• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Update to the Spell Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my ideas, all listed:
  • New Rules
    • GUI, JASS and vJASS scripts have to post a code, whether system or spell
    • Systems and Spells without attached code will not be approved, but also not become disapproved, if the moderator thinks its approveable and it does follow the rules, in every way.
    • Furthermore, Spells and Systems that do not work with the latest patch will not get approved.
  • New Information
    • There is a new section under the Spells and Systems entry, like in Models, where you can see a new List of things you need.
      • Tools you need
      • Systems you need
      • Links and information to the required tools & systems.
  • Changings
    • Add a new block to spells & systems upload, which contains a list of basic systems and tools you can use. (Without WEU, ofcourse)
    • While GUI, vJASS or JASS has been chosen, check whether the CodeBox is filled or not.

Please tell me your opinions here!

Last edited:
Systems and Spells without attached code will not be approved, but also not become disapproved, if the moderator thinks its approveable and it does follow the rules, in every way.
So, if I submit a spell without code posted, I can't get it approved neither graved ? I don't think this is a good idea. If a spell doesn't post code, the mod should have the power of decision to grave it or not.
Furthermore, Spells and Systems that do not work with the latest patch will not get approved.
You do realize 80% of the spells section will be destroyed right?
While vJASS or JASS has been chosen, check whether the CodeBox is filled or not.
Please also add option for GUI =P

I think everything else is just awesome =P

So, if I submit a spell without code posted, I can't get it approved neither graved ? I don't think this is a good idea. If a spell doesn't post code, the mod should have the power of decision to grave it or not.
I never said that. I just said it can not be APPROVED, while it can graved or deleted at any time.

You do realize 80% of the spells section will be destroyed right?
Yes, ... But, changes need to be done, it doesn't help anyone if we still approve non-working spells.

Please also add option for GUI =P
Yeah,... With GUI also. Gonna change that.

I think everything else is just awesome =P
Thanks.

Level 18
I think that posting gui code so far with
  • [/trigger*] isn`t good idea so far. coz I`ll and some people could have a simple problem: WE language. I wish I had English version, but I don`t have, so categories and some other things in GUI are in my language, and in some cases it can take some time to edit it to be fully in English. But JASS I think should be posted.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I'm awake...I'm awake..

That's lolworthy. There's no way for Ralle to extract only the spell from the .w3x, it'd include all of the libraries as well. People should just post it, otherwise they can consider their spells automatically rejected.
Well probably not. But I can display the triggers/jass as the trigger editor does it + with syntax for jass, which is definitely not lolworthy.
That sucks... Come one really, the extractor needs some time. And additionally, it should be a 100% solution, not half and half. Just do it 100% at the uploaders costs, or 100% to the hiveworkshop script unzipper...
It will be a 100% solution. It will make everything much easier.
Yeah, give me some time. It's going really well!
Here are my ideas, all listed:

• New Information
    • There is a new section under the Spells and Systems entry, like in Models, where you can see a new List of things you need.
      • Tools you need
      • Systems you need
      • Links and information to the required tools & systems.
  • Changings
    • Add a new block to spells & systems upload, which contains a list of basic systems and tools you can use. (Without WEU, ofcourse)
    • While GUI, vJASS or JASS has been chosen, check whether the CodeBox is filled or not.
Please tell me your opinions here!
AFAIK it would be possible with a few regular expressions (code talk) to detect what is needed. I need Poot's thoughts on this.
Well, AFAIK Ralle auto translates to english GUI; is that true?
As far as I know the WE stores all the information in English.
Storing yes, but not naming. The GUI triggers can have other languages, so you will copy 'Else - Aktionen' for example in a german World Editor.
It doesn't matter about (v/c/whateverJASS), but sure with GUI.
It will all be english no matter what language you submit your map in.
Only strings you type yourself to display messages to players etc will remain in their original language.

I'm awake...I'm awake..
Sounds very.. awake.

Well probably not. But I can display the triggers/jass as the trigger editor does it + with syntax for jass, which is definitely not lolworthy.
It will be a 100% solution. It will make everything much easier.
Yeah, give me some time. It's going really well!
So, you will make it up to the servers fault to extract the code from the map?

AFAIK it would be possible with a few regular expressions (code talk) to detect what is needed. I need Poot's thoughts on this.
Yeah, the checks on submit, but the displaying of the information?

It will all be english no matter what language you submit your map in.
Only strings you type yourself to display messages to players etc will remain in their original language.
Sounds nice, really,... How far is the progress?

Level 14
A quick example: I recently made a few skills in a fresh map. I had 5 triggers containing actual spell code. I had about 10 other triggers containing common libraries and another 5 triggers containing code for testing. Extracting all that will not only clutter the submission but will be totally senseless (besides, some people might not want to see their code redistributed outside testmaps; I, for one, wouldn't).
Just force users to post the code/triggers. If they dont do it initially, give them a 48h warning to correct that (and maybe even refer them to a simple tutorial explaining how to correctly post the code). If they still dont do it, reject the spell.

A quick example: I recently made a few skills in a fresh map. I had 5 triggers containing actual spell code. I had about 10 other triggers containing common libraries and another 5 triggers containing code for testing. Extracting all that will not only clutter the submission but will be totally senseless (besides, some people might not want to see their code redistributed outside testmaps; I, for one, wouldn't).
Just force users to post the code/triggers. If they dont do it initially, give them a 48h warning to correct that (and maybe even refer them to a simple tutorial explaining how to correctly post the code). If they still dont do it, reject the spell.
That would also make no sense, since you could actually post it immediatly to the system and/or spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.