• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User Avatar Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
User Avatars

All Hive Workshop users may employ custom avatars to be displayed in their profile page and forum postbit information panel.
  • No avatar may violate any THW site rule.
  • Default THW user avatars may be chosen in one's UserCP > Edit Avatar
  • If desired, users may upload their own custom avatar.
    • Avatars dimensions may not exceed 100 X 100 pixels.
    • Avatar file size may not exceed 256 kilobytes.
  • No avatar may imitate or simulate any Hive Workshop staff rank image.
  • Avatars that violate these guidelines will be deleted without notice.
This document is subject to future revision and/or amendment.

Heretofore, the only official guidelines regarding user avatars have been posted in:

Community > FAQ > vBulletin FAQ > User Maintenance > How do I get a picture under my username?

However, periodic complaints and inquiries have been lodged regarding user avatars that are "spoofs" of Hive Workshop staff rank images. To forestall any additional confusion or misunderstanding the above guidelines are now in force.

Please do not create avatars that imitate or simulate Hive Workshop staff rank images. Thanks.

Level 7
why dont you add a section to the avatar list called "administrators avatars". which shows what avatars to NOT use right now. because there are nearly a hundred of you. now i am not in danger because this avatar is from my computer but there are those that want to use a "wolf" avatar from the list and dont know you allready use it like new people.

why dont you add a section to the avatar list called "administrators avatars". which shows what avatars to NOT use right now. because there are nearly a hundred of you. now i am not in danger because this avatar is from my computer but there are those that want to use a "wolf" avatar from the list and dont know you allready use it like new people.

This is not their actual avator but their rank (chieftain,shaman,rider,grunt) that is forbidden to imitate via avatar pic though it's still annoying to steal someone else avatar.

Yes, we're talking about things like
siteadmin.gif
and
forummod.gif
, for example.

Level 34
No one is that stupid to believe that certain person is an moderator/admin, just check the name if it's coloured or just scroll over it if you see a small message in it like ''View [name]'s Profile''

Status
Not open for further replies.