• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Using item (Gloves Haste) as upgrade for unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

Sorry for bothering you :) I have sifted through the search function looking for a solution to my problem but cannot find any, so i come to post here.
Basically, i am making an upgrade for a range unit to shoot faster, and used the gloves of haste item, and converted it into an ability. My problem is, even though i am 100% sure i have done everything necessary, A) the unit always starts off with the attack speed increase - researching it does nothing; and
B) I have decided to use a passive icon to represent it, but no matter what i do it never starts off on the unit as DISPAS, and of obviously since it doesn't start of DISPAS a PAS icon does not show up either after i research the upgrade.

So i was just wondering, is there something i am missing about using items and converting them into passive upgrades for units? (I could just use the ghoul frenzy upgrade and remove the movement speed increase part, but i am concerned since there are many items i want to use as passives.

The reason i specify passives is because i do not have problems using active abilities, such as give a uni the ability to plant mines with the goblin land mine item ability, the issue seems to be "passives" such as the +15% attack speed for the gloves-of haste item
Thanks for your time :)

Tulee

Level 10
IIRC, the field <upgrade requirement> only works with default abilities that already connected to upgrade field. Others like bash, item ability, critical strike does not work that way. I can only think of using Chaos upgrade for mass-upgrading/ add the ability via triggers.

Level 15
you can use an upgrade to increase attack speed (ghoul frenzy)
this upgrade will change base attack speed, so there attack speed text won't be green from it.

most item abilities are not displayed regardless of if they have an icon
you can use a dummy ability (moon glaive) to display an icon with the upgrade requirement.
to increase the attack speed, you add the ability rather than unlocking it by an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.