• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Untitled single-player campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Features:

You perform actions with arrow keys.

Right Arrow - Normal hit for normal damage.
Left Arrow - Quick hit for less damage. Lower cooldown.
Up arrow - Block. (requires shield)
Down arrow - Dodge.

With succesfull block, you increase your armor value, thus you take less damage. With dodging, you can avoid damage completely. You must time these right.

If attacked enemy is not infront of you or is too far, you will miss.

Abilities are performed with arrow key combinatios, like Left-Left. You have certain time limit (approx. 0.4 seconds) to perform the key combo.

When you have a shield, you can choose between normal and defensive stance. In defensive stance, your armour increases, but you do less damage.

Stances.jpg

Normal and defensive stances

You gain attributes by leveling up. With each level up, you can distribute 7 attribute points freely.

Str increases melee damage, hp regen, health.
Agi decreases attack cooldown, run speed.
Int increases spell damage, int regen, int.

You can perform horseback riding. Mounted combat included. Mounts give you buffs and extra inventory space, but you can't use abilities while riding. Mounts are not just attachemd effects, and they can die.

Horse.jpg

That be a horse

When the normal inventory fills up, items go to multiboard inventory. You can use/sell/equip/drop items from the multiboard with a dialog system.

MB.jpg

What you see is what you get. Pick up a shorstword, then a shortsword will appear in your hand. Pick up a flaming sword, a flaming sword is what appers in you hand.

The are the following items slots:
Sword, shield, chest armor, helmet , boots.
You can only have one of each equipped at a time.

Items.jpg

Different item setups

Damage taken will be displayed as a floating text. There can be a "+" or a "-" with the damage number, if the damage is increased or decreased by attack/defence types.

Dmg.jpg

Each point of armor reduces damage by one point.

Yes they are.

Rand_1.jpg

Rand_2.jpg

Rand_3.jpg

This is a project I worked on a long time ago. It has been on halt for months. I may or may not complete it. I've since re-triggered the spells, damage system, armor system, inventory, item system etc. I've not applied the changes to this map yet.

The map is still unfinished. You can play quite a bit through the story, but not to the end. Some bosses are missing and boss fights are not done. Merchants don't sell anything. Type hp to fill your health. Terrain is unfinished. Cinematics need more cameras and so on.

Maybe it can still provide a bit of entertainment.

The map is unprotected.

Attachments

• Campaign.w3n
    3.1 MB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.