• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attaching SFX To Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Okay, let's say I made a dummy based from Abilities\Weapons\Dryadmissile\Dryadmissile.mdl and I want to create a burning effect at the tip of the projectile, I would do this;
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Dummy using Environment\SmallBuildingFire\SmallBuildingFire2.mdl
But the trigger fails to attach any SFX on that dummy (supposedly that the model does not have 'overhead' attachment point or such).

How can I do this ?

Basically, attaching SFX to Dummy model (non-unit model).

Level 4
i guess these are all existing attachment points try some of them maybe it helps:
Attachment Point Names:
overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest (also good for wings)
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (for heroes)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Attachment Point Modifiers:
left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)

Level 33
i guess these are all existing attachment points try some of them maybe it helps:
Attachment Point Names:
overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest (also good for wings)
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (for heroes)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Attachment Point Modifiers:
left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)
I know all the attachments, but I bet it would never appear for a non-unit model.
Didn't test it yet, will test it and come back with a result.

guys i guess he means "how can i attach fire sound to dummy unit" well if you mean this,you can use (Sound-play sound on unit ) then attach a sound to triggering unit or just use sound-play sound
No silly ;3
I meant to attach SFX on a dummy unit (non-unit as base model)

Level 4
i tested all attachment points and none of them worked.
but you can still use War3ModelEditor to add effects to your model (if you dont know how to do this see: War3ModelEditor/help/help/tutorial/burning mountain king)

Level 33
Cant you make a dummy unit based on some unit that has attachment points, give that unit a 100% transperancy and than attach the dryad missile and fire SFX to the invisible dummy.
Okay, my dummy unit now is Footman.
I gave him 100% transparency (complete fade).
Fire would be seen floating around.

That is not what I want, what I want is;
Okay, let's say I made a dummy based from Abilities\Weapons\Dryadmissile\Dryadmissile.mdl and I want to create a burning effect at the tip of the projectile
I want to create SFX to a dummy (that is seen), not an invisible dummy.

Level 33
Well I guess creating 2 dummies at the location would do it ?
Create a Unit Model dummy and make it 100% transparent, while the non-unit model will have 0% transparency.
The SFX attached to the 100% transparency dummy so that it looks like the SFX is on the dummy with 0% transparency.

Of course, both dummy units should move to a same location each interval (dummy 0% is moved by using triggers, so does the 100% dummy)

Level 4
the attachment will work even better than a dummy unit , you can directly create and remove dummies or set an expiration time but you cant attach dummies (like attach to chest or over head) but transparency trick is will work as well !

Status
Not open for further replies.