• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

User Moderated Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
We've implemented a new map moderation system--users can vote on map approval or disapproval (sort of like the old Minimod system), but enough votes in one direction will actually cause the resource to be approved or rejected respectively. A moderator's decision will override this, but likely will not need to.

Currently, a resource needs at least 10 votes to be approved and 20 to be rejected, and 75% of the votes to be in favour of one side for the resource to be approved or rejected respectively. These numbers are semi-random and subject to change as we see the system in action.

Please post questions, comments, and concerns about the system here.

Level 24
The old "mini-mod" system is gone now, obviously, seeing how the different buttons you used to vote for either approval or rejection now serve a different purpose. As for reviews, of course they will still exist, a moderator review weights more than any amount of users.

Level 11
Should rep carry weight of some sort? Or maybe some sort of rep/post ratio? Or perhaps maybe we should stay clear of using rep anything more then for pretty gems.

However as wereguy2 said, i notice a vastly lower standard amongst users opposed to moderators. But im very willing to give this a shot.

Chippin in my other 2 cents:
--==Idea==--
once a map has atleast 5-10 passing votes, and is a minimum of 2/5 rating amongst users (with 3-10 votes), then it will be deemed worthy of being reviewed by a moderator. When it is deemed worth reviewing by an official moderator, a notice is attached to it saying that this map has reviewing priority (or something like this). This way map moderators spend much more time reviewing worthy maps, while the community takes care of the noobier maps.

Another + to this system is that it gives people time to update their map from lacking to quality (if needed). I am aware only quality maps are supposed to be uploaded, but obviously noobs with 4 posts don't really know this.

Level 9
Should definitely take some of the work load of playing and reviewing all of the maps that are normally pending off of the mods backs. This way they can focus on reviewing the big maps and pointing out flaws, or even working with new mappers on things to improve.

Level 19
Feel free to elaborate.

I simply find that people tend to give maps that are... well near-absolute crap scores that they certainly do not deserve. This may have something to do with them not being heartless and wanting to keep peoples feelings intact, but it just doesn't work this way.
Also, many people do not take things such as terrain, and more importantly, neatness, into regard.

Level 11
I wander if this has anything to do with the new system

Dibujo-10.jpg

why i can only hover between -4 and 1?

I'm very positive to this system. I have a suggestion, though.
We can classify people for rating reliability. There are many people in the map section that gives detailed feedback and correct opinions, including leaks and bug reports. These should earn Moderating Credits. These credits could improve their 'Rating Power', giving more weight to their ratings than the normal ones. Can sound too childish, but it'd be good, imo.

Also... if only maps weren't protected, there could be a leak checking script that would notify the user rightaway of leaks.

Level 40
I'm very positive to this system. I have a suggestion, though.
We can classify people for rating reliability. There are many people in the map section that gives detailed feedback and correct opinions, including leaks and bug reports. These should earn Moderating Credits. These credits could improve their 'Rating Power', giving more weight to their ratings than the normal ones. Can sound too childish, but it'd be good, imo.

Also... if only maps weren't protected, there could be a leak checking script that would notify the user rightaway of leaks.
That already exists. The director of the section in question can assign special values for individual users.

Status
Not open for further replies.