones in the RP, and he could do the story for them. EX: mario, kratos, etc...

@peper, yup thanks

Level 7
@Zealon:
Lol what's Kratos doing up there? AND NO. You can't use Kratos, Mario, Plok, Sub-zero, Predator, 1000 other chars for playable chars.... iT should be limited to only like 8 or 10 chars. After all, you can't have the map hosted if it exceeds 8 mb, hell, Sub-zero alone has 500 kb, plok 700 kb (We need a new plok model), Predator, well, he's kinda primitive with the size...

Status
Not open for further replies.