• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vexorian's Dummy Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Where do I get this and how do I import the model into my map (I'll probably go google for a tutorial in the meantime)?

I understand that it is basically an invisible model but with attachment points and it is for making scalable / colourable / etc special effects (by attaching them to the model and changing the model size and stuff). It is to skip making a new unit for every special effect that I want to be malleable. Is this correct?

Anyway, I mostly just need to find where to download it. Thanks in advance.

Level 22
Level 12
Seriously, you googling skill needs some polish.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/vexorians-dummy-model-149230/

Another more important feature of Vex's dummy model is it contains a lot of animation for pitch angle manipulation, meaning you can make the attached effect (e.g. missile) look up or down through the use of SetUnitAnimationByIndex.

I did find that thread, but I like to make sure I am getting the right stuff. Who knows if it's been updated or something? The thread is from 7 years ago. That tidbit about the angle manipulation is also something I would have missed.

Thanks though! +rep

Level 12
Bump.

I got the model into my map :D And I managed to do a couple things with it (a projectile that is the Shadow Shaman's attack but it is sideways like a ninja star and a big meteor spell that was using its own unit for the meteor).

One problem, though. I noticed that the special effects attached to the dummy don't seem to care about the unit's time scale (animation speed). This appears to be normal (other animations on frozen units - 0 animation speed - were working like normal). Is there any way to change a special effect's animation speed?

I can live without it, but it does limit me in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.